The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Gfted1

I found it funny one of the reasons they gave was that they were shouting nationalist slogans.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Before I can condemn military forces attacking mourners at the funeral of someone said military forces murdered earlier this week, I will need to confirm that Hamas was not hiding in the coffin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

White nationalist terrorist went into a black neighborhood supermarket and and shot ten people to death with an assault rifle while streaming it on twitch.tv. Reportedly had a 100-page anti-black and anti-Semite manifesto of some sort published beforehand that law enforcement was aware of.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Sad 5

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well good to see life is back to pre-COVID days in America.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

What do you mean? Their are still supply chain problems and inflation is still high in the US

And mass shootings increased during Covid and or didnt decrease

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/16/us/mass-shootings-increased-in-pandemic/index.html

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

What do you mean? Their are still supply chain problems and inflation is still high in the US

And mass shootings increased during Covid and or didnt decrease

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/16/us/mass-shootings-increased-in-pandemic/index.html

Just a joke at the US' past time, interesting though, from the news that reaches me up here didn't really hear much over the past year.  Related, a bunch of people caught lead in Milwaukee, no one dead though - 20 shot in 2 shootings, sheesh.

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Just a joke at the US' past time, interesting though, from the news that reaches me up here didn't really hear much over the past year.  Related, a bunch of people caught lead in Milwaukee, no one dead though - 20 shot in 2 shootings, sheesh.

That was immediately after the Milwaukee Bucks (basketball team) losing a playoff game. Don't know if it was literally a result of people being that upset about it or not, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Guess they shot as well as the Bucks, thankfully 😛

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Since July 4, 1776 there has literally been not a single day without Amerikkkka killing non-white people.

tag:citation needed 🙄

• Haha 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

13 minutes ago, rjshae said:

tag:citation needed 🙄

Im more likely to be able to go on a  hot date with Megan Thee Stallion than Hoonding to clarify his post :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

19 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

White nationalist terrorist went into a black neighborhood supermarket and and shot ten people to death with an assault rifle while streaming it on twitch.tv. Reportedly had a 100-page anti-black and anti-Semite manifesto of some sort published beforehand that law enforcement was aware of.

You can tell the guy is white because the police arrested instead of shooting him. 

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

20 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

The FBI was too busy harassing environmental activists. I guess impeding construction on a pipeline is more important than some people's lives.

17 hours ago, Malcador said:

If anything, the rona has seemed to make our national pastime more common.

27 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

You can tell the guy is white because the police arrested instead of shooting him. 

If it's like Dylan Roof, they probably bought him a burger on the way to jail.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Aussie elections coming up in a few days time. Will the locals take the chance to rid their country of this cancerous growth on the human gene pool?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Aussie elections coming up in a few days time. Will the locals take the chance to rid their country of this cancerous growth on the human gene pool?

Gorth man, you really need to be careful how you talk. Someone could get really hurt by your words. Cancerous growths on the human gene pool have feelings too, and it is very hurtful to compare them to Scott Morrison.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pidesco said:

It's not so clear cut. He was wearing a bullet proof vest and a tactical helmet, and he was (ineffectually) shot at by the security guard.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

8 hours ago, Pidesco said:

They persuaded him to not kill himself, heh, but that's also a good sign.

7 hours ago, Gorth said:

I voted on the weekend. Really thought early voting would let me skip the people handing out how to vote cards, but nope, still a few of them. Not much of a queue, though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malcador said:

Guess they shot as well as the Bucks, thankfully 😛

Not funny but still funny

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 hours ago, rjshae said:

It's not so clear cut. He was wearing a bullet proof vest and a tactical helmet, and he was (ineffectually) shot at by the security guard.

A ballistic vest will stop penetration by most pistol rounds and some rifle rounds. But you've still been hit by an object travelling 2k fps. That will take all the fight out of anyone 

• Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, rjshae said:

I thought he surrendered? Do the  US police normally shoot people who surrender?

Its a pity he surrendered because I have  noticed a global trend in several examples of mass shootings where a gunman will shoot innocent  people and then quickly surrender when the police arrive. It demonstrates his cowardice amongst other things 

I would imagine most committed ideological warriors would die for their cause....if they were true believers

You take most ISIS fighters and jihadists during the last days of the Caliphate,  they didnt surrender and died in Mosul and Raqqa. They were brutal and barbaric but brave when they made their last stand 

Its reminds me of Dylan Roof, he was " man " enough to shoot unarmed  people in a church but couldnt somehow get killed when the police arrived 

John Milton 

6 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I thought he surrendered? Do the  US police normally shoot people who surrender?

Its a pity he surrendered because I have  noticed a global trend in several examples of mass shootings where a gunman will shoot innocent  people and then quickly surrender when the police arrive. It demonstrates his cowardice amongst other things 

I would imagine most committed ideological warriors would die for their cause....if they were true believers

You take most ISIS fighters and jihadists during the last days of the Caliphate,  they didnt surrender and died in Mosul and Raqqa. They were brutal and barbaric but brave when they made their last stand 

Its reminds me of Dylan Roof, he was " man " enough to shoot unarmed  people in a church but couldnt somehow get killed when the police arrived 

He was going to shoot himself but the police managed to convince him to put his weapon down.

• Thanks 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

4 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

He was going to shoot himself but the police managed to convince him to put his weapon down.

A pity, they should have let him shoot himself or  " suicide by cop " 

• Like 1

John Milton 

3 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

I voted on the weekend. Really thought early voting would let me skip the people handing out how to vote cards, but nope, still a few of them. Not much of a queue, though.

It will be interesting to see what Oz voting outcomes reveal, will Morrison win?

If he does win that will  raise some questions I will ask you and Gorth which will be along the lines of " he cant  be that bad if voters keep him in power  " ? So I would be interested in what he is doing right if he wins but lets wait and see 8)

John Milton