Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

ha! i just checked my order status with gameplay and it now says 'preparing for despatch'!

p.s. would be interested in knowing how it runs on the PC for those who already have it - i was equivocating between PC and 360 and finally went with the PC out of a sense of loyalty...

dumber than a bag of hammers

ha! i just checked my order status with gameplay and it now says 'preparing for despatch'!

p.s. would be interested in knowing how it runs on the PC for those who already have it - i was equivocating between PC and 360 and finally went with the PC out of a sense of loyalty...

Gameplay IS awesome (does that count as advertising?). But I'm going to wait before ordering, see what folks have to say on how it runs, stability, etc.

Guys - where do you usually buy games? I have recently moved to the U.S. and cannot find any stores that sell games (well, I don't have a car at the moment...) + don't want to buy over the internet.

Best Buy (store locator link) is a major box store that sells games. You may also peruse your local mall for a Game Stop or the like.

Guys - where do you usually buy games? I have recently moved to the U.S. and cannot find any stores that sell games (well, I don't have a car at the moment...) + don't want to buy over the internet.

Best Buy (store locator link) is a major box store that sells games. You may also peruse your local mall for a Game Stop or the like.

Thanks!

Thanks!

No problem. You come here as a student or full time? Which state did you move to?

Thanks!

No problem. You come here as a student or full time? Which state did you move to?

I came here from Slovakia to do my Ph.D. about one month ago. The state I moved to is Ohio.

Placed a pre-order today. I've been reading the official reviews and Jags.. uh.. review lines and I'm pretty sure this is a game I will enjoy. Bring it on!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not that I don't trust Jags or anything :lol: but um, who else is playing it?

More opinons, please?

How's the new level scaling thing working out?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not that I don't trust Jags or anything :lol: but um, who else is playing it?

More opinons, please?

How's the new level scaling thing working out?

From reviews it sounds like it's similar to Oblivion's... probably more balanced though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Level scaling!?

GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I played a bit. I'm a little daunted by the sheer size of things (I also found I was better with melee than with guns).

I've got it on XB360.

I like the character creation. It's giving the standard creation more depth than before. I also found a bobblehead already!

for those who don't know, you find bobbleheads lying around in the world and pick them up, they give you an AUTOMATIC skill bonus to one of your skills.

and for my vault career I was (dun dun dunnnnn) a pip boy programmer!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just an FYI for people: there appears to be at least a somewhat significant crash problem that some people are having. Plus there appear to be some issues with the securom.

There's some threads and what not in the Fallout 3 forums at Bethesda.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

you find bobbleheads lying around in the world and pick them up, they give you an AUTOMATIC skill bonus to one of your skills.

Are you kidding?

Nope.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I wont be getting my physical copy until friday, so I cracked and got a copy of a friend and it's friggin awesome! It definently surpasses all my expectations.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "