Mask of the Betrayer Redux

Big Bottom

Traps on the whole in every NWN game were never worth bothering about, for me.

There's one point in NWN2 where I've almost had to use traps every time to get through without smashing my keyboard. The quest in the watch/thief lines where you must get the snitch from inside the house.

That place is filled to the brim with enemies and if you try fighting them, there's a few places where two or three rooms worth of guys come at you all at once. I have to floor the place with every trap I've encountered up to that point in the game and just train as many guys as I can across them to the entrance. Takes ridiculous amounts of time to set up, but it gets me through it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I used to just cheat through there and the Orc Caves after the first playthrough, as I'd often get 15fps at the best, 3fps at the worst. You have a point though - usually NWN series encounters involve head-on charges after conversation cues make your characters all walk into the room though.

Both of those places(House of knives, orc caves) are a breeze when every single character is stoneskinned and buffed.

Still not fun to wade through, though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I didn't think the orc caves were a significant problem. Mostly, as Mus? says, they were a slow, plodding march through a bunch of enemies. In fact, the only areas of NWN2 that were tough were the areas that lingered just a little too long. I thought NWN2 was a good game, but it had a lot of areas for improvement. MotB went a long way towards improving the NWN2 experience, but I think there's more that Obsidz could do with the engine. It would be nice to see another expansion, but who knows?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I thought the Orc caves were also pretty easy. They're spread out enough and your characters have levelled enough where they deal with them. I'm of agreement with Cant, it was just slow.

Three things I want to see in the nesxt expansion. 1) More skin. Its freaking DnD fantasy, not the lands of the Amish. 2) Better physics. Maybe it is a limitation of the engine but when I shoot a lightning bolt at someone I want to see them fly back instead of just fall on the floor. 3) I want realistic gore and blood splatter.

Flying naked bodies that explode in a bloody mess. Yeah, DnD at its finest! :D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So now we learn of Sand's snuff film fetish. That's terrific.

I wish you had the option to make the Genasi more human looking. Like, just regular human looking with like, different colored eyes or something. And when you get mad your hands catch fire or start lightnining soemthing.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Three things I want to see in the nesxt expansion. 1) More skin. Its freaking DnD fantasy, not the lands of the Amish. 2) Better physics. Maybe it is a limitation of the engine but when I shoot a lightning bolt at someone I want to see them fly back instead of just fall on the floor. 3) I want realistic gore and blood splatter.

Flying naked bodies that explode in a bloody mess. Yeah, DnD at its finest! :D

You don't fly backwards when you get hit by lightning. :lol: You just ragdoll. But someone flying back when they get hit by a bigby's or something. That would be cool.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Time to start Mask! Just beat Neverwinter Night 2 with my evil ending. DANG that last fight is tough. And by tough I mean even with dm_god on it took forever. Didn't take so long without dm_god. Y'know, because I died immediately.

No idea Pop. And in the final battle for my Good playthrough,

I only had Safiya with me so I did have to dm_god it.

I'm curious, can PCs get portraits like the CNPCs?

Does anyone have an answer to that question? I am quite interested in this since I don't like the 3D portraits... :lol:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

That's Kangaxx.

And I'm awesome because I remember this, not pathetic.

Sing it to them, brother!

In old Athkatla in a house down by the dock

Lies an undead necromancer with a death trap on his lock.

If you should meet him you'll be soon deep down in rock

Sent by the Demi-Lich that they call Kangaxx.

If you're a brave one and your weapons are +4

And you've found the golden remains from the other tombs before:

With luck and skill you won't end up at Toril's core.

There must be fifty ways to kill your Kangaxx...

...Fifty ways to kill your Kangaxx.

So don't forget to pocket pick, Rick,

When he's just a plain lich, Mitch,

You'll get two Rings of Gaxx, Max,

Wear cumulatively.

You'll just get one to start, Bart.

And when the first lich is slain, Jane

He'll go to Demi-Lich state, Nate:

Act immediately.

Read your Protection from Magic, Vajic,

Or all read Scrolls of Undead, Fred,

But not until he's gone Demi, Remi,

Or he won't talk to thee.

Summon up a Wizard Eye, Guy;

Kangaxx can't imprison that, Matt.

Cast yourself a Spell Immune, June,

Abjuration's the key.

What sort of weapons does it take to fell this foe

Who's survived without a challenge since centuries ago?

Are they expensive and where do you have to go...

...To get rid of Kangaxx?

Some tools are pricey; perhaps you have no cash to spare

And you can't shoplift from Ribald as the Amnish Guard is there.

With all your abilities it doesn't seem unfair

To have a cheaper way of killing Kangaxx...

...Cheaper way of killing Kangaxx...

Wield the Improved Disrupting Mace, Grace,

Or the Sling of Everard, Gerrard,

You could use the Staff Of Rynn, Lynn,

Better than +3.

Knock him down with Crom Faeyr, Blair,

Or the Magi's Stave, Dave,

Could try the Withering Spear, Keir,

To kill him expensively.

But, the Carsomyr sword, Gord,

Soulreaver from the Demon Knight, Dwight,

Cutthroat from the tomb of Bodhi, Cody:

Can be had for free.

So make all the snares you can, Dan,

And every Fire Elemental, Yentl.

Get Hasted and Berserk, Kirk,

For 55K X.P.

--

Also, just finished MotB. It was...brilliant.

manthing2.jpg

What the ****.

I'm LAWFUL GOOD! GAH!

I swear, only aligment I play less is Chaotic Evil. Grr.

I started neutral, ended up Neutral Good (fitted in character development so I let it happen - yeah, I tend to make overly complex characters for mere CRPG's :ermm: ) which was fine but lawful good. Never.

Yeah yeah, I know it's purely cosmetic but it still annoys. Reason, of course, is

suppressing your hunger. That sucker gives you 2 point shift towards lawful every time you use it - and sometimes I had to use it since there wasn't any spirits nearby. Meh, what's so lawful about suppressing your hunger...

. And I hadn't had much chances (or will since that doesn't even fit in character most of the time) for lying lately either. *sigh*

Now I ended up with most generic possible aligment/race combo, LG/Aasimar :blink:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If you didn't want to be lawful good then you shouldn't have acted lawful good.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Anyone else have the game crash on quit? Wasn't having this problem playing the OC, but now that I'm playing the expansion campaign everytime I quit, it quits, but then windows tells me it crashed.

Happens with me occasionally, and did before xpack too. Not too big a deal. I haven't experienced a single crash in NWN2 in a long time.