Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

From Dusk Till Dawn

The only Vampire movie I've ever seen and liked. I think it's because it had George Clooney, and Salma Hayek in it. Also, it wasn't loaded with a bunch of gay goth crap.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Unbreakable.

It's an odd little movie several comic book refrences (active comics -_-)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, I was disappointed w/Unbreakable. It had promise but it fell flat. There were some nice touches here and there tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But that movie hass been out forever, Hurlshot. It's one of my favorite Eastwood films.

I watched Heathers the other night. Although anyone can relate to this story ( for the most part) I find as the years have passed this show seems really dated. And Christian Slater takes his Nicholson impression a little too far in this one.

And I thought Ghost Dog was great, BTW.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I pawed through a Wal-Mart 2-for-$11 bin and found a lot of old favorites, like Princess Bride, Primal Fear and The Untouchables. And Pretty In Pink. God I loved that movie when I was in highschool. Sad, but true. I need to get The Breakfast Club too, hehe.

Edward Norton in Primal Fear was superb, nice to have his performance on DVD.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I pawed through a Wal-Mart 2-for-$11 bin and found a lot of old favorites, like Princess Bride, Primal Fear and The Untouchables. And Pretty In Pink. God I loved that movie when I was in highschool. Sad, but true.  I need to get The Breakfast Club too, hehe.

Edward Norton in Primal Fear was superb, nice to have his performance on DVD.

Untouchables, a great movie with Connery.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Superman Returns. Looks nice but bleh. Too much whiny Lois; not enough Superman.

I thought the direction was superb, though.

I also liked the self-referential stuff, like:

- Luthor's model city being destroyed, to satirize the disaster movie genre (including ealier Superman films);

- ALL of the Marlon Brando dialogue;

- Luthor's satanic verses, as a neat counterpoint to the plethora of theological Christ symbolism.

It was more credible than The Da Vinci Code AND more plausible and coherent than The Passion of the Christ. ^_^

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A Man Called Horse

A really good movie :blink:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I saw V for Vendetta again, on cheap cinema. My friend had just got his driving license so most of the excitement was the trip itself. :blink:

All in all, the only thing that left me sour during the movie was Evey. I mean, seriously attend some sort of acting school. That was really bad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It seems Singer made an effort to give examples that helped illustrate Jor-El's lessons. However, I thought the use of Brando's dialogue became spam like. There were maybe a few too many "beautiful" shots of Supes looking like he was about to cry while hearing his father's voice.

I guess my criticisms come from the fact that the tone this film was a complete surprise for me. I hadn't expected it to be so angsty and emotional.

It seems Singer made an effort to give examples that helped illustrate Jor-El's lessons. However, I thought the use of Brando's dialogue became spam like. There were maybe a few too many "beautiful" shots of Supes looking like he was about to cry while hearing his father's voice.

I guess my criticisms come from the fact that the tone this film was a complete surprise for me. I hadn't expected it to be so angsty and emotional.

Yeah, but Spacey was terrific! :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

North by Northwest - Great old time flick.

Little Big Man - Quite a movie, I am still contemplating what I think about it.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Fun ride.

Six Feet Under - Finished the 5th and final season. One hell of a TV show.

Dungeons and Dragons 2

Bad plot filled with plot holes. Bad dialogue that has bad actors acting it. Bad special effects. It