BREAKING NEWS: NEW EXCLUSIVE DRAGON AGE FOOTAGE

Llyranor

Not a bad teaser. Graphics look solid; but not gonna learn anything about the actual game from it nor did I expect to. Short of course; but oh well; anyone who expect 30 minutes of footage for delusional anyways.

Hopefully, E3 will start the real push for information instead of just marketing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Graphics do look pretty nice. Hope the "METROSEXUAL BLONDE HERO (POSSIBLY TROUBLED) FIGHTS OFF THE EVIL ORCZ" theme isn't quite so prevalent in the game, we'll see.

As Volourn says, this ain't Diablo 3. I'm pretty satisfied that we got as much as we did.

I said no such thing. There's no reaosn to bring D3 into this DA thread. D3 is a punk and deserves to be spit on. Wannabe RPG that it is. L0LLIGAGZ!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I said no such thing. There's no reaosn to bring D3 into this DA thread. D3 is a punk and deserves to be spit on. Wannabe RPG that it is. L0LLIGAGZ!

:sorcerer: R00fles I say! Da wil be FLOORED! Floored I say! :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Personally I thought it looked great, although the LotR orcs were a bit blatant. Maybe a bit Warhammer. I'll not get too bothered about it until I see screenies of gameplay, complete with GUI etc.

One thing that does surprise me is the very high-fantasy medieval look of the armour, weapons and buildings. Maybe it's just me, but I was expecting more of a dark-ages, low-fantasy vibe. More Conan than Knights of the Round Table. I prefer the dark ages look to the gothic knight aesthetic but we'll see I suppose.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Can't say I was expecting a 30 minute extravaganza but I was interested in seeing something.. I dunno.. a little less generic? I blame Volourn for raising my expectations on that front.

I'm still interested in the game but the trailer just lowered my overall anticipation for it.

Aside from Orcs, Sauron and Boromir, it looks like it will pretty good graphics (worse than Mass Effect though :bat: ) and animation. And that's about it.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

anyone who expect 30 minutes of footage for delusional anyways.

yes, it would be delusional to expect in-game footage, for example.

oh wait, didn't Blizzard release in-game footage at the same time they announced D3?

yes.

yes, they did.

the trailer looks good visually, though: crisp graphics, art design, etc, but content-wise there's nothing to distinguish it from generic vanilla fantasy at this point.

the only thing that told me it was a DA trailer (besides the end screen) was the name Ferelden.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Although, Dragon Age has promised (if this hasn't been changed since) much larger scale combat than we're used to seeing in Bio/BIS CRPGs. I wouldn't mind 'dated' graphics at all if that means we actually have larger scale battles and all the tactical gameplay differences that come with such a decision.

Although, Dragon Age has promised (if this hasn't been changed since) much larger scale combat than we're used to seeing in Bio/BIS CRPGs. I wouldn't mind 'dated' graphics at all if that means we actually have larger scale battles and all the tactical gameplay differences that come with such a decision.

you know, i haven't heard them mention a thing about that in years.

personally, i reckon they'll have their hands full building a decent 1st person/3rd person party-based CRPG. i think they learned their lesson from NWN about trying to build a game that was all things to all people & i'd bet good money that the whole 'larger-scale' combat thing has been quietly shelved...

Edited by newc0253

you know, i haven't heard them mention a thing about that in years.

True, but they haven't mentioned many things in years, so I'm still holding out some slim hope. :bat: You do have a point, though.

the trailer looks good visually, though: crisp graphics, art design, etc, but content-wise there's nothing to distinguish it from generic vanilla fantasy at this point.

Are you serious? Did we watch the same trailer?

Here comes the pic spam!

DragonAge2.jpg

DragonAge3.jpg

DragonAge4.jpg

DragonAge5.jpg

DragonAge6.jpg

Where did you see crisp graphics? To me it's all a blurry mess with really weird lightning and shadowing. The backgrounds are, for the most part, indistinguishable as they're so blurry and non-descript.

Someone mentioned that they were going for large scale battles. That would explain a lot because the first thing I thought when I saw these character models was that they looked like they were ripped from Total War or something. Their models look bad when zoomed in because they have to be able to have hundreds of them on screen at once.

I'm hoping this teaser trailer has nothing to do with the actual in-game graphics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Where did you see crisp graphics? To me it's all a blurry mess with really weird lightning and shadowing.

*shrug* looks pretty crisp to me. maybe you have astigmatism or something.

plus i think the lighting is appropriate to a battlescene with torches.

The backgrounds are, for the most part, indistinguishable as they're so blurry and non-descript.

again, it's a battlescene at night. would you really expect a detailed background?

my beef with this ain't the graphics. they look fine to me & besides, after playing crysis, i'd prefer a game that looks good without having to fork out for a state-of-the-art supercomputer in order to run it on the max settings.

my beef with this is that it's just generic fantasy filler at this stage. i'm sure DA is actually a distinctive game, but you wouldn't know it from watching this brief excerpt.

I'm hoping this teaser trailer has nothing to do with the actual in-game graphics.

one of the Bioweenies has said it was all in-engine.

Im still way more excited over Mass Effect 2.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The graphics looks as good as ME, Mkreku, which isn't bad in my book. It simply looks ly they had film grain and blur on. With those two options on with ME you get the same basic effect.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Actually, the graphics look exactly like ME's would if it was a fantasy setting. That means nothing to me, since I really don't want super-graphic games. I want games that are fun to play. This teaser doesn't tell me anything about whether or not I'll like the game. Supposedly, someone is going to get a walkthrough of the game @ E3. Will it be someone who knows about RPGs is the question.

Will DA feature real combat like Oblivion or classic point-n-click?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Will DA feature real combat like Oblivion or classic point-n-click?

Who knows at this point. They haven't shown any gameplay video as of yet.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"