Movies you've seen lately

Baley

I just finished watching the Super Mario Bros Movie, with Bob Hoskins as Mario, John Leguizamo as Luigi, and Dennis Hopper as King Koopa. Though not exactly perfect (Hoskins' Italian accent consisted of "watsamaddayous" and "fuggedaboutits") it can be solid in its own way, and definitley superior to the Super Mario Bros Super Show. *shudder*

Wow. I think you are the first person to admit watching and liking this "film". Ever.

It is known as one of the worst movies ever made.

and yet it were better than the new underworld movie.

don't get Gromnir wrong, seeing kate neeked were all well and good, but that should not be the only positive recollection one takes away from a movie.

ok, there were one other positive. went to see underworld at suggestion of, and in company of a woman... call it a date if you will. the absolute horribleness of the movie had our companion apologizing to us over and over. she owes us.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I just finished watching the Super Mario Bros Movie, with Bob Hoskins as Mario, John Leguizamo as Luigi, and Dennis Hopper as King Koopa. Though not exactly perfect (Hoskins' Italian accent consisted of "watsamaddayous" and "fuggedaboutits") it can be solid in its own way, and definitley superior to the Super Mario Bros Super Show. *shudder*

Wow. I think you are the first person to admit watching and liking this "film". Ever.

It is known as one of the worst movies ever made.

I wonder what was in that box on the doorstep yesterday... >_<"

Der Untergang.

Awesome movie.

+1 added to my "movies that i have to see"-list.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i saw FF7 Advent Children again, mostly because of the graphics. they always astound me.

the fight scenes would probably be horribly cheesy to some people, but i never cared about that kind of thing in movies. the movie is supposed to be a fantasy anyways, a stretch of reality, and it for sure isn't as bad as the kamehameha stuff in everyone's favourite, DBZ.

As for the story, i thought it was good. at least, good enough. but i usually think a lot during movies, about what is going on in people's heads and stuff, which usually makes the movie into something it is not. so unless it is really bad, there isnt a movie i see that has horribly constructed characters or stories in my eyes.

Saw Underworld Evolution on opening day. Bloody good movie. And not because of Kate Beckensale being in a tight black oufit either. Well, besides that. Good story and effects.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Der Untergang.

Awesome movie.

Indeed. But, dont they dub movies in Spain? I would think it would be increadibly strange to see it in Spanish.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Indeed. But, dont they dub movies in Spain? I would think it would be increadibly strange to see it in Spanish.

Yup. They dub movies alright. In fact, it's difficult to watch any movie in the original language until the DVD is released, as very few cinemas play the original versions. People over here prefer it that way.

That said, I tend to watch American and English movies in English. German however is a bit too much for me.

And well, I didn't think it was strange to see Himmler and Hitler speaking Spanish. I guess I'm just used to it, much like you're used to subtitles.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Denmark doesn't dub anything but kiddie movies, so when I was in Spain last month I might just have uttered a few curse words about Spaniards and their dubs. (here I thought it was only Germans and French who did that over here, tsk tsk)

Numbers you gotta do something about that. Fast! :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Just rewatched Chicago. It's one of my favorite musicals, right up there with Moulin Rouge.

Is the spanish verion of The Passion dubbed?

Everything is dubbed. I understand what you mean about the atmosphere. I have watched dubbed movies, and then rewatched them in English, and sometimes things are lost in the translation. It's especially bad with wordplay, puns, in-jokes and slang. I have seen a few times when the dubbed line has nothing to do with the real thing, but those extremes are very rare.

There's not much to be done about it unfortunately, as the level of foreign languages taught here is rather low. And worst of all is, most people don't seem to care... :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I watched Psycho yesterday. Hitchc0ck is a god (or perhaps the God, I'm not sure). I especially liked the longer conversation scene between Norman and Marion. Very creepy. :ph34r:

EDIT: Hooray for censoring. <_>

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just rewatched Chicago. It's one of my favorite musicals, right up there with Moulin Rouge.

Yeah, both of those films are great. At first I was wary, because usually musical=chick flick, but I was pleasantly surprised. Good stuff. :huh:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I went and saw Underworld Evolutions. I loved it, but I also loved the first film. It really finished up the story from the first movie. I was a little unclear about the ending, though. Again, some great action and a very decent plot, you get what you pay for.

Edited by Hurlshot