Ukraine Conflict - "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed"

Mamoulian War

11 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Huh, they built the vehicle and rail bridges in 2 and 3 years respectively. Impressive! Crimean Bridge - Wikipedia

Well maybe that is one of the reasons, why it was so easy damaged 🤔

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

32 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Well, I really wish our government could support UA more, but we have currently in the government even bigger clowns than the the British one... We are the last country in EU, which still has no plan how to get over winter, with elevated energy prices for small businesess and for low incom people... Our minister of finance is a plagiarist, who refused to step down, after he was convicted that he really did it... Oh and one of his most noteworthy quotes, before becoming Minister of Finance was "I do not care about family finance, everything at our home is sorted by my wife." 🤷‍♂️

Our previous minister of finance is a politial science major, and when asked what he felt made him qualified for the job, he said that he thinks he is qualified because he never failed to pay a bill, so in that, you're not quite alone. He also sent his wife for a walk with his laptop in the baby carriage a couple of minutes before the police arrived at his home with a search warrant. I am convinced this was simply a coincidence, I mean, who of us does not send their spouses out to walk the laptops, huh? :p

One of his biggest achievements was forgetting a couple of zeroes on an official budget proposal, because who cares if we are talking about millions or billions of euros, right?

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

10 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Well maybe that is one of the reasons, why it was so easy damaged 🤔

Took 14 months to build (at least a 2 lane span of) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Pontchartrain_Causeway

And that's a much longer bridge.  Can't really assume some sort of linear relationship for construction time and bridge length, but doesn't seem too unreasonable. Design, planning and so on probably takes longer. 

That said damage from a truck bomb and rail fire isn't really something to chalk up as "easy".

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

46 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

The only thing I checked, by the way, was some security camera footage from behind the vehicles on the bridge. I checked it twice, and both times the immediate impression / sense I got was that the explosion was in front of the truck, not precisely where the truck was. Probably not true, though -- just a faulty impression.

The footage from under the rail bridge which was in a tweet MW (iirc) linked was far better in terms of perspective than the footage along the road bridge. It's pretty clear from that that the direct damage to the road is where the truck was (visible from ~23s, easiest to visualise position using the light pylons, though note that the one closest to the truck on the right side is completely destroyed). The blackened section of roading is exactly where the truck was, and, in my most humble of opinions, pretty conclusive by itself that it was a truck bomb. There are a bunch of other factors too like the explosion shape, its size and especially the lack of a sizeable explosive displacement wave standing against it being sea borne and indicating most of its downward explosive force was deflected away from the water (specifically, by the road) rather than being detonated in it.

That video is where the 'bow wave' shown in the BBC article come from, though for some reason they didn't reproduce the entire video. Probably because it's pretty clear that if the truck was 'behind' where the explosion took place the bow wave looks to be even further back than that.

Long straight roads are awful for visual effects/ perspective alterations like foreshortening- perhaps the best illustration is if you use the traffic cam video the bridge looks like it rises very steeply into its main span over the ship channel when in fact it's very, very gradual.

56 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Took 14 months to build (at least a 2 lane span of) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Pontchartrain_Causeway

And that's a much longer bridge.  Can't really assume some sort of linear relationship for construction time and bridge length, but doesn't seem too unreasonable. Design, planning and so on probably takes longer. 

That said damage from a truck bomb and rail fire isn't really something to chalk up as "easy".

Once again, you are forgetting, that we are speaking about Russia, where 9 out of 10 Rubles from every state contract gets lost. So comparing buildtime of 14 months in USA with 14 months in Russia is a prime example of comparing apples with oranges 🙈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found and interesting analysis by Timothy Snyder published on 5th october.

https://snyder.substack.com/p/how-does-the-russo-ukrainian-war?r=f9j4c&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Once again, you are forgetting, that we are speaking about Russia, where 9 out of 10 Rubles from every state contract gets lost. So comparing buildtime of 14 months in USA with 14 months in Russia is a prime example of comparing apples with oranges 🙈

Don't think he's forgetting, I think you have an extreme bias against Russia & Russians, and at least a moderate bias against reality.

Even if what you said is true (for the sake of argument), money disappearing doesn't necessarily translate into inefficiency. Not all thieves are bureaucrats, and many of those that aren't are often still proficient at their jobs.

That said, the fact remains that Russia built this bridge in a relatively short amount of time for such a large project. This fact, like all others, doesn't care about your prejudices or misperceptions.

Insofar as build times in the USA v Russia, I could write a short essay, but it is indeed apples and apples. Corruption and inefficiency sadly dominates much of the United States at this point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

Yes, nothing in Russia works, their infrastructure functions only due to dark pacts signed with Satan.  The point was the time is not suspiciously less than project one of the Nations of the Light.  Add in it's a prestige project and you can consider they'd do a good job of it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

they'd do a good job of it.

Funny you mention that, because I read on some engineering talk about that bridge the other day, and it appears the job is not that good as they built a part of it a bit deeper than it is safe (80 meters deep when the rule is 60 or something) and built on unstable seabed with stuff like "dirt volcanoes" on it, so its longevity is rather questionable. I'm not surprised it was built in record time though, as it indeed was pale moth's of kremlin vanity project and fascist regimes aim to please their ~supreme fathers of the nation~ and prioritize their passion projects. 

Also, there is absolutely no signatures of Satan on any russian papers -- russian delegation sent to sign the treaty pocketed the majority of Satan's tribute and bribed some random Nalfeshnee with vodka to forge the signature, and that's why everything in russia is how it is.  💩

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Valsuelm said:

Don't think he's forgetting, I think you have an extreme bias against Russia & Russians, and at least a moderate bias against reality.

