NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

there's also general D&D fanbois that simply buy anything crpg with D&D rules. i'd bet those represent a much larger chunk of the fanboi population than any developer fanboi. purely speculation, of course.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

btw, how many active posters are there on obsidian and bio's boards? a few hundred at best. they (we) represent much less than 1% of the sales of this game. most people simply don't go to the developer message boards. they buy the prima guide, or go to gamebanshee/gamefaqs, for answers and don't worry about the commentary from others.

taks

Funny. Even the times (yes multiple times due to another bug, the Kheldar is a badger one) I did kill him I had a cutscene with him where you could chose to kill him or show mercy. Probably because it was my main character doing the fighting, so it was more up close and personal.

It would be interesting to see how a mage would do in that battle. I should have let Qara do is since she offered.

My mage has gone near and personal with his longsword using true strike trough him,

and his weapon had no chance against the armor I used.

IB1OsQq.png

It kinda bugged for me the first time. I think. The frenzy kept him from dying but at the end of the battle the mouse pointer changed from attack to talk when hovered above him. Then he proceeded to kill me.

At least that is my recollection of events, but the dialogue thing only flashed for a second (or less) so my eyes could have been playing tricks on me.

Second time around I just danced around him for a bit until the frenzy worse off, then proceeded to pummel him with a few well placed sneak attacks.

I had the same bug.

I disagree. Lots of the people on these forums have been around for years, they are hardcore Obsidian fanboys... They havent played a half decent rpg in years and will hungrily gobble whatever garbage is thrown at them. Most of those defending NWN2 seem to be in this category. Of course I dont post in the BIO boards so I dont know what the situation is like over there.

Either Obsidian was just plain lucky to have these hordes of rpg hungry masses around or they were smart enough to realize and take advantage of it. (slam dunk)

Yes, that's right, you are the only sane person and all your complaints are perfectly rational and inexcusable: everyone who dares to have a differing opinion is a blind fanboy. :)

Most of the regulars on these boards are fanboys. Thats a fact.

Yes, that's right, you are the only sane person and all your complaints are perfectly rational and inexcusable: everyone who dares to have a differing opinion is a blind fanboy. :)

Fact? According to whom?

Care to list the names? There are not so many regulars on these boards.

Fact? According to whom?

Care to list the names? There are not so many regulars on these boards.

Why would I want to start labelling specific people? Its all common sense anyway. If they werent fanboys then they wouldnt be spending so much time on these boards.

I want to see that list.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I like the most of the people here, also I played most of the Bioware and Obsidian games, but I do say the NWN2 is too buggy, and I better don't list all the things what I don't like, it would be too long.

My two cents are that I better try to help to make the game better than to cry about it...yes, i had also some posts about my disappointment, but now i try to make the best of it, and point out the lots of bugs for the devs so they can repair the game.

IB1OsQq.png

Its all common sense anyway.

No.

If they werent fanboys then they wouldnt be spending so much time on these boards.

I frequent these forums, but I am yet to play a single Obsidian's game.

Thats really wierd.

Have you by any chance played any BIS or BIO game?

Edited by roshan

I like the most of the people here, also I played most of the Bioware and Obsidian games, but I do say the NWN2 is too buggy, and I better don't list all the things what I don't like, it would be too long.

My two cents are that I better try to help to make the game better than to cry about it...yes, i had also some posts about my disappointment, but now i try to make the best of it, and point out the lots of bugs for the devs so they can repair the game.

At first I posted here that I find the game enjoyable but now its just too much for me and I think that the game is outrageously bad.

I just cant think of any excuse anymore for why the game has all the problems that it does. Thus I have concluded that it simply is a bad game.

A patch isnt going to fix all these problems. It needs at the very least a couple of expansion packs before the game can be considered playable.

Edited by roshan

Can someone please tell if there are any implications in the game if one decides to take the Shadow Thief and/or the NwnNine prestige classes? Will NPCs react to this or is this a feature just for the players (eye candy)?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

It's because we the posters are awesome. I thought it was obvious. :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

^

Reading these forums indeed is funny :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How is the game "so bad?"

I know I'm one of the luckier gamers out there, as I rarely seem to suffer from many of the problems that people get at new releases, outside of the poor party AI and some AI quirks, I was able to play through the OC unpatched with no major issues. I had one crash that happened when loading a saved game, but that's it.

How do I get into the second floor of the collectors mansion?

you find a way in, just like the rest of us did.

And how do I get Sand back in my party after the trial?

you find where he went and then when leaving that area, you have an option to change your party (might have to talk to sand).

taks

"BioWare LEGALLY has the community for this game so ANY protest on Atari is pointless as the right people are not looking."

WOW! from NWN2 news, and stated by an Atari dude. WOW!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.