NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

My drow character will have to keep an eye on him. Being a drow I should anticipate treachery in characters in my group.  :thumbsup:

Not really. ****, Khelgar's a dwarf and he doesn't hold any qualms about doing anything with you. Hell, he insists on travelling with you.

That's one thing I'm kind of disappointed with in NWN2. Nobody has any prejudice :( Your basic character interaction differs in only superficial ways from race to race.

Example NPC interaction:

Human - You're that adventurer who's going around completing quests? I could use your help!

Drow - A Drow? You people are evil, murdering fiends! Don't try anything around me!

You're that adventurer who's going around completing quests? I could use your help!

Tiefling - A demon! Just stay away from me, your kind are nothing but trouble!

You're that adventurer who's going around completing quests? I could use your help!

Not a whole lot of difference. Hell, I never really liked games like Arcanum that much, but at least if you were of monstrous heritage in those games you could expect to be treated differently on some fundamental level. One gets the sense that you could walk around in NWN2 covered in goat entrails and severed ears and people would still give you a fair shake.

Their characters and influence system could use some work. Khelgar is NG or is it CG? Well he's good and he should complain if you do evil deeds like I did with the Caretaker. I chose the dialogue option to kill him to take his veil and Khelgar said/did nothing. I should have lost influence with him at least, didn't happen. The only thing he complains so far is if Neeshka steals something. What's a far worse crime, stealing or murder? :thumbsup:

Another thing is that paladin in your group. Why on earth would he want to join a group lead by a drow, much less let her live? He should have attacked my character on sight since it is known/stereotyped that all drow are evil murdering killers.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Dark Raven:

"He should have attacked my character on sight since it is known/stereotyped that all drow are evil murdering killers."

Paladins don't attack people on sight. They cast Detect Evil on sight and then kill if their paladin sense tingles. As there's no Detect Evil for paladins in this game, he has to join your group and wait for you to do something evil before he can throw blastglobes at you.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Neeshka has my blastglobes, and I have the most influence with her, anyway. :whistle:

Elanee and Qara piss me off because the former's too shallowly goodie goodie and Qara is just plain immature. She might have license to act as she does if she was actually poewrful. Khelgar, Neeshka, Bishop and Sand are all pretty cool.

I don't carry Casavir because his voice is annoying. conversely, Grobnar's daily mission is to "Guard the Sunken Flagon".

Neeshka is also the person who has the most trust in me, and I in her...

But, ya, keeping Elanee happy until I could drop her and only have Nee made my pure evil char into a neutral one... <_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Big Bottom:

"He'd better not start blastglobing me."

As long as you don't give them to Qara, you'll be fine.

Elanee: This is the sacred grove of the mother tree. Please be respectful of the land as we journey within it.

PC: Yo. Will do.

[ten minutes later]

Neeshka: Hey, Qara. That squirrel looks like it's staring at you.

Qara: That grey squirrel in the tree? You're right. It is staring at me. WHY ARE YOU WATCHING ME?

PC: Is everything all right?

Qara: That squirrel is looking at me. It's talking about me behind my back... STOP STARING YOU STUPID RODENT!

PC: I think you're overreacting just a-

Qara: THAT DOES IT! I WARNED YOU! *lobs blastglobes wildly* Why did they dump the pig's blood on me? Why?!

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Not sure which thread we had the discussion about vsync in, but this one will do. I discovered that apparently the lack of vsync isn't what caused the stuttering on my system. That was caused by my alt-tabbing out of the game and back in. Running without vsync again for double the FPS. :()

Neeshka has my blastglobes, and I have the most influence with her, anyway. :whistle:

Elanee and Qara piss me off because the former's too shallowly goodie goodie and Qara is just plain immature. She might have license to act as she does if she was actually poewrful. Khelgar, Neeshka, Bishop and Sand are all pretty cool.

I don't carry Casavir because his voice is annoying. conversely, Grobnar's daily mission is to "Guard the Sunken Flagon".

I love Grobnar. Sand is my favorite, then its a tossup between Neeshka and Grobnar. Elanee and Qara are at the bottom of my list of characters I use along with

Ammon Jerro

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Unfortunately, I seem to already be in act 2

just won the trial and need to fight Lorne; heh, nobody ever told ME i was already in act 2.

and none of the companion related subplots have really climaxed. The ones I really want are Khelgar

Not enough influence, and apparently getting Ironfist gauntlets wasn't enough to fulfill Maimed Trial?

and Neeshka

Need to steal from the Collector on Leldon subplot, but her dialogue options are limited

. It just seems like it's hard to get a lot of influence from characters unless you go out of your way to cater to their specific mode of thinking. At least in K2 there were plenty of one-on-one talks where you could get something going.

The characters chip in during conversations but they dont banter amongst themselves. They hardly start conversations with the PC except during important points. The party is quite lifeless.

BTW, where do I find that girl after she runs away from her farm?

I don't know. It's a good deal more lively than most other parties I've seen lately, so it's good enough for me so far.

And do you mean

Shandra from her farm during Highcliff lizardfolk investigation? She doesn't have anything useful for you after she runsa way.

I gotta say, I love Qara, and I find her incredibly useful. My whole pary is built around protecting her so she can blow stuff up. Her character hasn't developed much, as I'm still in Chapter 1, but she's not outright annoying. The druid was worse for me, always shapeshifting and making it hard to divvy the loot.

Really? I'm in

Arvahn

and I haven't seen any fancy screens. :/

Qara is useful but I'm using Sand right now for some reason. Probably switch around soon.

She just needs a good kick up the arse to show her she's not the only one with super innate talent.

Perhaps she'll get that in my game when she goes up against the

animus elemental.

I've seen the cutscene but haven't met it yet.

Hey Devs, since Obsidian owns all the Icewind Dale stuff, any chance of adapting the Bard voice set from IWD2 for NWN2 and including it in a future patch? I hated all the voice sets for the original NWN, and the 3 or 4 new ones for NWN2 weren't all that special either.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Qara is pretty useful with her devastating spells, but she needs an attitude adjustment.

I don't think I've even used her. :)

Khelgar, Neesha and Eleena (sp? >_< ) ftw! :)

On the gaming front, I'm finally up to

Crossroad Keep

I'm really surprised that

Torio became one of my retainers

:ph34r:

By the way, is anyone else suffering from a possible memory leak in NWN2?

After playing some time, I seem to suffer frame rate slow downs in the game. The slow down can be temporarily rectified if you Alt-Tab back to windows and jumping back into the game. Another way would be quicksaving the game but these solutions are merely temporary.

I'm curious if anyone else is suffering the same problem as I am?