Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

I watched Field Of Dreams last night. No matter what I always tend to get a little teary eyed right at the end when Costner asks his pa for a game of catch. :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I watched some horrible sea monster movie with the actor of the main character from Everwood as, funnily enough, the main character. The monster was monstery enough(big worm which puked the skeletons of those it had eaten and had a groovy looking multi-jawed mouth), but it was like all bad horror movies really. Just appalling.

Edit: I think it was Famke Janssen that played the obligatory hot female co-survivor.

Ahh, Deep Rising. SO horrible.

Was made by the same guy who made The Mummy series and Van Helsing?

Because the rest of it is so ****ing terrible I am usually ashamed to admit I like the Mummy series (I think it's hilarious).

I think the Mummy series is freaking hilarious too. But everyone just seemed to be going on about how bad the movies back when they were showna that I've shut up about it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yi tian tu long ji zhi mo jiao jiao zhu* (Lord of the Wu Tang)

Plot Summary: Set during the Yuen Dynasty, many sects compete for possession of the two golden swords which contain the secret to dominance of the world of martial arts. The first faction, led by Shaolin, consists of Shaolin, Wu Tang, Ngo Mai, Kun Lun, Hung Tung and Wah Shan. The second is the Ming Sect, otherwise known as the Fire Sect or Evil Sect, led by branch leaders Queen of Purple Dragon, King of White Eagle, King of Gold Lion and King of Green Bat. A student of Wu Tang, befriends Gold Lion and marries the daughter of White Eagle. He is killed for the secret of the location of the missing sword. His infant son witnesses this and vows revenge on the heads of the sect. Unfortunately he has a jinx which prevents him from learning martial arts.

*Can someone translate this mess? I'm looking at you, Julian.

bscap014.jpg

-

bscap015.jpg

-

bscap016.jpg

bscap017.jpg

bscap018.jpg

-

bscap019.jpg

bscap020.jpg

bscap022.jpg

bscap023.jpg

bscap024.jpg

:(

Funny stuff, Baley.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Has anyone seen Strings? It has been released today in Portugal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

on superman...

I has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with the tv show smallville, it's supposed to be a sequal to Superman's one and two. Only problem is that if you ignore the fact that it's "superman Is BACK!" and look at the rest of the plot you'll se that it's just a rehash of the first movie (luthor using a Real estate scheme to get millions in money!? Superman saves an airplane!? LUTHOR USES KRYPTONITE!?!?)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*Can someone translate this mess? I'm looking at you, Julian.

I actually have read the original novel (which is longer than Lotr), so here it goes.

bscap014.jpg

Those are mother and son and the mother is dying with a dagger in her belly; she is just giving her son some tips on how to be a pimp.

bscap015.jpg

bscap016.jpg

bscap017.jpg

bscap018.jpg

There is a strange (and most likely made up by the author) superstition that your pimp juice is somehow connected to male's inner energy in the balance of yin and yang. Supposedly if you wish to truly master the art of a thousand slapping hands or buddhist palm, conservation is the key.

(The young guy is Jet Li btw for all those who didn't notice.)

bscap019.jpg

bscap020.jpg

bscap022.jpg

bscap023.jpg

bscap024.jpg

These are exactly what happened. One brother was hit by a poisonous dart or something on the butt. The other brother first wanted to help to suck out the poison and kicked him after learning the spot of the wound.

Hope that helped.

on superman...

I has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with the tv show smallville, it's supposed to be a sequal to Superman's one and two. Only problem is that if you ignore the fact that it's "superman Is BACK!" and look at the rest of the plot you'll se that it's just a rehash of the first movie (luthor using a Real estate scheme to get millions in money!? Superman saves an airplane!? LUTHOR USES KRYPTONITE!?!?)

Wow. Luthor uses Kryptonite? Man, what a ripoff!

Firsts eason of ST:TNG. It refreshed my memory of why I like it so much, and why i feel it's easily the best ST series. Picard, and company are awesome. Some misteps; but overall coolers. Q, oh how I have missed you!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

To me Q & Data were the best parts of that show. Not that I didn't love Picard, of course. :D

My husband rented Basic Instinct2 ... no comment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Firsts eason of ST:TNG. It refreshed my memory of why I like it so much, and why i feel it's easily the best ST series. Picard, and company are awesome. Some misteps; but overall coolers. Q, oh how I have missed you!

The first two seasons were AWFUL, though they did pick up a lot after that. I mean, what a dumb idea to have the saucer section come off. Which stupid writer thought that that would be useful in space?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The first two seasons were AWFUL, though they did pick up a lot after that. I mean, what a dumb idea to have the saucer section come off. Which stupid writer thought that that would be useful in space?

Galaxy class starships are ships of exploration. With their extend stay in space, the crew of the ship were allowed to have their families to join them on their journey. The saucer section has the crew quarters in it. If for some reason the warp core or something else went critical, which was located on the lower part of the ship, they could separate the ship, saving lives in the process.

I prefer DS9 over TNG, but TNG improved after the third season.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I mean, what a dumb idea to have the saucer section come off. Which stupid writer thought that that would be useful in space?

Someone who wished he was working on a Transfomers movie, perhaps? I agree that TNG picked up in the third series, and I think it peaked in the fourth and fifth. Still not as consistently good as Stargate: SG1 at its peak, though I'm saying that having watched Stargate several years later and my tastes may have changed.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Galaxy class starships are ships of exploration. With their extend stay in space, the crew of the ship were allowed to have their families to join them on their journey. The saucer section has the crew quarters in it. If for some reason the warp core or something else went critical, which was located on the lower part of the ship, they could separate the ship, saving lives in the process.

I prefer DS9 over TNG, but TNG improved after the third season.

Hee hee, thanks for the balloon help, Lucius. :shifty:

Unfortunately I know far too much about it: I still think it is a stupid idea. After all, the saucer section would need its own propulsion system, otherwise it would still be in the danger zone, surely? Another propulsion system creates far more complexity than is warranted. Time to halt the illusion and call it for what it is: a stupid writer's plot device that didn't work.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Galaxy class starships are ships of exploration. With their extend stay in space, the crew of the ship were allowed to have their families to join them on their journey.

Really? Sounds like a really really bad idea.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"The first two seasons were AWFUL, though they did pick up a lot after that. I mean, what a dumb idea to have the saucer section come off. Which stupid writer thought that that would be useful in space?"

You are wrong on both accounts.

1. The ship being able to split makes good logical sense in times of great danger (lol, which they're almost always in), and various tatical maneuvers.

2. What was so horrible about Season 1 as compared to later seasons?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.