Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

Apart from shooting off heads, I also liked to shoot off the Minigun from a Supermutant. Pretty funny once he realized his gun is kaputt, he screams and runs away and comes back whily throwing grenades at me. Hilarious.

Yeah, this is a part I also love. When you shoot the weapon out of their hands, they look down at their own hands in surprise before doing something incredibly

silly, like try to run to the nearest corpse to pick up another weapon.. which often happens to be a bat. Still, it's fun to watch them react to what you do to them!

I

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I agree that the AI sucks.

When I first found dad, he said we needed to head out to Rivet City. I originally told him that I had my own stuff to do and I'd meet him. I finished looting everything in Vault 112, and so he was actually still running towards Rivet City and I managed to catch up with him. I don't see how he could have done it without me. Dad is something of a hot head, charging mini guns armed with nothing more than his fists and a badass attitude. No way in hell pops could have made it alone. Not the way he handled encounters. And I couldn't even tell him to wait a sec while I scouted ahead. Nope, once we beat down the baddies, dad was all for charging forward.

You don't actually need to travel with him. I just fast traveled and he met me there.

Alright, I don't use VATS, but like, sniping is weird. Like, the sniper rifle doesn't zoom in too much, and it doesn't seem as accurate as it should be at all.
Sniping is gimped. For some reason, not only do sniper rifles not zoom in too much, but also they seem unable to hit targets at extreme distances, or at least, as extreme as the zoom permits. The hits simply don't register, which forces you to close in - which kinda defeats the point of a sniper rifle to begin with.

The viewpoint is UTTER CRAP, as well. It's impossible to shoot from cover, because you are either not behind cover at all, or hitting whatever it is you are using for cover instead of the target, nevermind that there's a clear line between the barrel of the gun and the target.

VATS + missile launcher = luv

Yeah the cover thing blows. I don't know how many times I've shot an invisible wall that hangs off a foot around whatever I'm covering behind. I'm pretty sure the scoped magnum zooms in MORE than the sniper rifle too. Like, they are probably the same, but still, it's ridics.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The funniest kill so far is shooting a deathclaw in the leg. He did a back flip flying in the air and landed on the ground several feet away. It was a critical so it killed him. I don't like deathclaws. I first encountered them last night. Those bastards hit hard.

If people want to follow my character, all they have to do is follow the path of burning cars. LOLZ

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I've probably mentioned this before but I love some of the little touches with animation. If you get a crippled leg you will see your character limping along in 3rd person camera. Also, the reload animations are very good in third person. You can actually see your character pulling clips out and then putting a new one in then charging/****ing/priming the gun and it matches with the First Person animations.

Let me just say this straight up, I like FO3... right.

The Animations in FO3 are down right bloody ****! They're absolutely CACK! That's not just a matter of opinion, it's all really poor animation, the only time anything begins to look good is when the physics takes over for a corpse... Walk cycles, reloads, the whole lot, absolute amatur tripe.

I still think the game is awesome mind, but the idea anyone could actually comment on the animation scares me... And don't get me started on the rendering, and artwork.

Basically the game is "Technically" an absolute turd.

I've only been distracted by one bad animation and that is the running forward while strafing left or right animation in which the character continues to play a running forward animation. I can even live with that though, considering NwN 2 isn't much better. When attempting to run forward while strafing it plays a correct animation of the direction, but in a walking animation so your character is shooting along.

It really doesn't feel any worse than a lot of other FPS/RPG hybrids and I honestly enjoy the reload/jamming animations both in first and third person.

You can't and honestly I'm glad. It never really worked in any of the Fallout games.

Oh, I don't know, I thought the shotgun marriage worked rather well in Fallout 2.

You can't get married or there are no romances at all?

Romance-fee as far as I can tell.

securom2gu8.png

Just started playing, and must say I'm impressed! What hasn't impressed me is the loud music that drowns out dialog. I've set my menu audio "music" and "radio" down to zero, and it's still blaring. I can't find a configuration menu that allows me to do anything else... am I missing something here? Would appreciate any help.

The game benefits from a proper sound card. These days many people make do with on board sound chips, but they usually don't handle directional audio on multiple channels that well.

First thing to do is to run directx setup and update sound drivers.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I honestly don't know how to do that. :brows: Anyway, I'm not the only person having this problem. Over on the Bethesda boards, several others are too. It's really a game breaker since the music is blasting constantly and I cannot hear anything else. Someone said they got relief by setting the wave output on Vista to direct sound. Unfortunately, I have XP and yep, I don't know how to do that either. I'm kind of hopeless...

Well, first step is to find out what you have, that should be listed in the control panel under System > Hardware > Control Panel.

Navigate to audio devices, that should tell you the name of the device. Then it's off to do a driver search. With any luck there will be something available to download. After installing that launch Directx setup, that can be found on the game disk itself, or on microsoft.com.

... and after all that it's entirely possible that it won't solve the audio issue after all. Worth a shot though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

No romances but at least you can get laid.

Well, I guess that counts for something!

Also, Maria Calliban is disputing the notion of there being no romances.

I dispute the notion you can get laid. I paid a hooker 120 bottle caps and she just slept on the bed with her clothes on. How did Dark Raven manage to get some?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Thats Bethys version of getting laid, something like the fade to black kiss in Kotor with Bastila.

Is there a patch out for this piece of ****? I hate crashes especially those that require me to kill the power of the computer in order to restart it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Thats Bethys version of getting laid, something like the fade to black kiss in Kotor with Bastila.

Is there a patch out for this piece of ****? I hate crashes especially those that require me to kill the power of the computer in order to restart it.

Neither that, nor the kiss counts as getting laid. In Mass Effect and Witcher you can get laid. Fallout 2 discribed you waking up with a ball-gag in your mouth and vauge, unpleasent memories of the night before. For it's time, that counts as getting laid.

And the game runs great. I've only had it crash on me once, and that was after I played around with the .ini file.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Fallout 2 discribed you waking up with a ball-gag in your mouth and vauge, unpleasent memories of the night before. For it's time, that counts as getting laid.

:shifty:

BTW: Were you sarcastic about the romance? The others all seem to dispute that it's in the game.

I'm going to guess the majority of other people are playing male characters.

post-1288-1225937461_thumb.jpg