Mask of the Betrayer Redux

Big Bottom

Be prepared to find many things lying around in strange places like dirt mounds in the middle of the city. :* I wish some of that had been done differently, but at the same time it's so silly that I can't help but find it amusing. :ermm:

Hope you guys will enjoy the game as much as I did though!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Those aren't just any dirt mounds, they're EPIC dirt mounds.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

that settles it... i'm stopping at GameStop tonight. of course, since i'm watching the squirt tonight that means he's coming with me, and i'll be forced to buy him a DS game as well (the 4-year old is nearly finished with super mario).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

that settles it... i'm stopping at GameStop tonight. of course, since i'm watching the squirt tonight that means he's coming with me, and i'll be forced to buy him a DS game as well (the 4-year old is nearly finished with super mario).

taks

You can just mix a few drops of vodka with his milk. This way, he'll be safely asleep while you go out to buy MotB. :ermm:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

nope, he got yoshi's island, and i got MotB... installation happiness underway! oh, i got the last copy. the guy seemed surprised and noted "huh, i guess they're really selling quick."

taks

Be prepared to find many things lying around in strange places like dirt mounds in the middle of the city. :) I wish some of that had been done differently, but at the same time it's so silly that I can't help but find it amusing. :sorcerer:

Hope you guys will enjoy the game as much as I did though!

Yeah, I think its funny that just laying in the middle of the road is like 1500 gold and a pair of magic boots, then you go and open a locked chest and find 500 gold. I hate how when epic levels are involved, the devs automatically assume everything has to scale to it. Random thugs in a bar are level 25, gold rains from the sky, etc. When you're that high level, some things should be easy, some things shouldn't. When you're that high, you should be able to take down some random thugs like they were flies, but it should be hard to find equipment better than you have already. Level 25 is where I want to fight the horde of goblins and great cleave lets me take down 9 goblins at once. The goblins shouldn't all have 10 levels of fighter and 10 of frenzied berzerker with monkey grip dual wielding greatswords. It defeats the fun of epic levels when things that really shouldn't be a challenge kill you. Like pirates in a bar.

On the other hand, question for the Devs: How do you feel about all the comparisons to Planescape: Torment?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

When you're that high, you should be able to take down some random thugs like they were flie

Hey, trust me. We all complain that everything's 'stupid epic' in TOB, but I'm playing now and I memorise 9 disintegrates with Edwin, he puts things to dust on a minutely basis.

The BG2 disintegration animation as a whole has to be one of the most satisfying 'kills' I ever get in all of gaming. There's just something about it. Woosh green ball, shreds of dust.

I should have mine in a day or so, having it sent by buddy from US since it doesnt' even come out here for at least 2 weeks. *glee*

I have to wait for my copy to come in the mail.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Got it today :sorcerer:

Pure awesomeness

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would have this game already but I'm waiting on my Circuit City gamer's discount card to arrive. I'm planning on making ~$300 in purchases this week. Maybe I should just buck it up and not save the 10% on this expansion.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, I think its funny that just laying in the middle of the road is like 1500 gold and a pair of magic boots, then you go and open a locked chest and find 500 gold. I hate how when epic levels are involved, the devs automatically assume everything has to scale to it. Random thugs in a bar are level 25, gold rains from the sky, etc. When you're that high level, some things should be easy, some things shouldn't. When you're that high, you should be able to take down some random thugs like they were flies, but it should be hard to find equipment better than you have already. Level 25 is where I want to fight the horde of goblins and great cleave lets me take down 9 goblins at once. The goblins shouldn't all have 10 levels of fighter and 10 of frenzied berzerker with monkey grip dual wielding greatswords. It defeats the fun of epic levels when things that really shouldn't be a challenge kill you. Like pirates in a bar.

i agree. it should be possible to make the game challenging, while providing sufficient loot, without scaling _everything_ appropriately. rasheman should be no different than athkatla, save a general population used to some fighting, i.e., i'd expect the thugs to be a little tougher due to the circumstances surrounding the city (much more war-like than athkatla), but not the same level as i am. they should all be equally poor, however, as everywhere else. leaving 4k in gold in a dirt pile seems excessive.

so far, this is my only complaint. i quite like the game. quite a lot. of course, my winders box decided to reboot on me when i was working with the barbarian troupe. i heard it happening, actually - the computer always makes a different sound when winders is attempting to shut down. normally it won't shut down if something is running, but apparently winders did not care about NWN2 and did it anyway. grrr.

taks

Did something happen to the casting voices? Everytime my guy cast a spell he'd say something with a cool voice. Now it's just two short syllables in a meh voice.

Edited by Tale

It's very inconsistent. I just did some double checking and the voice for Leaps and Bounds and See the Unseen is both different from the one for Eldritch Blast and just generally inferior. Unlike previously when it was the same voice, except maybe different words.

Interrupting any previous discussion: I'm playing motb right now and really, really enjoying it. Thank you, Obsidian, for a good game with great moments and an a so far top notch addon! o:)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority