NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Qara is pretty useful with her devastating spells, but she needs an attitude adjustment.

I don't think I've even used her. :)

Khelgar, Neesha and Eleena (sp? >_< ) ftw! :)

On the gaming front, I'm finally up to

Crossroad Keep

I'm really surprised that

Torio became one of my retainers

:ph34r:

My party of choice was Khelgar, Neeshka, Sand, and Grobnar once you can have 4 companions. Khelgar Neeshka, and Sand when you can only have 3.

Everyone says Qara is powerful... but Sand is a way better character.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Everyone says Qara is powerful... but Sand is a way better character.

Agreed.

My party was Khelgar, Casavir and Neeshka when I had 3 party members, Khelgar, Casavir, Neeshka and Sand when I had 4. I never used Grobnar or Bishop beyond what they were absolutely needed for (in Grobnar's case, nothing)

I used Khelgar, Neeshka, Qara/Sand, Elanee/

Githgirl

; the last one mainly because I knew she'd have the most lines to say at the end. It seemed like characters like Neeshka hardly got any lines at all in late game, I wish the spread was a bit more even. Next time I'm going to use Bishop extensively, I like him and his VO is fairly good.

So far I have Khelgar, Neeshka, and Elanee. They will probably be the three I will mostly stick with in this game. You have a fighter, rogue, healer/offensive spell caster and my character a fighter/mage.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Eh? From what i remember, Duskwood doesn't have any rock covered caves.. unless I missed something...

It has two cave entrances and I can enter/exit them fine..

There is a rock covered cave in Duskwood. The one that leads down into the

glowstone cave into the area with the spiders

is covered with rocks sometimes. I know that it was when I went into Duskwood, before I hit Ember. :devil:

Eh? From what i remember, Duskwood doesn't have any rock covered caves.. unless I missed something...

is covered with rocks sometimes. I know that it was when I went into Duskwood, before I hit Ember. :devil:

just as a sidenote : 'ember' means 'human' in hungarian

IB1OsQq.png

Going to Duskwood first has its benefits.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The funny thing is that if you lose the trial, Sand will invoke right of appeal by combat, and Torio will be scandalised; but if you win, Torio herself will invoke it.

I thought it wasn't necessary and the player should have been spared the arena battle if they won - after all it's all about consequences. Even casual players aren't going to cry and whine because they didn't get to have one teeny wheeny battle. At least it could have happened under different circumstances.

Lorne was also disappointing because his harborman background was never utilised and after all those cutscenes to build up his identity he was wasted without any fulfilment.

Edited by metadigital

I hated that stupid buggy battle with

Lorne

. I cant believe any self respecting company would release games with garbage like this.

BTW I finished the battle and

cant get Sand in my party. This is worrying as he is carrying all my essences. I didnt see if he was around in the flagon but his name was grayed out when I was leaving, and I didnt find him in his shop. How do I get him back?

Its also dissappointing that I didnt get to get hold of Lornes armor, and cant use his falchion either.

Edited by metadigital

I didn't realize

Lorne was a harborman until after I fought him and talked to his momma. It did feel pretty underutilized. I mean, you never got to even talk to him about it.

In a perfect RPG world, a character with a high charisma and diplomacy skill would be able to use his background as leverage for getting him not to fight you, maybe even to turn him against Luskan and fight beside you in the whole redemption deal that Bioware seems to love so much.

But I guess Luskan was more of a red herring than an actual threat, and Lorne was always a big tank enemy meant to be thrown under your proverbial bus.

But with his backstory, you get the feeling that it shouldn't have been the case.

Edited by metadigital

Yeah, I didn't even realize he was a harbourman either. I was going around trying to find out how I could find out what happened to him so I can tell his mother and bam, suddenly the quest is fulfilled and I was like "WTF? When did I find out about him?"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can find out about Lorne if you talk to Mother Starling BEFORE you ever leave West Harbor. I did that so I was always waiting for a chance to talk to Lorne about it. It stinks of cut-out 'subplot', IMO, especially the relationhsip between Lorne and Torio.

Roshan, what exactly was wrong with Lorne battle, when you say buggy? I used Khelgar since I knew my mage would be horrible, and it was difficult but not impossible, and I didn't see any bugs.

You can find out about Lorne if you talk to Mother Starling BEFORE you ever leave West Harbor. I did that so I was always waiting for a chance to talk to Lorne about it. It stinks of cut-out 'subplot', IMO, especially the relationhsip between Lorne and Torio.

Roshan, what exactly was wrong with Lorne battle, when you say buggy? I used Khelgar since I knew my mage would be horrible, and it was difficult but not impossible, and I didn't see any bugs.

yes, I want that plot repaired <_<

IB1OsQq.png

I bet he's upset that frienzied berserkers can't die while enraged. thats' not buggy; but a class feature. A horrible and overpowered one at that, imo.

There is so many ways one can abuse that power.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I talked to Mother Starling before, as well, but I hadn't memorized the name, and the fact that Lorne is a harborman I don't believe is ever mentioned in the cutscenes where 95% of his dialogue is spoken, so I just assumed that the person in question was someone else.

Given the story that the West Harbor town leader gives you, I would have expected Marshal Cormick to have played some role in the Lorne plotline, but they apparently didn't mean for the Lorne plot to be all that developed :ermm: despite his backstory, he was just another monster to fight and kill.

Edited by Pop

"Something tells me that if we put it down to 2 a round (of subdual damage at that) and instituted the FB's chance of annihilating teammates, people wouldn't be so enthusiastic about having things the way they "should be"."

I'd be all for it. heck, I have to deal with Khelgar attacking me when he's charmed while I'm not allowed to cast hold person on him I can deal with lunatic berserkers. :)) I mean, the clss is even called frenzied Berserker. :ermm:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

they are damaged 12 and not 2 per round as it should be

Something tells me that if we put it down to 2 a round (of subdual damage at that) and instituted the FB's chance of annihilating teammates, people wouldn't be so enthusiastic about having things the way they "should be".

right now noone uses that prestige Class becouse of this backstab

I do suggest to make it as it should be, atleast then noone could say its Obsidians fault that it is at it is. All the people could then play as they want, and a raging barbarian in the mddle of your party can be a fun bonus, I loved in BG2 Minsc who sometimes chased my char around ^_^

Give us frenzy as it was intended, and all the causalties are already expected. :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png