Random video game news... may the dice be with you!

Gorth

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I dunno, the fact that he likes that art style makes me question his sanity... 😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Glowing reviews all over, although I find too many of them waste time on their nostalgia for the series.  Wonder what the ending is, RPS said it "is going to be a bit metatextual in a way that tiny babies will get cross about" - I guess Thimbleweed Park redux ?

I had a chance 

On 9/19/2022 at 5:34 PM, Malcador said:

I had a chance to watch both leaked GTA6 videos and I must say the game looks excellent 

The one video has some excellent humor in it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Just no one knows when 😩

"When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves."

Inb4 @Malcador: Still before Star Citizen. :p

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

12 hours ago, majestic said:

Inb4 @Malcador: Still before Star Citizen. :p

Speaking of, they crossed $500 M in funding recently

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Malcador said:

Speaking of, they crossed $500 M in funding recently

Wouldn't it be hilarious if by the end of it they announce the game is a monthly subscription.

• Haha 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

Besides running through underground passages with a torch and simple platforming, what do you actually do in this game? Are there enemies to fight, traps to dodge, or puzzles to solve?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Besides running through underground passages with a torch and simple platforming, what do you actually do in this game? Are there enemies to fight, traps to dodge, or puzzles to solve?

not sure, in their previous game there was combat, not sure about this one tho. I think it will be kinda like Ori

previous game:

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I was thinking the visuals looked a little strange, as the backgrounds and character animations didn't look like they quite matched each other. The character animations being actual scanned physical embroidery, I will forgive it, because that's rad and I love it (and also, I would say that character animation is the most important bit to do quality animation for in a game like this, so that was a wise choice). No idea if the game will be any good, but I'll wishlist it and wait for its release, hopefully it'll be enjoyable. And hopefully there won't be too much platforming/combat, as these kinds of games tend to miss the mark pretty badly when they go too heavily in that direction.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.