Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Superman Returns verdict: It was ok, mildly entertaining. I liked the new guy as Supes better than I thought I would. Didn't think he and Lois had much chemistry together tho. The rest (like kinda slow pacing etc) was already said in that Superman thread.

My husband thought it was "too mushy." :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Agreed with Crimson there, and also felt the story was a little lacking and didn't like the way the producers assumed you knew the whole story between Clark/Superman and Lois before the action starts to heat up again.

Not sure what "assumptions" you are referring to ... after all, Superman appears in Smallville at the beginning of the film without much lead-in, and Luthor gets all the crystal goodness without any fanfare, either.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well it just felt to me that you had to have watched Smallville before, or the Superman series to have known the history between Lois and Clark, since there is no mention of it, apart from being implied by him

being upset when he finds out Lois is engaged

I don't know if that totally made sense, but that's the way it seemed to me.

Yeah, because even if you were unfamiliar with the lore / canon [shudder], the information was right there for you to witness:

the history between Lois and Clark, since there is no mention of it, apart from being implied by him

being upset when he finds out Lois is engaged

;)

Actualy, the history was between

Lois and Superman

. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The man who wasn't there, Not bad... Good cinematography that made it fun to watch,

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. This was definitely the worst of Kevin Smith's movies. Jersey Girl was better.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Huo Yuan Jia (Fearless)

Plot Outline: Superstar Jet Li headlines this action-packed film, his final martial arts epic. The film reteams him with producer Bill Kong ("Hero") and action director and choreographer Yuen Wo Ping ("Unleashed"). Li plays real-life martial arts legend Huo Yuanjia, who became the most famous fighter in all of China at the turn of the 20th Century. Huo faced incredible personal tragedy but ultimately fought his way out of darkness and into history, forever defining himself at a tournament for the honor of his country and the true spirit of martial arts.

And,

Fong Sai-Yuk (The Legend) I and II.

Plot Outline: This Hong Kong martial-arts extravaganza tells of evil emperors and true love. The secret Red Lotus Flower Society is committed to the overthrow of the evil Manchu Emperor and his minions. One of his Governors is sent on a mission to retrieve a list of members of that secret society. Meanwhile, Canton kung fu practitioner Fong Sai-Yuk falls in love with the beautiful daughter of a rich merchant, recently moved to Canton. Her father, in an attempt to gain influence in the region and thus improve his business, offers his daughter in marriage to the winner of a kung-fu contest. Some interesting gender role-reversals take place during a 'comedy of errors.'

+

Plot Outline: The Cantonese hero Fong Sai Yuk becomes involved in the secret brotherhood "The Red Flower", who are trying to overthrow the Manchurian emperor and re-establishing the Ming dynasty. The social upheaval is combined with Sai Yuk's personal moral conflict about how to conform to the rigid regime of the brotherhood and on top of that sort out his difficult love life, saddled with two presumptive wives.

bscap009.jpg

bscap010.jpg

I watched Dungeons and Dragons tonight of all things, and for the first time, too. It was like an extended episode of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Was it really as cheaply-made as it looked? :shifty:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The Matador, w/Pierce Brosnan. It was so odd and off-wall that it became more amusing than I think it really was...one of those 'it's not really that great but there's something about it that makes you end up liking it' films.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Isn't the movie supposed to be a sequel to Superman 2?

Wouldn't this be like complaining that we didn't learn much about Legolas' character in Return of the King?

That is what the producers and the director are saying. However, after seeing it(twice) it becomes quite apparent that it is more like a re-imagining of the first movie series.

I mean, how can it be a sequel if it has the same plot as the first movie(or way too similar)?

It was boring, redundant Hollywood crap(IMO).

:lol:

The Matador, w/Pierce Brosnan. It was so odd and off-wall that it became more amusing than I think it really was...one of those 'it's not really that great but there's something about it that makes you end up liking it' films.

I enjoyed it as well. It had very different potrayal of an assassin than pretty much every else movie with a assassin.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I watched some horrible sea monster movie with the actor of the main character from Everwood as, funnily enough, the main character. The monster was monstery enough(big worm which puked the skeletons of those it had eaten and had a groovy looking multi-jawed mouth), but it was like all bad horror movies really. Just appalling.

Edit: I think it was Famke Janssen that played the obligatory hot female co-survivor.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tai ji zhang san feng (Twin Warriors)

Plot Summary: Jet Li plays Junbao, a child that grows up as a monk in a Shaolin temple along with his friend Tianbao. During a friendly competition, they are both expelled during a vicious fight when another competitor cheated by using a weapon. They wander China and during a performance, Junbao and Tianbao go their separate ways, Tianbao joining the military, and Junbao joining the rebels opposing the government. Tianbao, hungry for power and wealth, sets-up and betrays his lifelong friend, Junbao, in an ambush to attain the rank of general. Junbao, stricken with grief and disbelief, turns to Tai Chi to help. The climactic finale pits Tianbao against Junbao in a martial arts battle that rages throughout a military encampment while an army of thousands look on.

bscap011.jpg

bscap012.jpg

bscap013.jpg

Having no need for women has made me a success.