Fallout 3

jaguars4ever

Damn you people.

I really need to wait to buy this game. Please stop talking about it.

You know, Bloody Messis a interesting perk to pick up. Especially if you are using energy weapons or Big Guns.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

With the difficulty cranked up to "very high" I got killed a couple of times during the tutorial. Also a bit due to not using VATS enough.

So for me, it's not that easy. Not exactly hard either and I don't think I'd die if I played it again.

Its kind of funny to complain about the introduction/tutorial in FO3, when FO2 had one of the worst in history. I know far too many people who never made it past the temple with the ants in, I was one of them for many years actually.

That would be because you suck. Hell I think Hades made it through that flawlessly. Just don't mention that werewolf thingy.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It could have been a little tougher. However I found it far more entertaining than FO1 and FO2 tutorial level.
There's a tutorial in Fallout 1 and 2, doen't it just jump right into the story?

Its more or less a mini tutorial. Teaches you the basics of combat and lockpicking.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Really? Hes blasting the game because the TUTORIAL is "too easy". Seriously? Dont want to maybe invest an hour before you decide the game sucks? Ill admit to having a quick trigger too but thats wrt performance, not whether the level 1 punching bags in the tutorial are too easy.

The problem is one of consistancy, where you can easily beat up a whole bunch of people and kill the Overseer without even breaking a sweat, this with the player character being a level 1 weakling (and using skills that the character is rather weak in to start with). And why on earth should tutorials be so easy that you can basically kill enemies (full-grown humans with weapons) by sneezing at them.

I don't see what's wrong with his complaints so far. And hell, in his second post there's some positive stuff as well and he says that it looks like it'll be a better game than Oblivion.

Just to clarify.

I posted my impressions, not a review. I commented that the entire vault 101 area was ridiculously easy and didn't seem logical. A kid shouldn't be able to kill everyone and just walk out, especially after the girl tells you that even with a gun you can't handle all the security guards. Generously giving me high to hit chance with a weapon I'm not skilled with seemed odd as well.

You say it's a tutorial? Ok.

a) What does it teach you? Does it teach me the importance of skills? Does it motivate me to play in the manner fitting my skills?

b) Who says that tutorials should be easy? I thought they should show you game's concepts and teach you how to use various skills, not show you how much fun it is to play in the god mode, pwning everyone.

Yes, the Temple of Trials was horrible, but what does that have to do with anything?

Installing now :lol:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

"War....War never changes..."

I feel like a giddy little school girl again!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

He even says it twice :D

hawt chick with gunz

fo3_01.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So I'm running around through the character creation still...and I don't know if it's the bloom or HDR or whatever, but I don't like the trend of new games having that "glow" to them? What's the purpose of it? It doesn't make it look any "better" only give the world a "dreamy" quality to it, if that makes any sense.

You know, I noticed the same glowy thing in the area outside the vault. It kind of looks like they did it on purpose to show a sort of stark, radioactive landscape. Inside Megaton isn't so bad and I haven't had time to play today so far. I'm looking forward to getting back to the game, though. I've just discovered something in the mainplotline. Using nothing more than speech, no less! :D

I believe you can turn bloom off.

Yeah, I see where you can in the options, but why bloom to begin with? It gives everything this blurry haze.

I must say I agree with Arkan on this. Why even use bloom when all it does it make things look like they're smeared in glowing vaseline?

Anyhow:

Fallout3SS01.jpgFallout3SS02.jpg

I'm up to three bobbleheads now! :wowey:

I'm usually not too fond of collectibles in games (except for platform games and such), but I must say I really enjoy finding these extremely rare bobbleheads. Who would have imagined that a collectible item would work in a serious RPG? Not me!

Oh, and to those who say the game is too easy, wait until you run into one of these:

Fallout3SS03.jpg

Granted, I am low level still (only got the game yesterday), but my combat shotgun barely scratched him. And he only had to hit me twice with that post of his for me to be a goner. And he's fast!

Sorry about the crappy picture of the Behemoth, by the way. I kind of panicked trying to find the screenshot button :ermm:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I must say I agree with Arkan on this. Why even use bloom when all it does it make things look like they're smeared in glowing vaseline?

Anyhow:

Fallout3SS01.jpgFallout3SS02.jpg

I'm up to three bobbleheads now! :wowey:

I'm usually not too fond of collectibles in games (except for platform games and such), but I must say I really enjoy finding these extremely rare bobbleheads. Who would have imagined that a collectible item would work in a serious RPG? Not me!

Oh, and to those who say the game is too easy, wait until you run into one of these:

Fallout3SS03.jpg

Granted, I am low level still (only got the game yesterday), but my combat shotgun barely scratched him. And he only had to hit me twice with that post of his for me to be a goner. And he's fast!

Sorry about the crappy picture of the Behemoth, by the way. I kind of panicked trying to find the screenshot button :ermm:

Run along the main quest to get to GNN, you meet with some BOS and get a fatman.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Run along the main quest to get to GNN, you meet with some BOS and get a fatman.

Yeah. I'm not touching the main quest yet. I only entered Megaton at the very beginning and from there on it's been all exploring for me. I'm having a blast just running around in the wasteland looking at things. Four bobbleheads now. I also found a unique (I think?) weapon:

Victory rifle, a sniper rifle that does more damage.

I really should get back to the main quest soon though. I need to find that dog everyone's talking about.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm up to three bobbleheads now! :)

WTF, mkreku?

I've been playing since monday night and I still haven't found a ****ing bobblehead. It's beginning to piss me off.

Also,

I take it you're supposed to stack them in your Megaton house

?

manthing2.jpg