Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

You know what would be AWESOME? If the Fallout franchise was passed around like a french hooker.

Blizzard -> World of Fallout

Square Enix -> Final Fallout Fantasy

:lol:

If Herve gets his way, the World of Fallout may still become a reality (the FOOL project).

Maybe EA should pick it up, then we could get Fallout Games 2009 etc.

...or maybe even "Rad Alert", the RTS games. Pit your armies of BOS legionaires against the Super Mutie hordes in glorious realtime! >_

I think I'll wait until the game has been in the stores for some weeks and then check the feedback on NMA and DAC to see if it is any good. My short stint with Oblivion left me very unimpressed.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How about Fallout: Total War?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Sim Fallout?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Falloutcraft

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ah, character creation...the best part of any RPG. After scouring the manual, I've carefully planned out my character. It's not a power build or anything like that (since that's kinda lame), but more of a charming-but physically-weak-good-natured-gunsliger-with-a-penchant-for-latin theme:

Name: Doc Holiday

ST 1

PE 6

EN 1

CH 8

IN 8

AG 10

LU 6

Tag: Small Guns, Speech, Repair

Perks:

• Level 2: Lady Killer
  • Level 3: Intensive Training: Luck
  • Level 4: Educated (In vino veritas)
  • Level 5: Child at Heart
  • Level 6: Gunslinger
  • Level 7: Bloody Mess
  • Level 8: Commando
  • Level 9: Intensive Training: Luck
  • Level 10: Finesse
  • Level 11: Mysterious Stranger (please be Wyatt Earp)
  • Level 12: Sniper
  • Level 13: Law Bringer (can you say OK Coral?)
  • Level 14: Nerd Rage
  • Level 15: Adamantium Skeleton
  • Level 16: Action Boy
  • Level 17: Better Criticals
  • Level 18: Concentrated Fire
  • Level 19: Cyborg
  • Level 20: Grim Reaper's Sprint

I'm your Huckleberry.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

To ease the wait for Fallout 3:

"Practically nobody bought the Fallout games. Lifetime sales in the UK, for instance, barely topped 50,000 units for the pair of them. Commercially, they were utterly disastrous."

Source: Eurogamer's Restrospective Fallout Article

I really had no idea. I don't think I know anyone who plays computer games who hasn't played Fallout and/or Fallout 2..

Isn't it also something like the most torrented game as well?

@jags: Can you even use a weapon with strength 1?

edit: Also, I see you like Tombstone.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

@crashgirl: There's some pretty heavy bastardization of SPECIAL in FO3. Most of the modifiers don't function in the way they did back in FO1/2.

Will weapons require a minimum Strength? Or only a minimum in its governing attribute? (Perception = Energy, Endurance = Big, Agility = Small).

Weapons do not check for minimum stat values, you can use any weapon you want, the skill/stat just makes you better or worse with the weapon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/games...yourotherfallou

Edit: Yeah, it's one of my favorite movies right up there with Terminator 2 and Aliens. I think it's the Biehn factor.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Holy crap this is the GOTY!

This dude was like help me my mom is getting attacked by roaches and i said "Fork off" to him and he was like "Fork you monkey" and then i brought out a pistol and shot him in the leg and he came at me with a switch blade and i used VATS which is AWESOME AS FREAK to shoot it out of his hand and then he started crying and i BLEW HIS BLOODY head off OMG and then i walked by the room and his mom was like "Help me son!" and i was like "Too bad i already killed him" and then i SHOT HER HEAD OFF TOO!

This is like 20 minutes into the game holy crap GOTY!

I take back everything bad I said about the game pre-release. Everything.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Gerstmann gives it 4/5, though he has an awful lot of complaints. This is one of those games, like Oblivion or anything out of Lionhead, that requires a good few weeks of digestion before a proper verdict is to be rendered. The combination of polish and apparent ambition is enough to bowl over any reviewer who gets less than that amount of time with the game. As evidenced by the ridiculous scores.

Isn't it also something like the most torrented game as well?

That would be SPORE.

@crashgirl: There's some pretty heavy bastardization of SPECIAL in FO3. Most of the modifiers don't function in the way they did back in FO1/2.

In FO 1/2, couldn

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.