NWN2: Storm of Zehir is out!

SteveThaiBinh

and everything was working fine when I had Neverwinter II and MOB installed.

Rewind time back to when I bought MOB, and that game broke the core game's campaigns.

um, maybe it's just me, but these two statements seem a bit contradictory.

not sure how the expansions could "break" the core game's campaigns, either, unless you're talking about existing saved games, which is not a surprise. that often happens with big updates.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

You're offering to move me to some place where I can get connected to broadband, pay for the place to stay, and pay for my internet as well?

forget broadband, they don't even have dial-up where you live?

really?

i don't mean to sound harsh, but where the frak do you live that don't have dial-up?

seriously, i've been to darkest africa and the mountains of nepal and found ratty little internet cafes run by petrol generators in both those places that had access to the internet (not you'd necessarily use them to download patches, but still). i'm heading to borneo early in the new year and, even there, i expect to stumble across a working internet connection sooner or later...

i know dial-up ain't perfect. hell, my broadband is pretty crappy (but then i buy it from a billionaire tyrant). but i'm genuinely fascinated by folk who lack regular access to the internet in this day and age, especially anyone who plays CRPGs with any regularity.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

I was just looking for the patch. Do you happen to have a link to get the download?

you might want to check the "Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault" - That's where I get all of my stand-alone patches. >_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

i'm heading to borneo early in the new year and, even there, i expect to stumble across a working internet connection sooner or later...

nice, Kota Kinabalu?

the only other place i remember from my southeast asian "grand tour" was lake toba, mushrooms anyone?

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

forget broadband, they don't even have dial-up where you live?

really?

i don't mean to sound harsh, but where the frak do you live that don't have dial-up?

seriously, i've been to darkest africa and the mountains of nepal and found ratty little internet cafes run by petrol generators in both those places that had access to the internet (not you'd necessarily use them to download patches, but still). i'm heading to borneo early in the new year and, even there, i expect to stumble across a working internet connection sooner or later...

i know dial-up ain't perfect. hell, my broadband is pretty crappy (but then i buy it from a billionaire tyrant). but i'm genuinely fascinated by folk who lack regular access to the internet in this day and age, especially anyone who plays CRPGs with any regularity.

I have dial up. I use dial up. On 40-something year old phone lines through a rotary phone jack which means that I almost never get speeds above a 28.8. While I COULD put my gaming computer on it, I don't typically play multiplayer with computer games and frankly downloading anything at 28.8 isn't really a good use of time. Consequently I use an old computer for nothing but connecting on the internet for web surfing and my other computer isn't connected to the internet. If I need to patch I'll dl it elsewhere where it doesn't take 8 hours to download.

What were we discussing again? I think it was someone complaining about patches and no internet on their computer, so yeah I understand the situation, but I haven't found (beyond user error) patching - or not - a hinderance to game playing.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

nice, Kota Kinabalu?

yeah, i'm planning to climb Mt Kinabalu & do some diving in Sipadan. although probably not quite in that order.

sounds great, borneo diving is second to none, better than the red sea

I guess this isn't a game I'll be picking up. I usually buy Obs games for their narrative and interesting characters and dialog >_<

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'm thinking the same thing. I enjoyed IWD years ago; IWD2, not so much. Okay, okay, I hated IWD2. Bottom line, I'm not all that interested in an IWD-look-alike right now, especially in the guise of an NWN game, since it sounds as if it takes everything I loved about NWN2 and MOTB, and pretty much tosses it out the window.

Oh, well. Maybe next time!

So far I'm not impressed. I just bought it today. Every time I start up the game it screws with my speaker settings so they are 2.1 instead of the 5.1 setup that I have. I have to go and change it in order to hear the sound. Speaking of sound, jow do you reset the theme music back to Mask of the Betrayer? I prefer that over SoZ.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Why is it taking an extra 14 days to come out in Australia?

They have to make sure it all works upsidedown ;)

In all seriousness it probably takes longer to go through the Aussie ratings board as it's quite a bit stricter than anywhere else.

Edited by kalniel

The new dialogue system just doesn't work. It looked good on paper but why the hell did they implement it like this?

If i click on one of the partymembers who have something to add to the conversation then only his "extra" option should be displayed, not all of them.

If i click on one of the partymembers who have something to add to the conversation then only his "extra" option should be displayed, not all of them.
Totally not! Any partymember can say any standard answer, not just what they're skilled for - that's a completely good implementation in my opinion. I'm still against the "power gaming" that is induced by this system, however :rolleyes:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Long story short, does this game work off the shelf or is there some bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

from what i gather, yes, but the digital download instapatches it once to 1.20 and there is a 1.21 patch available as well. judging by the patch list (1.21), it doesn't look like there are any game-stoppers being fixed, which means the patch is not exactly required to run (it also means that if your game ain't running, the patch probably won't help).

i agree that the ability to switch characters during conversations is important. i don't think it is powergaming, however, as that is the entire reason you build parties with complimentary skills. it is insane that certain options in other games aren't available to the PC simply because he isn't a master of all trades.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

And also, even if you do have all skills available to you in the party. In a conversation it often you means you still have to make a choice which of them to use, since once you choose one, you often don't get a chance to use the others. This is not always the case, but quite often it is.

The game is fun as hell, I'm having trouble tearing myself from it. Definetely old-school though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0