Pictures of your games...

Darque

Oblivion all sliders max'd and 8xAA. FPS will go higher if I get conroe I hope.

"My armor's so bright you'll have to wear shades... "

Looks great - using the new card I assume? I'm so jealous...sigh. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nice one, Hades.  :lol:

It is?

:thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My attempt at a female warlock character. Tried to make her look like a friend of mine. The character is more buff, but otherwise built the same. :thumbsup: My friend has long hair, but long hair in this game clips unrealistically so I went with short hair, plus the long hair that looks somewhat like hers has a flower in it, which really doesn't fit with the whole warlock theme.

It's also odd that this class is the only one that shows any skin beyond that of, say, an Amish dress. Of course, it's all painted comic-book style.

Edited by Wistrik

What is wrong with comic style? It reminds me of the old DnD cartoon or the Forgotten Realms comic line they did a while back.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I loved the BG ones, they were totally the "tavern firelight" theme. :blink:

IWD... many of them were pretty crappy, some were nice though. Mostly a stylistic things.

All NWN1 portraits were crappy. Either they were unusually deformed (i.e. super cheekbones or crooked eyes or something) or they had some crazy odd expression....

Something changed after 96 and Games were just never the same, I think that was the year that Graphics became significantly more important than Gameplay.

So Doom is better FPS than HL2? :blink:

Another older pic, it was fun when bunch of City Watch helped me in fight against Luskan dogs. :lol:

post-15364-1164804219_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What is wrong with comic style?  It reminds me of the old DnD cartoon or the Forgotten Realms comic line they did a while back.

Now that we have decent computers, video cards, and 3D modeling software, I expect realistic models, not comic book models where the details are merely painted onto the skin.

If I can find a decent 3D modeler that'll allow me to modify/create NWN2 models, I may begin a project of making more realistic models. Cost is no object, so maybe something like Maya would work. I'm a newbie at 3D modeling, but I learn fast so it wouldn't take long, and I love 3D.

Something changed after 96 and Games were just never the same, I think that was the year that Graphics became significantly more important than Gameplay.

So Doom is better FPS than HL2? >_<

If we are talking about gameplay, then nothing about the FPS genera has really changed all that much since Spasim released in 1974.

32 Years and all we really have to show for it in that genera is more shineys, which were always a huge part of the appeal of the FPS game to begin with, so using the FPS genera as a counter point is flawed to begin with.

Edited by Mortis Nai

Tactical use of physics (Pushing a dryer off a ledge onto a Combine soldier) is a pretty big advancement. It opens numerous avenues one can take in one's approach to killing (Gravity Gun+Length of Pipe=Win).

It should also be noted that advancing the FPS genre is a little difficult to do, being that the core game play is still walking around in first person view and shooting things.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Affecting the enviroment was a pretty big step in FPS genre evolution. Half-Life didn't pioneer in it, but it was probably the most prominent one to feature it. Another thing that you could call evolution was being really 3-D. Large open spaces utilising both axis' and the ability to traverse them. Starsiege:Tribes is easily the best example of this.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Affecting the enviroment was a pretty big step in FPS genre evolution. Half-Life didn't pioneer in it, but it was probably the most prominent one to feature it. Another thing that you could call evolution was being really 3-D. Large open spaces utilising both axis' and the ability to traverse them. Starsiege:Tribes is easily the best example of this.

Affecting the Environment can be seen in many many games, one of the first being Street Fighter, and you could even shoot barrels in the original Doom. Physics and the ability to affect the Enviroment is not a "New" Concept, it has just been improved and advanced slowely overtime.

I am not attempting to understate the FPS Genera's contribution to Games, FPS Games have always led the way in terms of "realistic Gameplay" but once again, all of that can be attributed to the Core Gameplay and appeal of the FPS Genera to begin with, which has remained the general game play same for 32 years.

Doom is pretty similar to Half-Life 2.

Mario Bros. is Vastly Different to Super Mario Galaxy.

Point being, most FPS Games have managed to evolve while maintaining there "Soul" if you will, mainly because flashy graphics and big booms was and is a huge part of what makes FPS Games popular.

Many Genera's have lost that spark that made the special in the race to keep up with peoples expectations from FPS Games and the fun seems to be diminished because of that.

Just look at the Final Fantasy Series, in order to look as stunning as possible the games now play themselves... human input is kept to a minimum, I just don't see that as fun, your supposed to "Play a Video Game" not "Watch a Video game."

Nothing was worse than going over to a "friends" house and they would be in the middle of playing a video game and not allow you to play it, they would make you sit there and watch.

I'm sure most kids knew ones like that growing up... there is one at every school, point being, its not as much fun to watch as it is to play.

Edited by Mortis Nai

Modern FPS are similar to older FPS in the fact that both are from the first person perspective and both feature shooting. Half-Life 2 and Doom 2 offer very different gaming experiences.

And the comment about "shineys... were always a huge part of the appeal of the FPS game to begin with" is simply wrong. Early FPS were never any prettier than other games.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Just look at the Final Fantasy Series, in order to look as stunning as possible the games now play themselves... human input is kept to a minimum, I just don't see that as fun, your supposed to "Play a Video Game" not "Watch a Video game."

Nothing was worse than going over to a "friends" house and they would be in the middle of playing a video game and not allow you to play it, they would make you sit there and watch.

I'm sure most kids knew ones like that growing up... there is one at every school, point being, its not as much fun to watch as it is to play.

I don't agree with you. :)

FF12 gives you a choice. You can let the gambits do the work or do it all yourself or a combination of both. Using gambits effectively is also a game in itself to a certain point. Besides, its not like you can let your characters do all the work from the start. To do that you need to play for many hours.

My second disagreement is with your statement that watching a friend play is not a good thing. I remember playing the Sierra adventure games like King's Quest, Space Quest and Leasure Suit Larry, or other games like Dragon Lore or even Lands of Lore and Betrayal at Krondor with a friend, putting our heads together to solve puzzles and make up strategies to beat enemies or make maps and walkthroughs, always together.

I'm not saying its always fun to "just watch" but it can be.

My second disagreement is with your statement that watching a friend play is not a good thing. I remember playing the Sierra adventure games like King's Quest, Space Quest and Leasure Suit Larry, or other games like Dragon Lore or even Lands of Lore and Betrayal at Krondor with a friend, putting our heads together to solve puzzles and make up strategies to beat enemies or make maps and walkthroughs, always together.

I remember playing through old Lucasarts and Sierra adventures with a friend in my early teens. Good times.

1035734478-00.gif

So Doom is better FPS than HL2? :)

If we are talking about gameplay, then nothing about the FPS genera has really changed all that much since Spasim released in 1974.

32 Years and all we really have to show for it in that genera is more shineys, which were always a huge part of the appeal of the FPS game to begin with, so using the FPS genera as a counter point is flawed to begin with.

You did not answer my question.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)