Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Mostly, I'm interested in Storm of Zehir and Fallout 3 right now. (I actually didn't start to get excited about FO3 until I saw the ad campaign they started in the DC Metro this week. The 'local' aspect of the game to me is a fun selling point-- I'm a sucker for unexpected intersections between my "real" life and my nerd life.)

Unfortunately, both come out in late Oct.-early Nov., and we're going to be moving to our new house on November 8. (Translation: all my free time will be spent packing, unpacking, shopping for furnishings, and playing handyman.) Looking further ahead, Dragon Age and Alpha Protocol are the big attractions once the calendar flips over to '09.

Now that I think about it, I don't know where I'm going to get the time to play all that stuff. A 30-hour game usually takes me a month or so, and I imagine that will go up with the new house and the holidays coming up.

Just 5 more days until WotLK! Luckily I have Columbus Day (13 Oct) off because our company closes for that day so I can log a ridiculous amout of hours playing.

I forgot to mention this one. This is a must buy, and likely on release day. It's not that I'm excited about the release. I'm just glad to be able to move forward with guildies. Right now, I don't want to invest the trouble gearing up our 70s knowing that we're going to replace our current kit within the next five levels of the expansion.

Looking back, I guess I sound pretty down about prospective games, and yet I'm still buying them. I bet anything, as jaded as I appear, that I'll really enjoy WotLK when I get it. ...And Enoch's excitement over Fallout 3 is infectious.

Hell, I'm kind of thinking of buying the Halo series and Max Payne for the PC. I had them for the xbox, but I just can't figure out the damned controller.

New, VERY VIOLENT video from far Cry 2:

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=15365

Voice acting sucks, but I'm really stoked about this game. PLEASE LET IT BE GOOD!

I myself am gonna pick this and Fable II up on release. I've been following both games for quite a while and have high hopes for both on their own levels. I really hope Ubisoft can pull off the look and feel as much as they've stated they are with the atmosphere surrounding your character with really feeling like you're in Africa and all.

I also am somewhat looking forward to Fallout 3, which with the more I read about it and see gameplay videos, the more I'm interested, but I'm gonna grab this around Christmas while I invest most of my time in with Fable 2 and Far Cry 2. Definitely the year of the sequel to say the least.

I forgot to mention this one. This is a must buy, and likely on release day. It's not that I'm excited about the release. I'm just glad to be able to move forward with guildies. Right now, I don't want to invest the trouble gearing up our 70s knowing that we're going to replace our current kit within the next five levels of the expansion.

Looking back, I guess I sound pretty down about prospective games, and yet I'm still buying them. I bet anything, as jaded as I appear, that I'll really enjoy WotLK when I get it. ...And Enoch's excitement over Fallout 3 is infectious.

Im very excited. I would happily pay the premium price for the "special edition" so I could get the extra goodies but unfortunately its only available in DVD, which my PC doesnt have. *quietly weeps*

So I was reading up on some of the features in WotLK and this caught my eye (see bolded):

In the cold, harsh northlands...The Lich King Arthas has set in motion events that could lead to the extinction of all life on Azeroth. With the armies of the undead and the necromantic power of the plague threatening to sweep across the land, only the mightiest heroes can oppose the Lich King's will and end his reign of terror for all time.

Blizzard Entertainment's latest expansion to World of Warcraft

Oh my goodness! I can finally customize my appearance beyond the ridiculously limited selection I have now?! Woo HOO! YEE HAW! I'm mostly interested in inscriptions in order to provide enchantments. That's the one that let's me save an enchantment so I don't have to wait for my guildies to finally start leveling their enchanters again, right? Inscriptions save enchants?

Anyhow, as far as professions go, I have one miner/skinner maxed. Then I have one engineer(350)/blacksmith(maxed). I have a leatherworker/engineer maxed. I have an alchemist(366)/herbalist(maxed). I have an enchanter(371)/tailor(maxed). The only thing I would do different at this point is spring for the epic flyer for my miner/skinner. Since I've had to dole out thousands of gold to my guildies for seed money and epic flyers and whatnot, I only have one epic flyer and it really should be on my gathering professions. I find that I really don't need an epic flyer once my people are max level.

