Random video game news... the critical eyes have it

The old mmo thing has gone into single player. 

Honestly don't know how or even if I feel about it.

On the one hand, not a fan of companies selling nothing. On the other, if my game purchase does not increase in price because someone else is willing to shoulder that cost so they can play a few days before me - I have other ways to pass the time those days.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I have no problem with the pay extra to play the game <insert number> days early scheme. If people want to pay more money to beta test the game for the rest of us, more power to them. Where I would have a problem with it is with competitive multiplayer games, because getting in early to get a handle on the meta as soon as possible is important for those games. I generally don't play competitive multiplayer games much and when I do it's at a level where getting a 4 day headstart on the meta doesn't mean anything.

And now for something completely different:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If my boy Zhu Bajie makes an appearance this will be GotY whatever year it comes out. Playable Zhu Bajie with the rake = Game of the Millenium.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe am blind, but not noticing all that much of an improvement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Yeah, that's still a bit too retro for my tastes.

Pathetic casual.

But Jedi Knight would be more fun, I loved the level design in that game

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tony Khan with the 2 for 1 special, simultaneously plugging this coming Sunday's historic All In PPV and the new Stadium Stampede mode for AEW Fight Forever. Skip to 0:48 for vidya game footage.

The crazy thing is that this is not even much of an exaggeration of the Stadium Stampede matches that happened in real life. Stuff like riding golf cars and horses actually happened.:wowey:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

butwhy.gif

Would say money.  But can't imagine Broken Sword really sells all that much.

I'm hoping we get box puzzles again.

I'm down for Broken Sword 6 so long as they find a way to shoehorn in a goat again. As for the remake of Broken Sword 1, I'll pass. it's the best game in the series but I've already played it multiple times.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Saints Row is now on steam at a deep discount.

Getting review bombed by the anti-epic and rightwing crowd.

Even has reviews with the text:

" Only bought it to reviewbomb and refund"

I had forgotten what a cesspool the Steam community is.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I wonder if review bombing games that did a year long epic exclusive might be counter productive.

So let's say I am a money person at a publisher and I see the game made X on epic and then I try sell it on Steam and get a lot less than X. Will I look at the negative reviews and say "ah, a crowd of people didn't like me selling on Epic, so I'll now only sell on Steam to make them happy and get more than the X I made on Epic from Steam" or will I say "Steam sales were disappointing. The platform is not performing anymore. Let's sell more on Epic" or will I say "Oi, Steam, get the reviews in check... Please"

• Like 1

As far as I am aware, usually such people are the absolute minority. It doesn't really affect your statistics unless you really completely f'd up and got lots of people to hate on you for one reason or another. Basically, it only affects you negatively if they manage to get your review score down *a lot* for a long time. Lots of people just glance at the % once and if it is below a certain value, they will not buy anymore, or only if it feels cheap enough.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

@melkathiReview bombing has been happening for at least a decade for all manner of ill conceived reasons. This is not a new phenomenon. There's even reverse review bombing where people will give ludicrously glowing 10/10 reviews to games, movies, whatever that might be okay or pretty good but certainly not deserving of 10/10 scores to "balance" the negative review scores they feel are unfair. This practice is just as stupid as review bombing. Just give your honest opinion and move on.

Anyway,

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

ZWwuZ2lm.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

@Keyrock you should see boardgame geek.

There are basically roaming boardgames hunting for games to downvote or upvote.

"Rating this 10 to balance out the inevitable 1 review with intent to balance out 10s"

Ran across an account who had rated 6000 games 1 out of 10

• Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1