What you did today

Gorth

I started the final stages of my accounting project today. All I know is my accounting partner friend guy man dude bro is awesome. If I didn't have him to bounce my insanely crappy answers off of I would most certainly probably almost fail this crap. I just finished the second stage and sent him what I got and I'm just awaiting a response to see what he has. For the most part it's not a matter of concept or application it's just my work is plagued with errors that range from stupid transposition, misreading, or in some cases forgetting to post an entry to another journal or ledger.

Luckily I've been listening to this about non stop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoY37T_nv5U

I have no idea what she is saying but I adore her voice and love the song. I...I think I'm in love. :3

Today I also hung out with my friend trying to help him set up his computer for internets but found out his mac is like 8 years old. It was kind of hillarious. His computer had a hard drive of 6 gigs. My ipod stores more than that. So then we went to Fry's to try and find him a computer but he doesn't know if he wants a pc or a mac and whether he wants a laptop or desktop. Then we went to the mall with another friend and then basically nothing became of it.

It's also starting to get warmer. The last few days have been absolutely beautiful but things can only go downhill from here. It's going to be awesome when it hits like 100 during the tail end of school and then I can get into my toasty 500 degree oven car and within 15 seconds have my back drenched in sweat. That's always a good look. It's like 120 degrees 0 humidity and then you step out of your car and everyone is like jesus did that guy just get raped by a dolphin? Yeah I hate my life. Damn you hyperhydrosis, damn you.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

No good either. I just finsihed Half Life 2 while listening to Disney tunes. There's nothing quite like wielding a gravity gun and singing along to the dwarf chorus. My neighbours must hate me.

i'm so proud *sniff*

Thank you, sensei.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Luckily I've been listening to this about non stop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoY37T_nv5U

I have no idea what she is saying but I adore her voice and love the song. I...I think I'm in love. :3

This is why you never should let your **** decide what music you listen to.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Aside: I just got my $1,000 stimulus payment from Centrelink. Woohoo! Time to buy a new computer and a Wii,

So *thats* where my tax money goes... :ermm:

Got my new PC speakers all set up. I can now share the sound part of my games with my neighbours :-

Given I paid more than $1000 in tax last year I'm pretty much tax neutral. Yours actually went on the uni student next door that doesn't work and blows his Youth Allowance on blow.

I did our taxes yesterday. It really is a pain when you've moved from one state to another, while continually working in a third-- if it weren't for that little fiasco, I'd have been done in under 2 hours. Anyhow, I'm happy to report that, all told, the Feds, VA, and MD have been giving the wife and I a no-interest loan of almost $2000. Of course, that loan is now due, which is somewhat less happy news. But it's pretty much what I expected, which is why I put it off for so long.

Given I paid more than $1000 in tax last year I'm pretty much tax neutral. Yours actually went on the uni student next door that doesn't work and blows his Youth Allowance on blow.

I need to have words with the young people next door ;)

I don't get any stimulus packages... The world just isn't fair :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Anyhow, I'm happy to report that, all told, the Feds, VA, and MD have been giving the wife and I a no-interest loan of almost $2000. Of course, that loan is now due, which is somewhat less happy news.

mine is only going to be about $600 this year. with 2 rising incomes coupled with declining deductions it is nearly impossible to break even (which is my goal). last year i actually ended up $2000 in the other direction (about a $1500 refund), which i really didn't want to deal with - it is more efficient to not give the government that no-interest loan - but that was because of an overpayment on some of my other taxes.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The wife and I are getting virtually nothing back this year. We try to cut it as close as possible so that we break even every April. I don't see the need to provide the government with the same "interest free loan" that Enoch sites. On the other hand, we owed money last year and it's always a bummer when you have to pay the government, even if the money has been working for you in the meantime. That, and we're gone so much it just sucks to return home from a trip and scramble to do taxes only to find out we have to rush out and send money back to the feds. We aren't rich, damn it. We don't want to write a check to the feds at the beginning of the year.

As far as what we did today (or in the past week or so, I guess)... We went to the Navy Lodge in Coronado for a few days last week. It was fun in that I love the ocean. I swam every day. March isn't the hottest month, but the water is plenty warm enough. I got up at 5:30 to walk the beach and find shells for my niece. On the way home from San Diego, we stopped at the Wild Animal park in Escondito. I'd like to go some time when I've had more than 20 minutes of sleep the night before. That, and I told my wife I want a Caracel for Christmas. She told me no.

I've seen a bunch of movies recently, including 28 Weeks Later. I should post something in the movies thread. I liked it, but I can definitely see what Monte and taks and Musopticon? were saying about the stupidity of the characters. If NOTHING else, it strains belief past the breaking point that the entirety of the English Isles were under quarantine but they didn't

destroy the chunnel.

Absolutely idiotic that they had such an impressive setup that went to hell in a handbasket in the way that it did. I don't doubt something could have gone wrong, but the exact nature of what went wrong and how just boggles the mind.

Finally, the wife and I finished The Path. Spooky, weird, and obscure video game. I might revisit it just to see if there's something I missed. The different girls were interesting, but the epilogue was a real head scratcher. I never figured out what the hell I was supposed to do.

