Games you'd like to see a remake of.

Oerwinde

So what games would you all like to see remakes of? Personally, I'd love to see a remake of Base Wars.

200px-Base_Wars_cover.jpg

Baseball is boring, so add upgradeable robots and combat and that is a winning combination.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Outwars - with coop support.

outwars.gif

The game was easy enough to tweak so you could play the solo missions with friends, and it was a blast. The concept could produce an awesome game with today's tech.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Fallouts should never be remade. They are perfection.

Baldur's Gate 1 remade using an up to date version of the IE engine like BG2.

PoR2 and TOEE. Those games held an interest to me, they showed promise but failed to perform, especially PoR 2.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Alienleg.jpg

I would like to see a remake of Alien Legacy. I have the original cd version and there are a number of small changes and one large change that I would like to see implemented. I'm in the beginning stages of creating my own version of the game that would have some of my changes added to it. The one thing that I'm not sure how I would add to the game however would be actual combat unfortunately. :p

As an alternative to a remake, a sequel would be good too where you start in a solar system nearer to Earth and build up your forces in order to retake our own solar system from the Centaurians and eventually retaliate against their homeworld. As you retake the Sol system and colonize the planets you discover the remanants of human outposts and destroyed centaurian ships. In the centaurian system you could find new materials that would allow you to make advances in technology.

I'm sure someone could work it out! :-"

I agree with all of Hades' choices, so he has no reason to shut up.

I really want to see Xcom professionally remade. The only thing I'd like to see improved from the original is a bit of soldier personality.

I also agree with Betrayal at Krondor. Quest for Glory 2 would be sweet too.

Fallouts should never be remade. They are perfection.

Huh? Fallout 1&2 are both great games, but saying they are perfect is just silly.

Anyway, I would probably avoid remaking rpgs. The stories and characters that create the experience have already been explained, so there wouldn't be much room for fresh material. Besides, reliving old memories isn't nearly as good as forging new ones.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Racing destruction set... :thumbsup:

Racingdestruction.gif

Archon... :(

C64_Archon.png

Doomdarks Revenege... :'(

DoomdarksRevenge.gif

Hmm. Probably a few hundred titles predating 1990 that I would like to see remakes of :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Let's see....

Silent Hill (GRAPHICS ONLY!!!)

Parasite Eve (Graphics and Gameplay, and fill the story out a bit)

Diablo 2 (If it's not broke, just fix the graphics)

Chrono Trigger (Make the jump to 3d like Romancing SaGa did)

Betrayal at Krondor, Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos, X-Com, Eye of the Beholder(and all the other D&D Gold boxes) and a sequel to Clive Barker's Undying.

Please?

**** yeah.

outcast.jpg

I want a sequel. NOW.

Snes_-_Lost_Vikings.jpg

Can we get another sequel for this? Pretty please?

464px-Warcraft-adventures-boxart.jpg

Oh yeah.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There is a remake of Dark Forces being made using the Jedi Academy engine. They released a 3 level demo of the first 3 levels of Dark Forces, very amazing. I've been waiting on this remake longer than the Quest for Glory 2 remake and the TSLRP combined. :luck:

This may sound odd, but I would LOVE to see a remake of the old SSI game Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday and it's sequel Matrix Cubed combined into an RPG that plays like the recent KoTOR.

I love pure Sci Fi RPGs and it is rare to find one as pure as that game was. No force, ghosts or magic, just blasters and genetic modification. Not even space aliens.

I really believe this game would rock if they added party members you could banter with and just increased the features size and scope of the game. It would likely be a fairly fresh game too considering how many people didn't play it.

It would also be quite cool to see some remakes of other SSI series, like combining all 4 games from the Pool of Radiance series into one remake with updated rules and npcs who bantered with you etc. It really would be something special to see these games rendered in 3D with their whole story archs connected and enhanced.

The Marathon series remade on the Halo engine would rock.

They also 'need' to remake both System Shocks on the Doom 3 engine.

I'd love to see the Quest for Glory series remade using something like the Oblivion engine. I think there is a project like this already in the works but I haven't seen any progress or screens so far. I really loved this series, awesome combination of role playing and adventure gaming. The game had some backdrops that if rendered in 3D with updated music would be stunning.

I would LOVE to see a remake of the sega version of Robocop vs. The Terminator in 3D FPS mode. Violent timetravel story wtih cool music.

They really need to get cracking on a new AvP game in the Doom 3 or FEAR engine. The technology now is just perfect for a new aliens game.