Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Oh man, I expect to teach some of you n00bs how it feels like to be smoker chow.

/winrar

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Left4Dead.

I expect to teach some of you n00bs how real men survive a zombie lollercaust.

/ronery

You better be getting the 360 version!

I could have gone either way, but guesting won out because I have friends.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

i think you are little bit confused... Oct 13 will be the patch 3.0.2 day, WotLK will be out Nov 13.

D'oh! Reading that was like a kick in the sack. So the patch will have the new talents right?

I cant imagine both versions would be DVD only, that would hurt sales. I guess worst case scenario Ill yoink an external DVD from work and use it install at home, only need it that one time anyway.

You better be getting the 360 version!

I could have gone either way, but guesting won out because I have friends.

It'll be the PC version for me, I don't have a 360 ;_;

I mean, no. I'm a hardcore PC gamer, you poser!

that, and I kinda suck at playing shooters with a controller

i think you are little bit confused... Oct 13 will be the patch 3.0.2 day, WotLK will be out Nov 13.

D'oh! Reading that was like a kick in the sack. So the patch will have the new talents right?

I cant imagine both versions would be DVD only, that would hurt sales. I guess worst case scenario Ill yoink an external DVD from work and use it install at home, only need it that one time anyway.

Yes, the new patch will feature new talent trees, mandatory DVD will maybe hurt sales, but i think very little tbh, most of the gamers who still dont have DVD-ROM in their PC will just do the same thing as you plan to do (borrow external drive) or just buy it or wait day or two for digital download being available. I realy do think that it is slowly time for manufacturers to switch from multiple CDs to one or multiple :x DVDs :) I remember games when they was released on 3.5" Diskettes and the possibility to install game from 1 CD instead of 22 3.5" was the reason why i purchased the 1st CD-ROM that was available in my hometown at that time :p

The Disc - o - theque whenever i am installing WoW or any other CD only game on new PC is just killing me slowly :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

TBH, I have no idea what Inscriptions are supposed to do. I read the description to mean it will augment your spells, what do you mean by "inscriptions save enchants"?

Good question on the flying mounts. Blizzard has said something like its too much of a pain to go back and add a Z-axis to Azeroth (thats why they only work in Outland, built from the ground up with a z-axis) but since they treat the new continents as "zones" I would be shocked if flying mounts didnt work in the new continent.

Inscription.

Flying mounts will work at Northend... after you hit level 77 and do "cold-weather-flying" quest chain.

Ah, thanks to that link, I saw a link for enchanting: http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Enchanting

Damn, I still have to level up one of my guildies enchanting and then grind rep for her to get my enchants. That or I have to pay for whatever replaces mongoose.

+Fallout 3

I'm cautiously optimistic. So far, I like:

-Focus on Fallout 1 style over Fallout 2. I. E. less pop culture references, and silly things being more along the lines of secrets instead of right in your face like Fallout 2.

-The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. rule system is WAY better than Oblivion's rules.

-Removal of the extremely lame leveled enemies from Oblivion.

-The game really looks like Fallout come to 3d life.

I'm worried about:

-Bethesda's writing and their choice of voice actors. Some of the 'leaked' videos from youtube have confirmed some god-awful acting. One video has the player kill another characters father, then that character responds with all the emotional intensity of someone who has had their ice-cream cone knocked out of their hand. Some of the voice acting is good though. I especially like Liam Neeson as the player's father.

-Fallout 3 doesn't ship with an editor. I hope one is added later. Oblivion was a crap game without mods and I'm hoping Fallout 3 can stand on it's own.

-Oblivion's engine is one of the crashiest I've seen. I hope it is more stable in F3.

+Call of Duty 5

The coop mode looks awesome and multiplayer has replaced the insanely lame helicopter 7-kill streak aimbot award with a pack of rabid dogs. ;) RELEASE THE HOUNDS! Jack Bauer sounds sweet in the game too.

Unfortunately, it still features the lame health revive after a few seconds. Whoever thought full health revive in a semi-realistic shooter would be a good idea should be shot.

+Farcry 2

Only thing I'm worried about is if the darn thing will run on my computer.

+Resident Evil 5

IF it comes to PC it will be a must buy for me.

+NwN 2: Storm of Zehir

Really looking forward to the new additions. Now if only Atari would stop souring the NwN 2 experience with the delay of MoW. Making EA look like fantastic publishers when it comes to DRM.

Ok.... I thought it looked more like Oblivion 1.0 with a simple re-skin and not Fallout, but if you think otherwise... ;)

Oh yeah, you'd need to be a frigging genius to spot the difference.

Oblivion.jpg

Fallout3A.jpg

You guys are so full of it. I know you hate it without having played it already, but there's just no limit to the stupidity you guys stoop to when you try to talk down on the game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If you see it in motion then you most definetely see the Oblivion heritage mkreku. Stuff like animations feel like they're lifted out of Oblivion, same with the characters total inability to act. Strange decisions like how you can't sleep in owned beds, as well as 1 hours of rest will bring you up to full health also makes a return. Radiant AI as well, with characters firing off conversations on top of each other when there are a bunch of people close to each other. Voiceacting is still awful.

And that's not even going into the most basic stuff like how it's first-person exploration in a very "compressed" gameworld.

At the core (how things generally work and play), it looks much more like Oblivion if you ask me, with the Fallout world sort of "draped" over that. If you like it, that's fine of course. But there are plenty of similarities to be found. There is of course also differences from the very nature of it being a post-apoc game.

Anyways, atm I'm mostly looking forward to these:

Storm of Zehir

Mysteries of Westgate

Age of Decadence

Maybe Far Cry 2 as well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Also the complete randomness of which you recive quests are back (but that's a problem with most RPGs)..

An example with heavy spoilers.

in a demo I saw on youtube, they walked into a town (minutes after coming out the vault) - went straight to a bar and met a guy who promptly handed over a device for destroying the entire city. Asking for the players help.

That just doesn't make any sense.. He's sitting in the very town he wants to destroy talking quite loud about his plains to complete stranger. That's quite a risk!

Fortune favors the bald.

My issues with Oblivion had nothing to do with the way it looked, so I'm not sure why it would be a problem if Fallout 3 looked like Oblivion. But I don't see much of a comparison graphic wise, sure you can tell the engine is similar, but it's not Oblivion 2.

Diablo 3. The wizard trailer is very impressive. Haven't been this excited since BG2 to be honest.

I guess Fallout 3 too, if only to see how bad they screwed it up.

That PoP trailer looks very nice, I love the art direction. That is what games are supposed to look like, 3d animation. I wish Blizzard would have done the same with D3.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli