NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

I don't see the wow-factor in that quote. He's basically saying that the devs are paying attention at the bio boards (where the official boards are) and not the Atari boards. Is that news?

people at Bioware forums point out that all problems with NWN2 should be posted at Atari forums, and then Atari points out all comments should go to Bioware forums.

IB1OsQq.png

"I don't see the wow-factor in that quote."

It's the fact that he syas BIO has the community 'legally'.

Is that so surprising? It seems to me that it would be an object of negotiation in the contract between Bioware & Atari (and Obsidian, for that matter). Whoever hosts the community fora is going to have opportunities for cross-promotion with their other projects, user data for future marketing, etc. (They'll also have the bandwidth and maintenance costs.) For a game like NWN2 where the development of an online community of users is an important part of it's long-term success, it makes sense to plan this sort of stuff out well in advance of release.

Edited by Enoch

Hurlshot:

"I gotta say, I love Qara, and I find her incredibly useful."

Agreed. There are few things more useful than a psychotic pyromaniac spell-flinger. She and another companion remind me of Planescape: Torment.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

This may be a bit off-topic, but I find this post on Bioboards incredibly hilarious.

Posted 11/14/06 11:15 (GMT) by Kuseikos

Some people are so fanatic about their new little toy that can't accept any form of criticism about it. And Obsidian guys lurking in the shadows behind this game grin with pleasure each time our perfectly reasonable criticism is met with subjective hostility from their enthusiasts.

So low has the game industry fallen...

I find the 177 page manual to be very informative compared to most game's manuals that are released in recent years.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Unless you happen to live in Europe and get a 40 page booklet posing as a manual.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hurlshot:

"I gotta say, I love Qara, and I find her incredibly useful." 

Agreed. There are few things more useful than a psychotic pyromaniac spell-flinger. She and another companion remind me of Planescape: Torment.

I like her spellcasting ability and that is all. I don't like her attitude and it shows with the negative influence I have gained with her.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I finally got my NWN2 Collectors Edition! :))

the swede lawful good edition contains:

• A map which is very obviously made of.. paper? Where's my cloth map?:aiee:
  • One very ugly figurine of a warrior with purpleish skin. The sculpt is good but the paint is bad
  • A huge ring with the neverwinter eye and text "lawful good" in blue in ye olde fonts
  • NWN2 on DVD
  • NWN + SoE + HotU on one DVD
  • CD with a flash presentation of artwork, trailers, feargie interview from ign. All unfortunantly show in a window thats about 300x200 so you cant see diddley squat
  • Artpad with about 20 pages printed on rough paper which makes it hard to see details
  • DDO trial key

Neat, but C.E's felt more worth it back in the 90's

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have 22 in Craft Weapon with the crafting gloves, and the game won't let me create adamantine kukris and dwarven waraxes. What's up with that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: