Mask of the Betrayer Redux

Big Bottom

i was, but i need to start over. i think i did the fastest act I in history. big mistake. i'm going to actually attempt to recruit a few folks next time, i.e., i'll complete the side-quests! o:)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm about 8 hours in, and I haven't a single complaint so far (although there are some weird camera issues, but hey, I played NWN2)

Any reviews in yet?

My only complaint is that it took me around half an hour to fully set up the new cameras/scroll speeds, etc.

After that, its been excellence all the way.

manthing2.jpg

MotB getting an 8.0 from Gamespot.

Main issues being that the Spirit Eater System is meant for hard-cores and camera problem. I don't exactly agree with the numeric score however, as I think it deserves a 8.5 instead. *Shrugs*

A pity that gameplays like Bioshock (Which you can never die and seriously dumbed down) gets high scores lately.

Bloody dinosaurs, I reinstalled NWN2 then patched it up before installing MOTB - that took an hour and about 4 downloads because it can't jumpt ot 1.16 or whatever in one go.

And now there's another 30mb to go after MOTB is installed.

Its official: Magic Circle Against Alignment has got to be the most annoying spell of all time. Every time your party members reshuffle, that annoying jingle and icon pops up. It took me like 10 minutes to figure out what the hell my stupid NPCs were doing to create that jingle. At first I thought it was teh Dove chick's persistent aura or something. After figuring it out, I wiped that sucker out of everyone's spell books!

manthing2.jpg

Oh yeah, I definetely agree with that. It was driving me mad. Other spells that got erased was Safiyas "Stone Body" which she loved to cast.

Also, is it just me or do sound effects vary a lot in volume? I notice this now that I'm playing a Warlock when I use Eldritch Doom. Even though I turn the sound effect volume down a lot, occasionally (most the time it seems to follow the volume set in the options) it will be really loud. Same goes for stuff like, er... The tentacle thing (can't remember the name at the moment).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Why don't you guys just disable the AI?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So, um, I haven't kept up with all the info for this game, and now I'm spending 30 minutes trying to pick a class.

I used to plan my characters to death in IE games but with 3.5ed D&D I'm not really in touch - generally I like spells and NWN series thieves suck even more than IE ones (with their traps and chunking backstabs), so I'm looking at either Spirit Shaman with mb Stormlord, or a straight off Wizard - Red Wizard.

What are the companions that are available in MOTB and their classes? I don't want to be a wizard for example if you get a really cool wizard companion you see...

EDIT: Oho, never mind, here we go: http://www.thieves-guild.net/index.php?pid=301, though I don't know yet which ones are fun to have around.

At least two of the companions will be mutually exclusive: Kaelyn the Dove (LG) and One of Many (CE). They simply will not be able to co-exist.

Damn, from the descriptions Kaelyn is well developed, and I just want One of Many in there. I guess I'll try the Spirit Shaman (though I don't know what prestige classes go well with that) and see how the game goes.

Edited by Tigranes

:aiee:

Kinda wish there was a way to use the old spell casting incantation sound effects though.

Yeah! My guy sounds cool when he casts Eldritch Blast, but everything else sounds like joe schmoe saying something in Spanish.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You can have both Kaelyn and One-of-Many in the party as far as I know. As far as I understand you can gain influence with One-of-Many if you lie a lot to Kaelyn. Okku and One-of-Many are mutually exclusive though.

I've found all the companions worthwhile so far, they're all interesting in their own right. I'm currently doing an evil replay with One-of-Many, and it's appropiately disgusting.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My god, I had kept myself completely in the dark about the game and those NPCs look sublime.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah Mus, I know how you feel. I just wish I hadn't spoiled myself about the Genasi.

Throwing metagaming out the window I just picked on whim - Air Genasi, Spirit Shaman lv18, now I have all prereqs and will go Stormlord. Fits a sort of weird concept, throwing lots of thunder and air around and what with all the spirits about.

I just played the first area and god, the performance boost is awesome, even from 1.07. I have a freaking Radeon9600Pro, of course, but even at med-low settings, it looks alright (I dont mind too much) and its just so much more smooth. Once I get the X800 in after I fix my power supply, it should be able to handle normal mapping at least. It just makes the game so much more enjoyable, because now it runs as smooth as the IE games for me.

It helps that I've never ever been bothered in thes ilghtest by NWN camera (I seem to be the only one) and I'm trotting about with a single angle/zoom.

I really love the loading screens and basically the new feel, it's really elegant and classy. Tingling to know more but it is 3:30am.

I'm at the point where I have Safiya, Gann, and Kaelyn and now the option opened up where I can have one more companion, but I'd have to kick out Safiya, Gann, or Kaelyn. *cries*. Dammit, I want them all! Oh well, I guess this first play through, I'll do the Safiya, Gann, and Kaelyn party.

The new companions are so far, really well written. Since I am playing a Female Fighter/Weapon Master I'm looking forward to the Gann romance, *rawr*. Though, keeping Gann's influence up is, challenging (for me) so far. Damn Chaotic Neutrals!

Its official: Magic Circle Against Alignment has got to be the most annoying spell of all time. Every time your party members reshuffle, that annoying jingle and icon pops up. It took me like 10 minutes to figure out what the hell my stupid NPCs were doing to create that jingle. At first I thought it was teh Dove chick's persistent aura or something. After figuring it out, I wiped that sucker out of everyone's spell books!

the warpriest aura thing does the same, and yes, it is annoying. PATCH IT OUT OF THE GAME! :aiee:

i'm going to start over and actually work my way through act I rather than jump right to the... event. man that was tough. gonna be a F13/WM7 when i restart.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I like the new Prestige Classes. Invisible Blades seems like it was included specifically for people like me. I love daggers. It'll be perfect for my Rogue/Assassin character so I don't have to throw Ranger or Fighter in for higher BAB.

Those are proper character portraits.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Spirit shaman is luv <3

Those 4 fighter levels, weapon focus on spears and cloud giant belt of strenght (without it his strenght is ok 14, with it 24 :) ) makes him formidable in melee too. And all the cool spells. Druid spell list in sorceress style...why no one had thought about it earlier? It's perfect and fits the game. And their spirit related special feats are neat.

Yeah, I guess I found my new favorite class.

Fights are much more challenging and funnier, I've been in few quite hard and one party wiping encounter (I only beated it on my third try after some tactics tweaking,

damn death knights and their immunities!

). Even the easier fights are much funnier somehow.

Then question,

how do I open the door to lower levels in Death God's Temple? I haven't yet fought against Okku if it matters - I thought I should do all else possible missions first before fighting him. But maybe I can't get there before it. I visited the "open house" in shadow city too and found nothing of interest. Well, except for the mysterious box which Kaji can't open (little bit too high DC) and can stand even meteor swarm! I really hope "key" isn't there since I have no idea how to get it :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Those are proper character portraits.

I'm definitely liking the enemy portraits in the regular OC. With the nice backgrounds.