What are you playing now?

Gorth

Been playing old FPS games lately.

Notably 3D Realm's Lo-Wang: The Shadow Warrior which is an awesome game parodying us Asians with great design levels and bucketloads of toilet humour I find myself appreciating ^^; I even loled when I found an easter egg on the first level referencing Singapore's(Country I'm living in) canning sentence.

Another game had been playing is Hexen. Made me realise how difficult old games were where you had to travel through mazes and huge maps just to find a switch or a key. But its got a charm and play factor I can't actually point out that the games in this generation is solely lacking. Games like Blood, Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior had personality with a game focused mainly on pure run and shoot gameplay.

Must be nostalgia and me getting old. le sigh.

You need to load up Redneck Rampage, the absolute best of the old school FPS games! :(

I can't believe Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior and Hexen are now old school. :/

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Problem is I can't get either Blood or Redneck Rampage to play in Vista, even using DosBox has lots of issues like low framerate. :\

Games like Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Rise of the Triad and ID games are playable due to the available open source, which people could make a port out of them for XP and Vista users.

Do you know by any chance about some sites which still holds High Heat Baseball 2003 mods? looks like my google skills are failing me atm :huh:

http://forums.simcentral.net/local_links.php?catid=9

Thanks a lot \o/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Problem is I can't get either Blood or Redneck Rampage to play in Vista, even using DosBox has lots of issues like low framerate. :\

Games like Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Rise of the Triad and ID games are playable due to the available open source, which people could make a port out of them for XP and Vista users.

www.gog.com

they put even Rise of the Triads in there few days ago... one of the 1st FPS i have ever played :huh:

Starting up a new game of Far Cry 2.

The lack of a female PC is stupid. I don't recall the main character ever speaking and all you see are is your own arm. We can have a dozen different dudes but one women? OMG! It must not be!

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Starting up a new game of Far Cry 2.

The lack of a female PC is stupid. I don't recall the main character ever speaking and all you see are is your own arm. We can have a dozen different dudes but one women? OMG! It must not be!

Yeah, that was one of the very first things I noticed. There ARE female NPCS mercs that can be your buddies, but you can't choose to play them, though you can play any of the males. That is so blatant that it must have been a conscious decision on the part of the developers (by conscious, I mean they thought about it, then rejected it). I would be curious to know what the rationale was. It can't possibly be that too much additional modeling or artwork was required.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Debating on playing Halo Wars. I got my sixth copy in today. I guess I should open one. hah

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Currently in my third season of Out of the Park Baseball 9. This is the BEST baseball sim EVER.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Playing through CoD4 on veteran. I simply can't pass "Heat". It's insane.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Heat isn't that hard. The sniper extraction mission, without hiding, is harder. Just keep using those airstrikes. Once you get past the house at the front of the field it's a cakewalk. Toss an air strike outside, then maybe one or two more down the hill, then just sprint down the left hand side of the map. I generally die more often trying to get back past the field than I do in the entire rest of the mission. Don't forget your smoke grenades as well. Enemies won't hit you if they can't see you.

I was thinking: suppose you go to a friends place, and you play a famous xbox game about zombies that may not exactly be released just yet. And you supplied the dvdr that its burned on...and also kind of hacked the console so it could play the game.. would that be illegal? Hypotheticly speaking, of course. :("

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was thinking: suppose you go to a friends place, and you play a famous xbox game about zombies that may not exactly be released just yet. And you supplied the dvdr that its burned on...and also kind of hacked the console so it could play the game.. would that be illegal? Hypotheticly speaking, of course. :-"

Not if you don't get caught. :(

20795.jpg

I was thinking: suppose you go to a friends place, and you play a famous xbox game about zombies that may not exactly be released just yet. And you supplied the dvdr that its burned on...and also kind of hacked the console so it could play the game.. would that be illegal? Hypotheticly speaking, of course. :("

RE5 leaked already? I can take that they blame the PC crowd again.

Is there even PC version of this game?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, its for the 360 and PS3 only. Which makes sense, since its very console oriented. There are alot of strange and illogical designs that PC players would object to, like not being able to smoothly switch between weapons or even reload when you want to. And brutally immersion-breaking stuff like zombies dropping gold (actual gold coins!) and having to aimlessly wander about the levels looking for crates to break to get ammo and health packs.

Yahtzee would have a field day with the weird stuff that RE5 does (like dropping elite specops into a zombie-infested warzone armed with only pistols and 3 bullets each)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"..And brutally immersion-breaking stuff like zombies dropping gold (actual gold coins!)"

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In some countries yes, in some not, modding your own console is in most of the countries legal, and only thing you risk with doing it is lose waranty... I would not do it in USA though :-

Heat isn't that hard. The sniper extraction mission, without hiding, is harder. Just keep using those airstrikes. Once you get past the house at the front of the field it's a cakewalk. Toss an air strike outside, then maybe one or two more down the hill, then just sprint down the left hand side of the map. I generally die more often trying to get back past the field than I do in the entire rest of the mission. Don't forget your smoke grenades as well. Enemies won't hit you if they can't see you.

Yeah, the sniper extraction mission proved too much for me on veteran. Was there some sort of trick that I could have used? Sadly, I uninstalled the game a while back while cleaning my hardrive, but I might go through again just to beat that one.

HA! I passed the sniper mission easy. Just hide behind that bumper car stand and drop claymores all around it, you usually have enough time to go back to cover. Gotta say thanks to Nextgenwalkthroughs for this, though.

I think I just got badly stuck in Heat though.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"..And brutally immersion-breaking stuff like zombies dropping gold (actual gold coins!)"

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear >_<

how else are zombies going to buy their smokes, eh?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yeah, the sniper extraction mission proved too much for me on veteran. Was there some sort of trick that I could have used? Sadly, I uninstalled the game a while back while cleaning my hardrive, but I might go through again just to beat that one.

There are a couple places that you can hide while you run down the clock. Like Will says, you can hide in the far corner, behind the bumper cars and only have to deal with about a dozen enemies that come your way. You can hide around the corner of the one apartment building. There is a little L shaped corner on the right-hand (looking from the ferris wheel) side. In addition there is a little shack just in front and to the left of where you are told to drop Capt. whats-his-face. If you go inside there, and go prone under the table you'll get bombarded with grenades, but 99% of them will land outside the shack. It might take 2 or 3 tries to not get that one lucky grenade that gets thrown through the window, but no one will come inside you shoot you.

HA! I passed the sniper mission easy. Just hide behind that bumper car stand and drop claymores all around it, you usually have enough time to go back to cover. Gotta say thanks to Nextgenwalkthroughs for this, though.

The sniper extraction mission, without hiding, is harder.

>_<

Of course it's easy if you just sit in one of the hiding spots. It's a huge pain in the ass if you actually try to protect the other guy (even though he's invincible) and shoot all the enemy soldiers.

Edited by Deraldin