Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

Well, I don't have a 360, but I do have a kickass system. And, if it can't handle it, I'll just build a new one. I end up making one every year anyhow, but I'm hoping to skip this year if my new system is beastly enough to last longer.

BTW: Great job, guys! You sold me! I'm downloading it on Steam right now.* If I don't like it, I won't blame you. If I like it, then of course I will sing your praises. :lol:

*I know, I know, only Valve fanboys use Steam. However, I figured it would either be Steam or D2D. I've used D2D before for Blood Money and it worked well. I figure I already have a Steam account so I'll be making more of these online purchases. Got to test it sometime, right?

I would have got it on the PC...if my overclocked gfx didn't blow up.

As it stands, the framerate on the 360 is pretty solid for what appears to be pretty much seamless outdoor terrain.

I've only noticed one bug so far: After sitting down on chairs/stools/sofas or whatever, the 3rd person camera resets to the default 3rd person settings. So you'll have to readjust the camera depth if you're using the 3rd person view.

manthing2.jpg

I've only noticed one bug so far: After sitting down on chairs/stools/sofas or whatever, the 3rd person camera resets to the default 3rd person settings. So you'll have to readjust the camera depth if you're using the 3rd person view.

I get that too, just move the mouse up and it's fixed

I get that too, just move the mouse up and it's fixed

Which is a little more annoying if you have to simultaneously hold down the left shoulder button while pushing up the right analog stick. :sorcerer:

Edit: The worst part was that it took me about half an hour to work that out.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

The game is really pretty, and it doesnt require a hulk-pc to run either

1920x1200 screenshot. no spoilers

http://www.krotma.com/img/fallout301.jpg

Intel c2d e6600 2.4ghz

Nvidia gtx260

nforce 650i motherboard

4gb of really slow ram

and windows vista x64 to boot (xp should run a bit faster)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Maybe EA should pick it up, then we could get Fallout Games 2009 etc.

... you just ruined my day, maybe whole week with that suggestion...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think this is going to be another case like Oblivion, where I get lost and end up not beating the game, haha

Yes, looks and feels just like Oblivion, Oblivion with Guns! From my observations that is.

How does it feel like Oblivion from observation, Dark Raven?

manthing2.jpg

I think this is going to be another case like Oblivion, where I get lost and end up not beating the game, haha

Yes, looks and feels just like Oblivion, Oblivion with Guns! From my observations that is.

How does it feel like Oblivion from observation, Dark Raven?

By looking at the game play. Looking at the start up of your character, closely resembles Oblivion. The same dumbfounded looks of the npcs as you pass them by look the same as Oblivions.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

By looking at the game play. Looking at the start up of your character, closely resembles Oblivion. The same dumbfounded looks of the npcs as you pass them by look the same as Oblivions.

From what I've read it's got pretty much universal praise and everyone seems to think that it's like Oblivion yes, but with all its major flaws fixed (apart from the less than stellar animation & models). So unless you just absolutely hate everything about Oblivion instead of just it's glaring flaws, you'll prob. like this game.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

It's not getting my money.

Can I haves? :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hehe, I love agendas. After reading hundreds of posts over at Beth it really seems the game is a hit, even converting a lot of previous "haters" and hardcore Fallout players then you read a "review" that just cant wait to piss all over every aspect of the game. I dont know who "Vince" is supposed to be (tag says developer) but he just sounds like a mouth full of sour grapes. He wants to hate it so bad he cant help himself.

No you bum, earn your own.

I do earn my own...figured it was worth a shot. :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hehe, I love agendas. After reading hundreds of posts over at Beth it really seems the game is a hit, even converting a lot of previous "haters" and hardcore Fallout players then you read a "review" that just cant wait to piss all over every aspect of the game. I dont know who "Vince" is supposed to be (tag says developer) but he just sounds like a mouth full of sour grapes. He wants to hate it so bad he cant help himself.
Vince has very high standards.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan