Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

Still having a blast. I finally did a few missions in the main quest line. Yes, the inner city quests/areas are probably the weak point of the game. I have much more fun just wandering the wasteland than running around in cramped sewers.

Anyhow..

Fallout3SS06.jpg

You guys need to build the Railway gun! Not only does it say a happy little "Choo-choo" when you fire it, it nails stuff to the walls :D

Fallout3SS07.jpg

I ran into an ant problem.

Fallout3SS08.jpg

I think I'm up to 7 bobbleheads.. or 8. Not sure.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

By the way, I went out to a party last night. When I got back home I decided to play a little Fallout 3 before going to bed. I thought it went pretty well. This morning when I woke up and loaded the last savegame, all my sniper ammo was gone :(

Lesson learnt: Never Fallout drunk.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still having a blast. I finally did a few missions in the main quest line. Yes, the inner city quests/areas are probably the weak point of the game. I have much more fun just wandering the wasteland than running around in cramped sewers.

Anyhow..

Fallout3SS06.jpg

You guys need to build the Railway gun! Not only does it say a happy little "Choo-choo" when you fire it, it nails stuff to the walls :D

I just got the schematic for the railway gun! I'm working on finding the components!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Have a question for people who have met a character named Prime. Is he important? Over near Jury Street Metro Station in 'Dot's Diner' I found the mutiliated body of someone named Prime. The roving bands are both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in the sense they make the world feel much more alive, but a curse in that I think this Prime character may have been a quest character offed by Raiders or Mercs. On the positive, I found a sweet upgraded Chinese Assault rifle on his corpse which packs even more punch and a higher clip capacity than the standard Chinese Assault Rifle and 500 caps.

Some random thoughts and experiences:

I managed to get the schematics to a sweet weapon called the Shishkabob, a sword with oven parts which slashes and burns. I love the little touches in this game too, like wearing an oven mit while using this weapon. :(

I went to Rivet City a bit early and met someone who acted as if I had completed a quest before I had. This ended the main GNR quest before I had even started. Reloaded and avoided talking to this person. While it is interesting that you can bypass quests by going places early, I'd rather do the quest myself.

Speaking of Rivet City, experienced a funny glitch involving a wedding. First try the bride showed, but the groom didn't. The preacher then went through the motions as if the groom were there. Second time the groom showed, but the runaway bride just walked by the door and never came back and the wedding never continued. Third time was the charm.

I have to say, the AI in this game is the best I've seen in a FPS/RPG hybrid. Sometimes Raiders will flee if one or more of their buddies is killed. "&$ this I'm out of here!'. I love shooting the guns out of enemies hands. Sometimes they will either pull a different weapon or run to go pick up their gun. Rocket Launcher using enemies will also switch weapons if you run in close range to avoid damaging themselves. I've seen numerous instances where enemies take cover behind cars or walls.

Found a minor NPC named Sticky who wanted me to take him to 'Big City'. I ended up keeping him for a long time as he was helpful as cover support in early levels. I ended up taking him through the GNR main story quest. A funny thing, my character needs 'training' to wear Power Armor but Sticky, who has been living in a cave his entire life, can wear it no problem.

Speaking of Power Armor, a cool effect when you give a buddy power armor is that their voice becomes muffled by the suit.

I've only found 3 Bobble heads, two of which were painfully easy to find.

Medicine - on Father's Desk when 16.

Strength - Megaton in Lucas Simm's house (the cowboy sheriff)

Intelligence - Rivet City on a desk in the Science Lab

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I need more in Big Guns. I found the Fatman and failed in its first use. It only launched a few feet away and blew me up.

Haven't found any bobbleheads.

Seems like the devs have a fetish with the lawn gnomes though.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hehe, I did the same thing with the Fatman. Aiming at a super mutant it just dropped out of the Fatman and blew us both away.

I've added all of the F1 & F2 music to the game. I love the western track from Fallout 2. Sounds great when roaming the wastes. Pretty much all of the F1 & F2 music falls under the category of exploration, public/town & dungeon/underground tracks. Nothing really for battle music. The brotherhood theme from F1 is perfect for 'Military Base' music though.

I wandered into what I thought was the usual raider camp, turned out to be a small town complete with a swapmeat, bar, and brothel, and one of those mutant giants imprisoned in electric fencing. Kind disappointed I had to kill the whole town. Would have preferred to be able to trade there.

While I'm 'what if-ing', they could have put an arena in there too, maybe a cinema, thunderdome, whatever, for the full mad max effect. Thats what I would have liked to see in a slaver and raider town.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hmm, I hope my new computer arrives soon, since you are all fueling my excitement with your discussions!

I have a horrible computer for games (integrated graphics card) and it runs great.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hmm, I hope my new computer arrives soon, since you are all fueling my excitement with your discussions!

I have a horrible computer for games (integrated graphics card) and it runs great.

Hmmm... if a computer can handle Oblivion, could it also handle this game?

That may well be, but my current computer does not meet the minimum requirements in very important ways. It is simply too old. My graphics card not only does not have the minimum 256MB of Video RAM required, but it is also not compatible with DirectX 9c, which is used in Fallout 3. I have had experience with running games below the minimum requirements and sometimes they work OK, but it is not the case this time. On top of that, the computer is suffering from power-supply problems and is on the verge of self-destruction altogether. It switches off randomly and often refuses to start up again - I have tried numerous things to fix it, but it is too late for it - I need a new one - this is now impacting not only games, but more importantly, my ability to do work on the laptop.

Before you ask... as much as I am looking forward to it, I did NOT get a new computer nor decide on the timing of the purchase for the sake of playing Fallout 3!

It uses the same engine, albeit upgraded. I heard the engine is very well optimized and scales really well, which is always a good thing. ;) That also means that if you can run Oblivion you may well be able to run Fallout 3.

If you're worried about whether the game will actually run on your PC, you might as well wait for when Resident Evil 5 comes out for 360/PS3 tentatively in March next year.

Which is exactly what I had originally planned. ;)

And probably the safest choice in my case.

Thanks Llyranor :lol:

It uses the same engine, albeit upgraded. I heard the engine is very well optimized and scales really well, which is always a good thing. :lol: That also means that if you can run Oblivion you may well be able to run Fallout 3.

It'd probably be wiser for me to wait then, I barely got Oblivion to work on my comp ;)

It uses the same engine, albeit upgraded. I heard the engine is very well optimized and scales really well, which is always a good thing. :lol: That also means that if you can run Oblivion you may well be able to run Fallout 3.

It'd probably be wiser for me to wait then, I barely got Oblivion to work on my comp ;)

Yes, in that case it is probably better to wait. Of course, upgraded also probably means 'more optimized', but still...

Well, I can definitely confirm that the lame leveling system of Oblivion has been removed.

At level 12 I'm absolutely slaughtering Raiders that dare to take me on. Just ran into a building in the wastes, which turned out to be another Raider trap complete with a cool grenade trap that dropped 3 grenades all over the room. After slaughtering most of them one Raider fell into a ball and begged me not to shoot him, then started running away as fast as he could. I shot him in the back of the head as he ran away. ;)

Yes.

I'd go so far as to say that it runs better on low settings than Oblivion did on low. Though it's the opposite on higher settings.

This is all my computer, and as we know, computers are unique snowflakes and no two are the same.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hehe, I did the same thing with the Fatman. Aiming at a super mutant it just dropped out of the Fatman and blew us both away.

I've added all of the F1 & F2 music to the game. I love the western track from Fallout 2. Sounds great when roaming the wastes. Pretty much all of the F1 & F2 music falls under the category of exploration, public/town & dungeon/underground tracks. Nothing really for battle music. The brotherhood theme from F1 is perfect for 'Military Base' music though.

How did you import OG Fallout music?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta