The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Gfted1

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

I'm not really sure how this is relevant... to anything? 🤔

You saying it's Ok for politicians to be above the law and break it when they feel like partying on the tax payers dollar?

Or not?

And knowingly lie about it, trying to deceive said tax payers?

His party colleagues may not be concerned at all about the ethics involved, but have some real concern about how it affects marginal seats in coming local and nationwide elections. The voters will punish the party as they see fit in coming elections, but...

Would the conservative members be right in doing what is best for Boris or the best for the covid conservative party?

edit: For comparison, an ordinary Australian doing the same stunt as Boris can (or could in 2020 & 2021) face up to 6 months behind bars and a $13000 fine, which is for many people like a fifth of their gross annual income. No, not feeling sorry for politicians being held accountable for criminal behaviour.

Yes I think we may be debating different points, I will make the same point again but I need to clarify what you are concerned about 

This is about the  specific events that colloquially is known as Partygate and in summary the media feeding frenzy and outrage is about " a party\parties that occurred in Downing street that Johnson was part of and yet UK citizens were told you cant party because of lockdown regulations " 

What exactly are you critical about, is about the parties that were held in Downing Street or the allegation that he lied?

So would you be fine if he had admitted " yes we had parties in Downing Street " ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Amentep said:

new thread ahoy...

Oh no!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

Oh no!

• Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man