NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Unless you happen to live in Europe and get a 40 page booklet posing as a manual.

Damn! I wonder if there is any way to get a full manual for us europeans... How about the LG or CE editions (or whatever they are called)?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I have 22 in Craft Weapon with the crafting gloves, and the game won't let me create adamantine kukris and dwarven waraxes. What's up with that?

You need 23. 8 for exotic weapon and 15 for adamantine.

As for the manual, I like the PDF version that could be downloaded pre-release. It's also available in the documentations folder in your install directory. Not the same as a printed manual, but at least it's there (and for me personally it'sa good thing since I hate printed manuals)

Both the kukri and the dwarven waraxe are martial weapons, not exotic.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Both the kukri and the dwarven waraxe are martial weapons, not exotic.

Maybe the kukri isn't, but I'm pretty sure the dwarven waraxe is.

Edit: The feat description in the game say that exotic weapons are bastard sword, katana, dwarven waraxe, kama and shuriken. Khelgar can use the waraxe without the feat because he's a dwarf and they get that specific weapon for free.

Edited by Spider

You're right, sorry. The kukri however is martial.

Heja Sverige!!

And I still can't make an adamantine kukri.

Heja Sverige!!

You think that's bad? I gathered the materials for a Boots of Striding +6 and it wouldn't work. And I had to spend about 4 hours looking at EVERY SHOP IN ACT 3 for a cat's grace scroll.

Can you make a different weapon out of adamantine?

I only tried the D. waraxe, apart from the kukri. I'm going to wait till I get another level, before trying again.

Heja Sverige!!

I'd suggest saving and trying to construct a long sword or something, just to isolate it to the kukri.

Oh, where did you find the crafting gloves? I haven't found them yet, but I remember finding them somewhere in my first playthrough.

Edited by alanschu

Sand sells them. Or at least, the elemental does.

Anyway, I'm thinking that the kukri is treated by the game as an exotic weapon for crafting purposes, and as such, I should only need 2000 more exp. to get Craft Weapon up to 23, the required level for adamantine exotic weapons.

Heja Sverige!!

There are also greater crafting gloves available in Port Llast. From the woman who wants you to take care of the dead.

Edit: The cost about 15.000 if you have merchant's friend, +2 charisma and no points in appraise.

Edited by metadigital

It's odd. Now that I think about it, I seem to remember Sand was greyed out sometimes... but the thing is, I used Sand for a fair while after the trial (he never left my party), then switched to Qara, then back and forth a few times. He always seemed to be available when I wanted him, but I do remember him being unavailable a couple of times. Really odd.

Anybody else had roshan's problem?

I finally got my NWN2 Collectors Edition! :))

the swede lawful good edition contains:

• A map which is very obviously made of.. paper? Where's my cloth map?:huh:

• One very ugly figurine of a warrior with purpleish skin. The sculpt is good but the paint is bad

• A huge ring with the neverwinter eye and text "lawful good" in blue in ye olde fonts

• NWN2 on DVD

• NWN + SoE + HotU on one DVD

• CD with a flash presentation of artwork, trailers, feargie interview from ign. All unfortunantly show in a window thats about 300x200 so you cant see diddley squat

• Artpad with about 20 pages printed on rough paper which makes it hard to see details

• DDO trial key

Neat, but C.E's felt more worth it back in the 90's

Yeah, that's what mine contained (probably the same stock, no?). The wee figurine is an Eldrich Giant! :))

I wasn't impressed by the paper map: a cloth map is infinitely cooler, and also impossible to photocopy! :o

I'd prefer a better manual too: not sure how the Collector's Editions got shafted. :)

:(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Dark Raven:

" I like her spellcasting ability and that is all. I don't like her attitude and it shows with the negative influence I have gained with her."

I have no idea how you get negative influence with her. The only way I've gotten influence is through bashing myself against an electrical door. What attitude are you talking about? I went on one quest with her and she pledged her life to me.

Pidesco:

" I have 22 in Craft Weapon with the crafting gloves, and the game won't let me create adamantine kukris and dwarven waraxes. What's up with that?"

I was able to make an adamantine kukris when Khelgar had only 18 in craft weapons. Maybe the character making the item has to have proficiency in it? You're using two ingots, right? And only trying to make one weapon at a time?

Tigranes:

" You think that's bad? I gathered the materials for a Boots of Striding +6 and it wouldn't work. And I had to spend about 4 hours looking at EVERY SHOP IN ACT 3 for a cat's grace scroll."

Scrolls don't work. The crafting master told you that at the beginning of the game. Just have one of your magic users cast Cat's Grace on the recipe. They don't need to have crafting skills.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It's odd. Now that I think about it, I seem to remember Sand was greyed out sometimes... but the thing is, I used Sand for a fair while after the trial (he never left my party), then switched to Qara, then back and forth a few times. He always seemed to be available when I wanted him, but I do remember him being unavailable a couple of times. Really odd.

Anybody else had roshan's problem?

It seems that this is a bug. All is not lost though, some have had Sand reappear after rebuilding the library at the keep. I do hope I get him back after this or I will be screwed and will have to redo a lot of stuff.

I cant believe that any company could release a game in this state. These boards need a better angry smiley because the one theyve got comes nowhere close to showing how angry I am.

Dark_Raven:

"How many people have tried the item crafting yet? I thought about it but it looks time consuming to get the needed materials. Maybe in the next game."

I found it quite easy.

I used Neeshka as my alchemist and whenever I found an item that could be broken down, I tossed it to her and she distilled it. Then I just let the essences pile up in her inventory until I stumbled upon a recipe I was interested in.

Khelgar crafted my weapons while I handled armor.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

BTW, has anyone been able to

open the warded door in the fort before leaving it after the battle with Black Garius? Or is it impossible?

I went back to the fort and was quite disappointed to find it open... and treasureless. All there was in there was that Guyven dude.

Edited by metadigital