Today I found out that a girl who is in a few of my classes and her family were murdered over spring break. Apparently everyone else found out on Friday and I'm the last to know.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I don't see the need to provide the government with the same "interest free loan" that Enoch sites.

he's paying, i.e., he got the interest free loan for the year, not the government. in the long run, as long as you spend appropriately leading up to april 15, getting the loan from the government for a year is the better deal even if it doesn't feel like it when you're writing that check. of course, if it gets too large, they get mad at you and do bad things, the least of which is to make you pay the interest you were originally avoiding.

though not as apparently painful, looking at my paycheck every two weeks to see what was stolen from me really is worse. there's no consolation in my retirement deductions given that i have lost all that i gained there, too. i guess that's one area i really have taken a hit due to the economy, btw, though neither of the two accounts i have is very large. can't lose what you don't have i guess. ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

If NOTHING else, it strains belief past the breaking point that the entirety of the English Isles were under quarantine but they didn't

destroy the chunnel.

Absolutely idiotic that they had such an impressive setup that went to hell in a handbasket in the way that it did. I don't doubt something could have gone wrong, but the exact nature of what went wrong and how just boggles the mind.

I don't recall that being the problem.

the kid carries the bugs out the same way his mother did

. I do think it's interesting that in US films being fiercely indidvidualist saves the day. in a British film it gets people killed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

went down to SF to visit my brother (sunnyvale actually). Car broke down the day we were supposed to come back so we ended up spending another day there. Car's still there (we took a rental back east) for another three days.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went to the dentists today. Along with everything else the accident left me with four broken teeth. Finally started taking care of that today. Gotta go back next week for the permenent crowns. Hopefully they get them all right on the first try. But they never do.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That was part of the problem, yes, but it seemed fairly explicit about the chunnel also. I still enjoyed it, mostly because I was forewarned. 28 Days was simply better in terms of vision and orginality. ...And I'm not enticed by originality for its own sake. 28 Weeks was okay, just a bit of a stretch in certain places. I was actually hoping I could sign on and disagree with folks about the film, since that would have meant it was a great film. haha

So something odd happened today and it's made me extremely curious and quite honestly confuzzled beyond belief. Apparently my mom had her nails done by someone in my accounting class who claims to know who I am; which is absolutely freaking ridiculous. Number 1, I'm 1 person of about 70 other classmates. Number 2, the only people I socialize with is my assigned group and even then I couldn't name two member's names off the top of my head. And number 3, the only Asian girl I've met from that class was at a accounting social event a month and a half ago and the name, an extremely unique one, did not ring any bells. Which even if it did, how the hell would she remember me? It's not like I'm particularly interesting or left any kind of impression. But what blows my mind is I looked her name up in the class and she is definitely there. So now it's just a matter of like do I have a stalker and secondly how do I go about getting laid by said hot asian chick stalker? I'm just not sure walsausages can seal this deal.

I know I'm going to ruminate on this for like the next week and a half. Ruining my entire freakin spring break damnit.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So something odd happened today and it's made me extremely curious and quite honestly confuzzled beyond belief. Apparently my mom had her nails done by someone in my accounting class who claims to know who I am; which is absolutely freaking ridiculous. Number 1, I'm 1 person of about 70 other classmates. Number 2, the only people I socialize with is my assigned group and even then I couldn't name two member's names off the top of my head. And number 3, the only Asian girl I've met from that class was at a accounting social event a month and a half ago and the name, an extremely unique one, did not ring any bells. Which even if it did, how the hell would she remember me? It's not like I'm particularly interesting or left any kind of impression. But what blows my mind is I looked her name up in the class and she is definitely there. So now it's just a matter of like do I have a stalker and secondly how do I go about getting laid by said hot asian chick stalker? I'm just not sure walsausages can seal this deal.

I know I'm going to ruminate on this for like the next week and a half. Ruining my entire freakin spring break damnit.

You'll need to make the first move by blurting out "I want to be on you".

I trust you are up to the task.

I'd say that she is "INTO" you. Might be healthy might not be. but at the very least you should get a couple of nights of bouncy fun out of it.

still catching up on my forums. being kept from your computer for 60 odd hours does not lead to simple scanning.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Human relationships are the devil's work and potential romances are even worse.

I need to make this video clip by thursday and I can concentrate about as well as a wrestling duck.

Why did WES eat up 170USD and take 3 months to tell me that all As equals 4.0 GPA? Astounding revelations.

It's not like I'm particularly interesting or left any kind of impression.

Apparently, she thinks otherwise. Go say hi, see what happens. o:)

And right now I'm still reeling about tonights episode of "House." Wow. I don't want to spoil it in case anyone DVR'd it and hasn't watched it yet, but that caught me totally by surprise.

I'm also rediscovering how much bad emotional stress makes me seriously crave chocolate. Like the "lie in bed and wallow with CostCo sized boxes" cravings. So far I've managed to not give in to them, but arrrgh. The last couple days ... just argh. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts