Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Transformers

It's atrocious, and deliberately atrocious at that. It's a Transformers movie, so the appalling crapitude comes with the territory.

Too many humans, not enough robots. If you want to have a large human cast, I better be able to see half of them get squished by the giant robots. Also, why the hell was Starscream loyal to Megatron?

I see the issue here. I know almost nothing about Transformer lore, and so I viewed the movie as an action flick with cool robots and a few humorous lines. Transformers were just crappy toys when I was growing up that broke fairly quickly. I wasn't invested in the IP.

The Creeping Terror quite possibly the funnest (and funniest) bad horror film not directed by Ed Wood.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Knocked Up :lol::lol:

The mushroom scene is classic. someone has done their research >_<

Madagascar 2 - The first movie I took my 6 year old son to, he lasted about 45 minutes before he started to get antsy. I do believe my sister and I enjoyed it more than he did.

Clone Wars - Not bad, not bad at all typical Star Wars

Kung Fu Panda - Decent.

Been watching Arrested Development for free here

Funny stuff!

Just watched the Season 3 Final of Xena. All I got to say, is that the show was/is udnerrated. Heck, i think I underappreciated it a bit when I first watched it. Gabrielle is perhaps a top 5 tv character EVAR!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I saw some random French comedy/life/thing, Ghost Town, on the flight back to NZ. Decent for when you're stuck to the seat like I was, but nothing special. It has that fellow - Rick Gervais?

Watching "A Christmas Story". Gotta say, its one of the top 5 movies ive ever seen.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Just watched the Season 3 Final of Xena. All I got to say, is that the show was/is udnerrated. Heck, i think I underappreciated it a bit when I first watched it. Gabrielle is perhaps a top 5 tv character EVAR!

It was one of the best tv series IMO. Wish they would do a movie.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

we watched the hulk last night. wow. incredibly entertaining movie. i was really impressed. one question: is stark's appearance in the end before or after he becomes iron man? i've seen iron man as well, and his "ethic" (for lack of a better word) after becoming iron man seems at odds with general ross from the hulk, yet he talks about "putting together a team." as i recall, the hulk movie came out first, but i don't know the actual marvel comics timeline involved.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

well i'll be danged. just checked and the avengers will be out in a couple years with iron man, the hulk, captain america and thor. that's what i get for being ill-informed on the comic book world. :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Total Recall one of Arnold's best movies.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

we watched the hulk last night. wow. incredibly entertaining movie. i was really impressed. one question: is stark's appearance in the end before or after he becomes iron man? i've seen iron man as well, and his "ethic" (for lack of a better word) after becoming iron man seems at odds with general ross from the hulk, yet he talks about "putting together a team." as i recall, the hulk movie came out first, but i don't know the actual marvel comics timeline involved.

taks

Incredible Hulk came out after Iron Man. Hulk came out a few years ago, but the two are entirely unrelated. Incredible Hulk is a far superior film.

Saw Doomsday a couple weeks ago. I've never felt that a movie would have been better with less violence until I saw that. It was enjoyable, but the gore was for the most part pointless.

Bolt was fun, worth seeing for the dog shooting lasers from his eyes for the first time.

Step Brothers, Forgetting Sarah Marshal, and You Don't Mess With the Zohan are all good comedies that should be watched as well.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've rewatched Stepbrothers three times in the past three days. And it still makes me chuckle every time.

And I rented the latest Narnia flick the other day. Didn't care for it too much, except for those kick ass mice.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Total Recall one of Arnold's best movies.
True Lies :lol:

Terminator 1 & 2. :(

Call me weird, but I also liked Twins a lot...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wanted

What a horrible movie rofl. I have no idea how the hell anyone thought it was even mildly good. The plot/character/premise development is about as inconceivable as the completely ridiculous action stunts that are the core make up of the entire movie. I wanted to be entertained but when the hard ass ultra violence and gore is shoved down your throat with 0 substance behind it I find it a little hard to swallow. Granted the movie did what it wanted to do and that was have virtually non stop action from start to finish. But I am seriously in utter shock at how ridiculous the entire experience was.

The pitch must have been something along the lines of

"Hey, you know how s- tastically bad action movies usually are?"

"Ugh I guess...You mean like how they have incredibly horrible dialogue and a plot that was conceived by a group of 9 year olds who have daddy issues and think action requires lots of explosions and gun play and just an absurdity that is so pervasive it can only be interesting to the demographic who created the movie; retarded children."

"Exactly. But this time things will be different....he he he."

"How so?"

"Well were going to keep all the old stuff but this time we'll just pour a 100 million into it and brutally mind rape the audience with some hackneyed theme of living your life to the fullest. It'll be so awesome."

"It sounds awesome bro but what if it's still gay like all those van damn movies...."

"Dude....the general population is a bunch of retards who wouldn't know quality if it plunged it's fists into their chest and ripped out their hearts..."

"That's a pretty sweet metaphor."

"Yeah I just thought it up. It'd make a great premise for another film though."

Wanted gets a whopping 5.7 out of 10.

Absolutely insane. What is this world coming to.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Wanted

What a horrible movie rofl. I have no idea how the hell anyone thought it was even mildly good. The plot/character/premise development is about as inconceivable as the completely ridiculous action stunts that are the core make up of the entire movie. I wanted to be entertained but when the hard ass ultra violence and gore is shoved down your throat with 0 substance behind it I find it a little hard to swallow. Granted the movie did what it wanted to do and that was have virtually non stop action from start to finish. But I am seriously in utter shock at how ridiculous the entire experience was.

The pitch must have been something along the lines of

"Hey, you know how s- tastically bad action movies usually are?"

"Ugh I guess...You mean like how they have incredibly horrible dialogue and a plot that was conceived by a group of 9 year olds who have daddy issues and think action requires lots of explosions and gun play and just an absurdity that is so pervasive it can only be interesting to the demographic who created the movie; retarded children."

"Exactly. But this time things will be different....he he he."

"How so?"

"Well were going to keep all the old stuff but this time we'll just pour a 100 million into it and brutally mind rape the audience with some hackneyed theme of living your life to the fullest. It'll be so awesome."

"It sounds awesome bro but what if it's still gay like all those van damn movies...."

"Dude....the general population is a bunch of retards who wouldn't know quality if it plunged it's fists into their chest and ripped out their hearts..."

"That's a pretty sweet metaphor."

"Yeah I just thought it up. It'd make a great premise for another film though."

Wanted gets a whopping 5.7 out of 10.

Absolutely insane. What is this world coming to.

The comic was much better but still had millars tenuous grasp of reality.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watched Alien over the weekend. First time I'd seen the 1979 version in a few years (I think the last two times I'd watched it, I'd seen the director's cut).

Still an enjoyable film but I keep finding myself trying to second guess the crew and outcome of the movie. "Could x have survived had he/she done Y instead of Z?"

Also was wondering this time if

Dallas knew about the extra directive or not; Ripley was able to find it out pretty easy in 10 minutes working with Mother

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've rewatched Stepbrothers three times in the past three days.

I thought it was weak myself, some humorous moments but otherwise :lol:

5/10

I found Stepbrothers to be a really entertaining hour and a half. But from what I've gathered from my friends its either love it or hate it. We've had daily arguments over which was a better summer comedy: SB or Tropic Thunder. Both have their own faults or merits, but SB gets the nod from me simply for using the term 'ball fro'.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.