Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

I am a weak person. I have very low expectations for Fallout 3. So, I pre-ordered the Survival Edition.

For the PC.

AND XBOX 360.

Thinking that that was overkill, I canceled the PC order.

I'm still regretting my purchase, but I do want the lunchbox and bobblehead...

(I did restart Fallout last night though.)

Coincidentally, Chris Avellone wrote a new forward to the Fallout Bible for the GOG edition

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It would be helpful, for those of us who are genuinely interested in seeing how FO3 has turned out and what people's reactions are, if the thread does NOT turn into a piracy/anti-piracy debate.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well after playing Far Cry 2 and seeing how much better the actual game is than the horrible trailers seemed to indicate, I have a lot more hope that Fallout 3 might be much better than the horrible trailers and walkthroughs have shown.

I'm still not going to buy it without hearing what people think first, though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I dont think Fo3 is going to be a bad game, its just a question of wether its mediocre or somewhat interesting. Oblivion was fun to play a few hours, so logicly, Bethesda should have learned what to do and what to stay away from by now.

Oh, heck. Im buying it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It would be helpful, for those of us who are genuinely interested in seeing how FO3 has turned out and what people's reactions are, if the thread does NOT turn into a piracy/anti-piracy debate.

Sounds like a reasonable request. Thread pruned.

If anybody feel like suggesting that stealing software is Ok and that sharing the loot on torrents equally so, just let me know. I have PM's about Choice and Consequences © that I am itching to share.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Piracy has not been mentioned once in the thread. Therefore, for some reason that defies logical explination, I'm going to mention piracy in the hopes that piracy is not mentioned. :thumbsup:

Edit: And now I see that people had already started talking about it, but those posts are gone. My bad.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Piracy has not been mentioned once in the thread. Therefore, for some reason that defies logical explination, I'm going to mention piracy in the hopes that piracy is not mentioned. :thumbsup:

That is because Gorth pruned out all the posts on piracy earlier.

I'm not actually getting Fallout 3 until Christmas. I just have too many games coming out. But I'm excited to sit down and play it over the holiday break.

Again I'm mystified by mods's inability to edit posts.

Unless playing a copy of F3, on the Xbox, bought from a major store chain in Finland somehow constitutes piracy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've got the collectors edition... I"m gonna have to scrounge for it though... probably trade in Fable 2 and Warriors Orochi 2 (which I should get decent amounts for what with the power trade in and my edge card...)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

To ease the wait for Fallout 3:

"Practically nobody bought the Fallout games. Lifetime sales in the UK, for instance, barely topped 50,000 units for the pair of them. Commercially, they were utterly disastrous."

Source: Eurogamer's Restrospective Fallout Article

I really had no idea. I don't think I know anyone who plays computer games who hasn't played Fallout and/or Fallout 2..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

i never played them... started to, but got kinda bored. i played through all of the BGs first, however, which tilted my view. i'm not really into the post-apoc scene, either. that said, i don't know anybody outside of here that even knows what "fallout" is. i'm really the only PC gamer of everyone i know for that matter, though i do have a bunch of pnp D&D friends. if i get F3, it may be for the PS3 (i'm kinda digging DMC4 on the PS3, btw).

the reality that the fallouts did not sell well has been discussed at length elsewhere, but i'm not sure how much on the obsidian boards.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

To ease the wait for Fallout 3:

"Practically nobody bought the Fallout games. Lifetime sales in the UK, for instance, barely topped 50,000 units for the pair of them. Commercially, they were utterly disastrous."

Source: Eurogamer's Restrospective Fallout Article

I really had no idea. I don't think I know anyone who plays computer games who hasn't played Fallout and/or Fallout 2..

I didn't play them. of course by the time I really recognized them as games worth trying they'd been out of print for five years.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i never played them... started to, but got kinda bored. i played through all of the BGs first, however, which tilted my view. i'm not really into the post-apoc scene, either. that said, i don't know anybody outside of here that even knows what "fallout" is. i'm really the only PC gamer of everyone i know for that matter, though i do have a bunch of pnp D&D friends. if i get F3, it may be for the PS3 (i'm kinda digging DMC4 on the PS3, btw).

the reality that the fallouts did not sell well has been discussed at length elsewhere, but i'm not sure how much on the obsidian boards.

taks

From what I have heard the PS3 version of Fallout 3 has gotten the shaft. No trophies, no DLCs, and somewhat suboptimal performance for the hardware the PS3 sports.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

By contrast I only know one other person and it's because I told him to play the game haha.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever physically met anyone who's played (or heard of, even) either Fallout 1 or 2. ...but then I don't get out much.