Random video game news... may the dice be with you!

Gorth

i guess we will see...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

About Gothic remake... if it's anything like the demo from a while ago.. no thanks.

About JA3 ... I'm highly skeptical. The biome looks interesting, but ugh, yet another nu-xcom combat system. I dunno man.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck...

tenor.gif

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but even I know better than to expect JA3 to be good. :p

I think a big problem is people focus on Ivan, Fidel, and all the other characters as being important to making a JA game. They aren't. It is important to have a colorful cast of characters. It's important to be able to develop them over the campaign. That's it. 

The strategic map looked ok at the end. The camera seemed off in the combat shots. The inventory and equipment modification scenes seemed incomplete. I'm not going to hold my breath. At the end of the day I'm getting a better tactical combat experience from Xenonauts 2, Battle Brothers and Wartales. These nu-Xcom style games offer a fun cinematic combat experience, and maybe JA3 will fit that mold. But I'm not holding my breathe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They will be playable on console and that's it, I guess. : x

I really hate how there is no range in those combat scenes. Everything takes place in a 10x10 grid.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10th anniversary of Sleeping Dogs today (well, technically it was yesterday here due to date line shenanigans). I'd be kind of hoping that Nordic/ THQ/ Embracer do a sequel of that sometime instead of nobody asked for this remakes of Gothic, except I seem to remember that Sleeping Dogs was one of the few westernish series SE didn't sell.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but even I know better than to expect JA3 to be good. :p

13427437_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I don't know how to feel about a Gothic game with anyone other than Piranha Bytes making it.:unsure: 

Mood wise it definitely looks more promising that the awful demo they released a while ago. I hope they took the harsh feedback and aren’t trying to make a quippy action game anymore. 
I don’t think I am interested in a Gothic remake - I just can’t think of a surefire way of bringing the title into current gen without loosing what made the original worth playing. 

Man, I was just thinking that the CK3 DLC I've been playing hasn't been worth the purchase price. Evidently Paradox agrees.

As of September 13, we will be altering the prices of our Flavor Packs (

Northern Lords and Fate of Iberia) to reflect the overall value of this kind of content moving forward. This means that the current price point of these two products will increase from 6.99 USD to 12.99 USD. This of course, is changed equivalent to the regional pricing of your area and may vary. This change will also be reflected in future Flavor Packs whose cost will be more in line with this price point.

Yeah, just double the price of old, anaemic DLC, what's the worst that could happen? Feels like it's pretty much a skeleton crew running the game as it is, the pace of development, hell the pace of implementing trivial fixes, has been glacially slow. Has the Bloodlines 2 disaster hobbled the company that much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/hand-of-fate-devs-new-tactics-game-is-xcom-with-superheroes

This peaks my interest a lot more than the Marvel Xcom clone. I mean I'm happy to see as many solid turn based tactical combat games as I can get, but a Freedom Force type game where you get to make superheroes and develop them sounds way better.

• Like 1

Pretty impressive mod.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pharaoh did add the roadblocks I think, which is a big change. Half the fun of Caesar 3 was wrestling with the weirdo AI.  I still feel pride at using warehouses like some sort of waystation to get around market ladies' food priority

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

27 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Pharaoh did add the roadblocks I think, which is a big change. Half the fun of Caesar 3 was wrestling with the weirdo AI.  I still feel pride at using warehouses like some sort of waystation to get around market ladies' food priority

I was a kid when I played this, I don't think I ever understood the games mechanics anywhere near enough. I pretty much learned it by trial and error, pushing buttons until I figured what each did. Although looking at this I think I went overkill with police and firehouses. 😄

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It's a MegaTen game, so it goes without saying that I'll play this. Not sure if I'll jump in day 1 as there's a free DLC coming that adds very hard difficulty and, as a MegaTen grognard, I have to play on the hardest difficulty. Anything less would be shameful and I would risk losing my status. :shifty:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

23 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

so the whole one dnd thing

any thought

I think it looks promising and exciting, I dont really understand how it will be implemented? Do they mean you wont play the Tabletop game anymore but it will be a digital hybrid?

Or do they mean it will be both ?And do DM create there own games in the digital version or are the modules preconfigured?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I think it looks promising and exciting, I dont really understand how it will be implemented? Do they mean you wont play the Tabletop game anymore but it will be a digital hybrid?

Or do they mean it will be both ?And do DM create there own games in the digital version or are the modules preconfigured?

looks like it just vtt with some more budget and official support

but the new dnd 5.5 was what most player are looking into

• Thanks 1