Ukraine Conflict - "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed"

Mamoulian War

Suspected Ukrainian Explosive Sea Drone Made From Recreational Watercraft Parts

The revelation of the new explosive USV could explain the lack of Russian Navy operations near Sevastopol and around Crimea. Since the mystery USV was discovered in late September, the Russians have retreated into the defended harbor of Sevastopol, have reduced the number of warships lurking outside the entrance to the port and used a boom across the mouth of the harbor to control access more often, according to ship spotters.

The Russian Navy only started active patrols in the Black Sea from Sevastopol after the attack on the Kerch Strait Bridge on Oct. 8.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

This Twitter link doesn't work. However, if you change the final numer 1 to 0, it will work. I did not want to post the real link because the content is explosive (no death visible, though). The reason I post this is because I think this is the most difficult-to-believe instance I have seen so far. How can this happen? Where is the training? Are they blind? Seriously.

If the moderators regard this post as inappropriate, simply delete it. In that case, mea culpa and apologies.

https://twitter.com/auto_glam/status/1580289785050337281

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

This Twitter link doesn't work. However, if you change the final numer 1 to 0, it will work. I did not want to post the real link because the content is explosive (no death visible, though). The reason I post this is because I think this is the most difficult-to-believe instance I have seen so far. How can this happen? Where is the training? Are they blind? Seriously.

If the moderators regard this post as inappropriate, simply delete it. In that case, mea culpa and apologies.

https://twitter.com/auto_glam/status/1580289785050337281

A number of possibilities come to mind....

a) Staged propaganda

b) Training

c) Durability and/or mine efficacy testing, that's later taken out of context

d) Legit video.... You can't really see well when you're in these things. It's not like driving a car. Your field of vision is limited. At best you have some cameras. What you see through cameras does not equate to what you'd see with human eyes through a car windshield.

• Something to note: many people (soldiers included) think it can't happen to them. So much so that even when faced with a threat that would be obvious to someone else, they'll think.. "eh.. that's not really that dangerous thing I think it might be".
  • Decoys are not an uncommon thing. Get used to rolling over fake mines enough, and you just might start throwing caution to the wind and roll over a real one.

.... and I'm sure I didn't think of all of the possibilities.

Please note: a huge amount of stuff that you find on Twitter and the like are bogus. One should be especially suspicious of short videos, that are likely missing context. Twitter is a propaganda machine and a lot of people are bamboozled by it, especially those with short attention spans (which it was designed from day one to cater to and foster).

Edited by Valsuelm

21 minutes ago, pmp10 said:

India is still abstaining.
Seems the recent public talk-downs of Putin were for show.

Nah, abstaining is not the same as supporting. SA abstained as usual and our personal justification for this foreign policy  inconsistency is " the invasion was wrong and we call for Russia and Ukraine to return to the negotiating table " 

Supporting of Russia would be voting against the resolution but this vote outcome just increases  Russia being isolated on the international stage 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Nah, abstaining is not the same as supporting.

Yes it is.
When US effort is underway to internationally isolate a country this is very clear side taking. 
Not unlike say, OPEC cutting oil production when oil price caps are suggested.

1 minute ago, pmp10 said:

Yes it is.
When US effort is underway to internationally isolate a country this is very clear side taking. 
Not unlike say, OPEC cutting oil production when oil price caps are suggested.

But I have already explained that SA doesnt support the invasion of Ukraine but we abstained from all UN votes?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But I have already explained that SA doesnt support the invasion of Ukraine but we abstained from all UN votes?

In that case, congratulations, you're officially supporting Putin. Got something to say to the press? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Lexx said:

What exactly does that mean? Is that the HQ stuff that got announced already a couple days ago?

It should start 17.10. I have not found much online, what precisely it should do except the training of UA soldiers, but there might be a more, as TASS has already published Russian statement, that this will be counted as a direct involvement of EU in the war 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, pmp10 said:

India is still abstaining.
Seems the recent public talk-downs of Putin were for show.

Any media commentator suggesting India was ever going to vote any other way is... an idiot whose opinion is worth nothing. Simply wouldn't have the necessary background to be even slightly credible, spouting wishful thinking and nothing else. Though to be fair, their vote has nothing at all to do with Ukraine per se.

Spoiler

Kashmir is the reason. They'll never, ever, vote for anything that even hints that their annexation of Kashmir might be illegal, or anything that could even be slightly precedent setting etc.

The public comments are mostly just window dressing, but even if they weren't there was literally no chance of them voting any other way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gorth locked this topic

More war discussion this way...

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein