Pictures of your games...

Darque

Chain mail is a loose armor of sorts, so it shouldn't look painted on, which is more obvious on female characters. The game even stretches the links and makes it look a tad unrealistic. It'd be nice if the armor actually rendered over the character's body, rather than being an alternate skin texture.

I agree...the marked stretching of the links over the chest is graphically distracting, at least in those screenshots. I've seen female 'lycra-chain armor' without nearly as much stretch - could've done better there, definitely.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

NWN 2 w/ 1.03 beta

post-1750-1164362778_thumb.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! :) ... Bok, what fps are you getting at 1280/4x? Add in some proper textures to replace the Quake3-class textures that seem to be in the game currently, and it will actually start to look quite good.

I'm getting a not-so-bad 30 fps, with 8xAA. Inside towns, I'm still getting a bit less unfortunately, but I think it's because towns are so CPU intensive.

post-1750-1164409909_thumb.jpg

Hah, love how Sand's robe collar is clipping his hair.

Bokishi, I'm definitely ordering an 8800GTX tomorrow or Monday. My widescreen monitor is going to waste with 1024x768.

Clipping is an issue. My robes collar does the same with my character's long ponytailed hair. Or if you put a hat on an elf, their ears go through it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I use The Sowing Fields which does fire damage but no fire animation. Your's doesn't do fire damage yet has fire animation. :rolleyes:

If I ever figure out how to make custom items, I'm going to make a cool scythe based off one that I used in Diablo 2.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I use The Sowing Fields which does fire damage but no fire animation. Your's doesn't do fire damage yet has fire animation.  :bat:

If I ever figure out how to make custom items, I'm going to make a cool scythe based off one that I used in Diablo 2.

I think fire is the new "evil" image, since they got rid of the reddish glowing... <_<

Also, PM me the specs and I'll make you a something, if I'm able to that is... :rolleyes:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

There be spoilers in these screenshots! Cover thine eyes if thou art given to trembling at the mere sight of yon spoilers. ;)

Spent some time in the Haven last night and tried to get some screenshots to show off the 4xAA I get. It's frustrating doing this without a first-person camera, but until it's added or someone hacks it into the game, I'm stuck looking over my character's shoulder. I also miss the NWN camera's ability to drop to ground level, which made scenery shots more interesting. Anyway, here are a few pics, starting with an Erinyes...

This character looks better up close than her boss, Hezebel. Hezebel looked great in the cutscene dialogs, but up close her textures (even on high) leave something to be desired. This gal could bench my character with those arms, and do several other amazing things I'm sure. ;)

Here is Baalsiban (sp), a spokesdemon for Gold's Gym and possibly every other franchise.

This is Zaxis, the failed Marileth and one of the uglier gals I've ever met. Her bedside manner is atrocious.

Ah, Korobouros. Together with Baalsiban, he gave me flashbacks to Exodus' castle in Ultima III.

More shots in the next post.

Edited by Wistrik

Continued... (Spoilers!)

Blooden, a good way to lose 3 influence points with Elanee really quick. Just tell Blooden she's the most beautiful woman you've ever seen. ;) (You can also gain 3 quick points by siding with Elanee earlier in the meeting.) For various reasons it seems this character is the closest Obsidian got to NOT painting clothing onto a character as a skin texture. Either that or this character has clothing attached as "accessories". Note the black outline at the bottom of her attire.

Another angle showing that her attire isn't entirely painted onto her as a skin. My character just happened to drop his eyes to a convenient level when I hit the screenshot key. ;)

I love this shot she takes at Ammon. History repeats itself for the thousandth time.

This guy is much better than any hollywood actor at being a devil. His name, Mephasm, is interesting as well. Sort of a cross between Mephisto and something else. Most of the time you only talk to him in dialog boxes, but at the end we get to hear his deep voice as he damns Ammon. :blink: Good stuff. It's a challenge taking screenshots of this guy because he blinks a lot.

That's all for now. Currently battling my way through Neverneath.

Edited by Wistrik

Well a normal hit does over 150 points of damage, if you specialize in Scythes, and I have seen 500+ on a critical hit...

Of course I'm making a High-Level Hack&Slash Mod, so the bosses will be enhanced as well...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

@ Wistrik - that's a nice swashbucklin' pimpin' hat, there. :D

@ Deadly_Nightshade - awesome seconded. Nice work!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts