Random video game news... Games are the most elevated form of investigation

MrBrown

On 12/28/2023 at 6:32 PM, kanisatha said:

This trailer seems to be a lot longer than the one posted here a few weeks ago. And it seems to say the game is expected to be released in the second half of 2024 (with game reveal in summer '24).

Is the info in the trailer correct? The description says the video is just that guys edit.

21 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Anyways, BG3 is an absolute mess of story, for sure. They tried to give every throwaway NPC a backstory and it's a bit crazy. It's one thing to have a town with named NPC's and quests revolving around them, but then they named every NPC in the enemy bases. Even the forest critters seem to have backstories. 

And, while I am sure that isn’t their intention, it felt a lot like posturing, as they limit writing content for minor NPCs after act1. It feels as if the game is puffing its chest early on hoping, few will look further. 

Not that I have issue with it per se - random NPCs in act3 having unique barks is pretty good anyway, but it doesn’t make up for unfinished story arcs, dodgy world building and messy plot. 

I am still far more impressed by Arcanum than Bg3. It just felt smarter, production wise, and more effective. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Is the info in the trailer correct? The description says the video is just that guys edit.

Oh. I don't know. The video is available on multiple gaming sites.

And it says "official trailer."

Edited by kanisatha

27 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Oh. I don't know. The video is available on multiple gaming sites.

And it says "official trailer."

It looked like a compilation of official trailers with some commentary. Still, I am looking forward to the game, whenever it is ready.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, Bobby Kotick stepped down as Activision/Blizzard CEO. Sadly, he almost certainly got a HUGE payout on the way out, but at least he's gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It is a fun game though. So grab it if you use EPIC.

The "woke" accusations are *roll eye*

It is a game I believe could even be enjoyed by Bruce.

The problems:

It is a bit too best-friends-squad

It is not a grotesque like the old series.

They made a few bad decisions (at launch you had only one garage on a huge map)

It is aimed at a new, young audience, not as old gits who played the old series.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I understand the basis for the accusations.

They took out the strippers.

Instead of Shaundy having an ex in every street, here Kevin has random exes both male and female.

And you don't have a Johnny Gat murder machine. You are the Johnny Gat murder machine... Same as the old boss really.

They took out Professor Ghenki's murder TV show and made it an underground darknet webshow.

The parties at the saint's hq are just normal people dancing and drinking, not strippers everywhere.

There is no drug use but instead of blow up dolls, you collect hundreds of drug pallets.

There is no sex toy weapon.

There are no gimp suit ponyplay races.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

47 minutes ago, melkathi said:

They've gone too far, gimp suit ponyplay should be a part of every videogame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

That's where they crossed the line. They have insurance fraud, though, right?

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I prefer the insurance fraud in this one actually. For the simple fact that it is one of the illegal ventures you set up while creating your criminal empire. The NPC you have running it has a software to simply hack the insurance companies, but you never listen to her and do it the old fashioned way.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Septic avenger or bust!

That one has been out for a long while.

In the new game you run an illegal dump for radioactive waste. But the Minigame is to drive very carefully so they don't go volatile. And once they do you drive really fast, like in that movie with nitroglycerin.

• Like 1

For the strategy games fans here, I just came across these two games, both supposedly scheduled for release in 2024. They both look quite good to me. Millennia may have already been shared here, but Ara is definitely new to me. What do you guys thing?

• Thanks 1

RDR2 also won.. Labor of Love.. which is especially funny since R* almost instantly abandoned the game. Barely cared about RDO as well, which is now pretty much unplayable.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 hours ago, MrBrown said:

https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards

Starfield won for "most innovative gameplay". I guess it really has some fans.

BG3 got  40 million votes, a well deserved accolade for Larian and all their hard work paid off 

9 hours ago, Lexx said:

RDR2 also won.. Labor of Love.. which is especially funny since R* almost instantly abandoned the game. Barely cared about RDO as well, which is now pretty much unplayable.

Yes I spent   1700  hours playing RDR2 and 90 %  of that time was Online and after the main story was  finished with mods 

I loved the game but  the developers  didnt seem to add  much worthwhile content especially for the SP  game 

I voted for it in this category but only because I didnt play the other games 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela