NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

There was a bug while fighting him. All of a sudden he had a blue circle around him, but he was still attacking me. I could attack him but he was unkillable. I dont know if this was because he was still in a frenzy or because he wasnt marked as hostile.

Then there was the usual glitch where the characters would magically slide around instead of playing running animations.

Another problem was that when I reloaded, before the game would actually show up, Lorne was already beside my character and got in 3 hits.

The last 2 are not about the fight in particular, its just horrible game design on Obsidians part and the resulting poor quality of the game.

At the same time I had crashes at startup after exiting the game until I would restart the computer, then all the graphical settings would be at their default values and I would have to change all of them back again. I think it was because of running the game in widescreen mode.

BTW when can I get Sand back?

they are damaged 12 and not 2 per round as it should be

Something tells me that if we put it down to 2 a round (of subdual damage at that) and instituted the FB's chance of annihilating teammates, people wouldn't be so enthusiastic about having things the way they "should be".

right now noone uses that prestige Class becouse of this backstab

I do suggest to make it as it should be, atleast then noone could say its Obsidians fault that it is at it is. All the people could then play as they want, and a raging barbarian in the mddle of your party can be a fun bonus, I loved in BG2 Minsc who sometimes chased my char around ^_^

Give us frenzy as it was intended, and all the causalties are already expected. :ermm:

2 subdual damage per round is not a drawback. I can easily live with the 12 damage per round although I think a slightly lower number would be better. 6-8 would be optimal I think. You have to remember that when playing PnP you roll for HP whenever you level up. In NWN2 you simply get maximum HP so I think an increase in the damage you take during the frenzy is completely justifiable.

The frenzy lasts what? A few rounds? Say we go with 5 rounds here. Using the standard rules you would then take 10 subdual damage and possibly attack your own group. Instead here we take 60 lethal damage yet is completely immune (that I know of) to death for those 5 rounds. Fair trade off I think. You take 60 damage as opposed to have the very real possibility of your character killing off another of your party.

And I can pretty much guarentee that there would be a whole slew of "OMG! WTF is wrong with this **** game?! My character just chunked my mages during this fight!" threads by people that would be a hell of a lot angrier than those who are disappointed by Obsidian's altered Frenzy.

they are damaged 12 and not 2 per round as it should be

Something tells me that if we put it down to 2 a round (of subdual damage at that) and instituted the FB's chance of annihilating teammates, people wouldn't be so enthusiastic about having things the way they "should be".

right now noone uses that prestige Class becouse of this backstab

I do suggest to make it as it should be, atleast then noone could say its Obsidians fault that it is at it is. All the people could then play as they want, and a raging barbarian in the mddle of your party can be a fun bonus, I loved in BG2 Minsc who sometimes chased my char around ^_^

Give us frenzy as it was intended, and all the causalties are already expected. :ermm:

2 subdual damage per round is not a drawback. I can easily live with the 12 damage per round although I think a slightly lower number would be better. 6-8 would be optimal I think. You have to remember that when playing PnP you roll for HP whenever you level up. In NWN2 you simply get maximum HP so I think an increase in the damage you take during the frenzy is completely justifiable.

The frenzy lasts what? A few rounds? Say we go with 5 rounds here. Using the standard rules you would then take 10 subdual damage and possibly attack your own group. Instead here we take 60 lethal damage yet is completely immune (that I know of) to death for those 5 rounds. Fair trade off I think. You take 60 damage as opposed to have the very real possibility of your character killing off another of your party.

And I can pretty much guarentee that there would be a whole slew of "OMG! WTF is wrong with this **** game?! My character just chunked my mages during this fight!" threads by people that would be a hell of a lot angrier than those who are disappointed by Obsidian's altered Frenzy.

2 per round is after the rules, I want that. Also I want party members attacking eachother, it was already included into games like BG, I want that too.

Maybe not many players care about this, but a hardcore RPG-er (as me) do it, and those people are normally who will buy expansions, create modules, and play on PW-s.

IB1OsQq.png

Considering that NWN2 is a D&D game, and its focus audience is D&D nerds, and sicne D&D nerds are likely the most vocal of fans when it comes to D&D games espicially on message baords; I doubt we'd be reading lots of complaints about it since the masses (those who buy the game for whatever reason) likely won't post at all.

Besdies, it's really no different than having a party member charmed and attacking the rest of the party is it? Not hearing much complaints about that... though, I'd like nto cats offensive spells on party memebers like hold though. Hoepfully, Obsidian adds that feature!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Considering that NWN2 is a D&D game, and its focus audience is D&D nerds, and sicne D&D nerds are likely the most vocal of fans when it comes to D&D games espicially on message baords; I doubt we'd be reading lots of complaints about it since the masses (those who buy the game for whatever reason) likely won't post at all.

Besdies, it's really no different than having a party member charmed and attacking the rest of the party is it? Not hearing much complaints about that... though, I'd like nto cats offensive spells on party memebers like hold though. Hoepfully, Obsidian adds that feature!!!

I wanna have my crazy barbarian warrior berzerker! :ermm:

:)

...noone chases me around :'(

IB1OsQq.png

I disagree. Lots of the people on these forums have been around for years, they are hardcore Obsidian fanboys... They havent played a half decent rpg in years and will hungrily gobble whatever garbage is thrown at them. Most of those defending NWN2 seem to be in this category. Of course I dont post in the BIO boards so I dont know what the situation is like over there.

Either Obsidian was just plain lucky to have these hordes of rpg hungry masses around or they were smart enough to realize and take advantage of it. (slam dunk)

Really? Obsidian has 'masses' of fnaboys? I disagree. If that were true, their versions of the IE games would ahve sold as much as the Bg games; but even PST - which people oogle over - didn't. even the FO series didn't.

There's a reason why BIS (and Interplay) died... it's not because they had 'masses' of fanboys. LOL

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I disagree. Lots of the people on these forums have been around for years, they are hardcore Obsidian fanboys... They havent played a half decent rpg in years and will hungrily gobble whatever garbage is thrown at them. Most of those defending NWN2 seem to be in this category. Of course I dont post in the BIO boards so I dont know what the situation is like over there.

Either Obsidian was just plain lucky to have these hordes of rpg hungry masses around or they were smart enough to realize and take advantage of it. (slam dunk)

both?

IB1OsQq.png

Really? Obsidian has 'masses' of fnaboys? I disagree. If that were true, their versions of the IE games would ahve sold as much as the Bg games; but even PST - which people oogle over - didn't. even the FO series didn't.

There's a reason why BIS (and Interplay) died... it's not because they had 'masses' of fanboys. LOL

Most of the people here I would say fall into the "starved for a decent RPG" catagory, however we hardly make up a large part of those that bought NWN2. :ermm:

Black Isle and Bioware had a lot of fanboys willing to rush and buy NWN2 right away. Nowhere near the same number of fans that Blizzard or Bethesda have, but still a significant number.

I dont think that it is a coincidence that many of the NWN2 lovers have been on these boards a long time.

It kinda bugged for me the first time. I think. The frenzy kept him from dying but at the end of the battle the mouse pointer changed from attack to talk when hovered above him. Then he proceeded to kill me.

At least that is my recollection of events, but the dialogue thing only flashed for a second (or less) so my eyes could have been playing tricks on me.

Second time around I just danced around him for a bit until the frenzy worse off, then proceeded to pummel him with a few well placed sneak attacks.

Funny. Even the times (yes multiple times due to another bug, the Kheldar is a badger one) I did kill him I had a cutscene with him where you could chose to kill him or show mercy. Probably because it was my main character doing the fighting, so it was more up close and personal.

It would be interesting to see how a mage would do in that battle. I should have let Qara do is since she offered.

Yes, that's right, you are the only sane person and all your complaints are perfectly rational and inexcusable: everyone who dares to have a differing opinion is a blind fanboy. :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Black Isle and Bioware had a lot of fanboys willing to rush and buy NWN2 right away. Nowhere near the same number of fans that Blizzard or Bethesda have, but still a significant number.

I dont think that it is a coincidence that many of the NWN2 lovers have been on these boards a long time.

Volourn is right. Black Isle may have fanboys, but I doubt it's truly that significant of a number. Otherwise they would have had a few more games that were significant financial successes. Did they have any? It took PST years to become a financial success.

The Bioware fanboys are more numerous, but for every person that goes out and buys it just because it's NWN2, you're going to get fanboys that refuse to buy it because it's not a Bioware game.