What !! You think people are biased against Russia and Putin, whatever gave you  that impression :grin:

Putins  unprovoked invasion of Ukraine is  a war Vals and yes in a war most people aren't neutral or impartial. Its like WW2 where people were biased against the Nazi and Germany. But in this case its  not as broad as that, for example I dont like Putin and those Russians that support him and the sooner he is gone the better

But I dont have an issue with the large number of Russians who are opposed to the war or Russia in the future as a  responsible member of international community. But right now, yes. I am very much biased and dislike Putin and the direction he has taken Russia

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

FSB has arrested eight people in connection with the bridge attack. Nationalities: Russian, Georgian, Ukrainian. Whether they have anything to do with it is anyone's guess.

Russia says, for the moment, that explosives were hidden in the truck and then detonated on the bridge. Whether this implies that it was not a suicide mission cannot be determined from the wording I have read. But the sense I get was that apparently the driver wasn't aware and that the detonation was from distance -- but this is my intepretation from an ambiguous wording, which itself is a translation. I wish I spoke Russian.

Edited by xzar_monty
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

FSB has arrested eight people in connection with the bridge attack. Nationalities: Russian, Georgian, Ukrainian. Whether they have anything to do with it is anyone's guess.

Russia says, for the moment, that explosives were hidden in the truck and then detonated on the bridge. Whether this implies that it was not a suicide mission cannot be determined from the wording I have read. But the sense I get was that apparently the driver wasn't aware and that the detonation was from distance -- but this is my intepretation from an ambiguous wording, which itself is a translation. I wish I spoke Russian.

Can you post links when you make interesting posts like this :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The FSB, in conjunction with the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, has reportedly come to the conclusion that the Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, its head Kyrylo Budanov and its employees and agents were the "organisers" of the explosion on the Crimean Bridge. According to Russian special services, an explosive device was camouflaged using rolls of polyethylene film on 22 pallets with a total weight of over 22 tonnes and sent from the Odesa Seaport to the Bulgarian city of Ruse in early August. Citizens of Ukraine, Georgia and a citizen of Armenia were allegedly involved in organising the shipment. FSB claims that the cargo was shipped from Bulgaria to the port of Poti in Georgia, and then to Armenia. Mykhailo Tsiurkalo (born 1975), Denys Kovach (1979) and Roman Solomko (1971), all citizens of Ukraine, Sandro Inosaridze, a citizen of Georgia, a broker called Levan and Armenian citizen Artur Terchanian (1985) were allegedly involved in the process.

It's so touching, that after all these years, they manned up and are solving all these cases so fast... First the Dugin explosion, now the Kerch Bridge... I am just wondering why are they still in darkness on who assaulted Nemcov after all these years 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

The FSB, in conjunction with the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, has reportedly come to the conclusion that the Chief Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, its head Kyrylo Budanov and its employees and agents were the "organisers" of the explosion on the Crimean Bridge. According to Russian special services, an explosive device was camouflaged using rolls of polyethylene film on 22 pallets with a total weight of over 22 tonnes and sent from the Odesa Seaport to the Bulgarian city of Ruse in early August. Citizens of Ukraine, Georgia and a citizen of Armenia were allegedly involved in organising the shipment. FSB claims that the cargo was shipped from Bulgaria to the port of Poti in Georgia, and then to Armenia. Mykhailo Tsiurkalo (born 1975), Denys Kovach (1979) and Roman Solomko (1971), all citizens of Ukraine, Sandro Inosaridze, a citizen of Georgia, a broker called Levan and Armenian citizen Artur Terchanian (1985) were allegedly involved in the process.

It's so touching, that after all these years, they manned up and are solving all these cases so fast... First the Dugin explosion, now the Kerch Bridge... I am just wondering why are they still in darkness on who assaulted Nemcov after all these years 🤷‍♂️

Yeah its amazing how efficient the FSB becomes when its not the killings of journalists and Russian political opposition members 

• Like 2

John Milton 

Yeah, the most blatant discrepancy is the reserve tire. On the normal pictures of the truck, the reserve tire is almost at the end of the truck. On x-ray, the tire is close to the other tires 😄

EDIT: LOL now I've noticed, that xray has less wheels as well :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Two tweets, which sums up pretty much, how all the things work in the Russia… 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bugarup said:

Funny you mention that, because I read on some engineering talk about that bridge the other day, and it appears the job is not that good as they built a part of it a bit deeper than it is safe (80 meters deep when the rule is 60 or something) and built on unstable seabed with stuff like "dirt volcanoes" on it, so its longevity is rather questionable. I'm not surprised it was built in record time though, as it indeed was pale moth's of kremlin vanity project and fascist regimes aim to please their ~supreme fathers of the nation~ and prioritize their passion projects. 

Also, there is absolutely no signatures of Satan on any russian papers -- russian delegation sent to sign the treaty pocketed the majority of Satan's tribute and bribed some random Nalfeshnee with vodka to forge the signature, and that's why everything in russia is how it is.  💩

Given ~2 years is 'record time', how long should it have taken ?

and for a laugh - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63225781

Edited by Malcador

On 10/11/2022 at 11:49 AM, xzar_monty said:

Those three were the last I saw -- but I haven't seen any official notification from Armenia. We shall see soon.

I’ve noticed today, that Times Radio has spoken about Armenia in recent broadcast. Still a surprise for me, because they were always very close “ally” to Russia. 

And we have official EU reaction to the Russian escalation from the weekend. 

• Thanks 1

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

And we have official EU reaction to the Russian escalation from the weekend. 

What exactly does that mean? Is that the HQ stuff that got announced already a couple days ago?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Biden hails UN general assembly vote condemning Russia annexations in Ukraine

The United Nations general assembly has overwhelmingly condemned Russia’s “attempted illegal annexation” of four Ukrainian regions, demanding that Moscow reverse course.

For what it's worth.

• Thanks 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."