Hey, will we be able to use our flying mounts in WotLK? It's in Azeroth, so if we can use them there, we should be able to use them everywhere.

TBH, I have no idea what Inscriptions are supposed to do. I read the description to mean it will augment your spells, what do you mean by "inscriptions save enchants"?

Good question on the flying mounts. Blizzard has said something like its too much of a pain to go back and add a Z-axis to Azeroth (thats why they only work in Outland, built from the ground up with a z-axis) but since they treat the new continents as "zones" I would be shocked if flying mounts didnt work in the new continent.

I was mixed up. I think there is some way to save enchantments so that you can send them to yourself or put them to auction. Inscriptions is a new way to augment spells, I guess. I would say that, in anticipation of purchasing WotLK, you should level up someone to be your workhorse for gathering. Once you've ramped up your professions to the max, you really don't need any material until you plan on making something. That means you can have one character do the grunt work and have your other characters maxed with profession specific gear.

Hell, once you get raid stuff, even a lot of your crafting stuff won't matter as much.

I really wish there were some great single player games on the horizon. The NWN franchise is all about custom content and multiplayer. Dragon Age is only interesting in that it's a new fantasy game, but I cringe at the staid "high fantasy" setting. WotLK is coming out, but half the time I don't even read the quest text anymore. What we really need a solid, well written CRPG. Maybe I'll give ME a shot, although that's not upcoming. From what I've seen, it isn't well written, but it's a single player game at least. Is ME out for the PC yet?

Voice acting sucks, but I'm really stoked about this game. PLEASE LET IT BE GOOD!

Looks semi-interesting, although from what I've seen it will probably just be another Crysis - all flash and no substance. Although I do like the fact that you will be able to "let the heroes die first," as there are too many games where your forced to take the "good" path and do not have a viable "evil" option.

securom2gu8.png

Looks semi-interesting, although from what I've seen it will probably just be another Crysis - all flash and no substance. Although I do like the fact that you will be able to "let the heroes die first," as there are too many games where your forced to take the "good" path and do not have a viable "evil" option.

I get the feeling Far Cry 2 will just be another soulless FPS coming from the Ubisoft machinery. And the Savanna setting totally turns me off.

Is ME out for the PC yet?

I believe so although Ive seen some complaining that it contains DRM so that may effect your decision.

It's been out for several months. From everything I've heard, the controls on the PC version are superior.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dragon Age... Did I mention Fable 2?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Kotor 3!

Except for the fact that its gonna be an MMOPOS.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Do developers do their own game trailers? Or are there outside companies that are hired to put together these trailers?

I'm curious becuase I really felt that FC2 trailer was really horrible. The game may or may not be good but that trailer just made me laugh at how stupid it was.

The voice over should have simply been removed. That would have made the trailer at least not so insipid.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Just 5 more days until WotLK! Luckily I have Columbus Day (13 Oct) off because our company closes for that day so I can log a ridiculous amout of hours playing.

i think you are little bit confused... Oct 13 will be the patch 3.0.2 day, WotLK will be out Nov 13.

http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/080915.html

Im very excited. I would happily pay the premium price for the "special edition" so I could get the extra goodies but unfortunately its only available in DVD, which my PC doesnt have. *quietly weeps*

and according to this press release WotLK will be available only on DVD.

so you should start thinking about upgrading if you want to paly it on reelase day!

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

TBH, I have no idea what Inscriptions are supposed to do. I read the description to mean it will augment your spells, what do you mean by "inscriptions save enchants"?

Good question on the flying mounts. Blizzard has said something like its too much of a pain to go back and add a Z-axis to Azeroth (thats why they only work in Outland, built from the ground up with a z-axis) but since they treat the new continents as "zones" I would be shocked if flying mounts didnt work in the new continent.

Inscription.

Flying mounts will work at Northend... after you hit level 77 and do "cold-weather-flying" quest chain.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

and according to this press release WotLK will be available only on DVD.

Special Edition will be only on DVD, not vanilla WotLK.

The quote taken from the link i posted before...

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows
Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours