NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Its not complicated at all, Ive already made some +2 fullplates and various weapons for a fraction of the purchase price :) Still, I dont think the "craft wondrous items" feat is that useful, its better to just get "craft magic weapons and armour"

Yeah, that's what mine contained (probably the same stock, no?). The wee figurine is an Eldrich Giant! :))

I wasn't impressed by the paper map: a cloth map is infinitely cooler, and also impossible to photocopy! :deadhorse:

I'd prefer a better manual too: not sure how the Collector's Editions got shafted.  :aiee:

:(

I cant tell if this feeling of "it was better in the good old days" is true or if I would have thought that figurine was kickass when I was 13-14.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Scrolls don't work. The crafting master told you that at the beginning of the game. Just have one of your magic users cast Cat's Grace on the recipe. They don't need to have crafting skills.

No, I needed the scrol so that my main mage, who has my crafting feats & skills, could LEARN Cat's Grace then cast it. Which I did, and it still didnt work.

The really crappy thing is that you can't have 1 person do all the crafting, since some require divine spells and some require arcane spells.

Edited by Tigranes

It amys cuk; but there's logical reason behind it. Why would a mage be able to add divine damage to a weapon or why would a cleric be able to make an items that copies x wizard spell?

I like the system. :joy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The magic bench or the crafting bench? Make sujre its on the magic bench... :)

You mean the magician's bench instead of the blacksmith's bench? It is on the magicians bench. It says something along the lines of "Cannot craft item. Base item not found!" It doesn't say anything when attempted on the other benches... <_<

I recall it happened to me though. Like not being able to use plank of wood & bow mold to create a bow on the blacksmith bench (base item not found). I do think that because of so many variables involved there are some instances where they will fail for no reason. It's no big deal though.

Tigranes:

"No, I needed the scrol so that my main mage, who has my crafting feats & skills, could LEARN Cat's Grace then cast it. Which I did, and it still didnt work."

I'm sorry. :) I misunderstood.

Does this mage have the Craft Weapons and Armor feat? Do you have exactly the right essences and items?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

No problem. I don't know why I sounded so beachy there. :p

Yes. I double, triple checked. I made my own mage the "Craft Character", eventually, so had all the crafting feats except wand, at least 10 in every skill (not that that matters), memorised spell, right kind of essence, yada, yada. Also, I crafted lots of different items successfully.

One thing I discovered was, though, how heavy essences are. When I switched Elanee to Zhjaeve for a while, I made Zhjaeve the new "Crafting Item Mule"; she got overburdened by carrying 50 essences ors o. I had to sell some of them. :)

I now have my first awesome weapon. +5 Flaming/Greater Vampiric Cold Iron Shortsword, or as I like to call it, Kossuth's Beard. :) I still need to craft it's twin. I was about to buy another blue diamond to help enchant it, but the game crashed on me. AVG pulled me out of the game to tell me that "Charactersheets.xml" was a virus... <_<

I now have my first awesome weapon. +5 Flaming/Greater Vampiric Cold Iron Shortsword, or as I like to call it, Kossuth's Beard. :) I still need to craft it's twin. I was about to buy another blue diamond to help enchant it, but the game crashed on me. AVG pulled me out of the game to tell me that "Charactersheets.xml" was a virus... <_<

Can you name the weapons you create? I never used the crafting system. It baffled me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can name it. Don't be as anal as I was and try to move the curser however as you'll promptly lose that ability.

Tigranes,

You were fine. My un-smiley face was an expression of my sorrow at your predicament. Given the time an energy you placed into crafting this item, it's unfortunate that a bug has impeded its creation.

By the way, I was contemplating compiling a list of the recipes available in the game. Would anyone be interested in this information or would it be redundant?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You can name it. Don't be as anal as I was and try to move the curser however as you'll promptly lose that ability.

Tigranes,

You were fine. My un-smiley face was an expression of my sorrow at your predicament. Given the time an energy you placed into crafting this item, it's unfortunate that a bug has impeded its creation.

By the way, I was contemplating compiling a list of the recipes available in the game. Would anyone be interested in this information or would it be redundant?

Theres already a list over at the bioboards. Posted by a dev, so likely the complete list.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Really, by a dev? Well that takes the fun out of things, I won't be looking at that. :)

I only found about 12-13 books, but I wasn't too hung up about crafting. I dont tend to like juggling 60 different ingredients in my inventory, even in NWN2 all my characters had a virtually empty inventory apart from the CraftMule.

How many people have tried the item crafting yet? I thought about it but it looks time consuming to get the needed materials. Maybe in the next game.

Item creation is fun. :)

I made myself a +5 Cold Iron Warhammer with Holy (+2d6 vs evil) and Disruption (Save or die evil undead!) enchantments. :p

Plus a belt of giant strength +6

And Khelgar had a +3 flaming dwarven axe :)

Overall I wouldn't say it's time consuming, unless you either sell off gems and books... and have to get them back.

But other than weapons and armor... it's not really worth it unless you have to have one of the items that can be made since you have no control over the recipie... but weapons and armor are really customizable and well worth it. :)

And unless I encountered a bug, it would seem there are recipies that are NOT in the books....

...for instance I made a shield with an additional -10% spell failure rate.

And unless I encountered a bug, it would seem there are recipies that are NOT in the books....

Yeah that one is kinda bugged apparently. The armour/shield of spell resistance recipies give you items with less spell fail rate. I wanted that SR 22 armour. <_<

I just pick up every crafting item I find, and have a mule character store it all. Every time I find a crafting book I'll take a quick glance to see if anything could be useful to me; later on, chances are I'll remember that there is a recipe for a item I might want. Then I just write a little list of the recipes that are nearly complete in a note pad or something, and look out for that last item.

Many items need similar ingredients anyway (especially in terms of gems), so no biggie. I felt it was a good balance in difficulty, though I only crafted 3 or 4 items in my first game. I'm just not a crafting person that much, but I can appreciate it.

Yeah that one is kinda bugged apparently. The armour/shield of spell resistance recipies give you items with less spell fail rate. I wanted that SR 22 armour. <_<

Hmm... seems I'm going to be happy about this bug, as it really helps me out. :ph34r: