nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

Shame 'Pac wasn't able to attend due to COVID.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I couldnt figure this out, who is the guy between Dre and Blige?

Pepsi-Super-Bowl-LVI-Halftime-Show-5-164

Kendrick Lamar? 

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Seahawks trade Wilson and a 4th for two 1sts, two 2nds, a 5th, defensive end Shelby Harris, tightend Noah Fant, and quarterback Drew Lock.

Maybe I'm crazy, but that seems like a really garbage deal for the Seahawks. You already weren't very good next year, and now you no longer have the guy - enjoy 7-10 purgatory where you will never have a chance at picking a top QB for the next few years.

6 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I wonder how much ivermectin you can buy with $200 million

Rodgers went on Twitter and said those terms were made-up but confirmed re-signing; he did not elucidate us yet on what the actual terms were if those aren't it, :shrugz:.

Tomorrow's headlines: Rodgers re-signs with the Packers for four years and $201 million, :rolleyes:.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Two 1st-round picks seems to be a pretty good haul for a 33-year old QB. It is reasonable to assume he will start seeing diminishing returns as he ages. 

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady leading the MVP race last year say "wot", :p. One of those first round picks is pick #9 this year...in a year that is thought to have literally zero good QB prospects...and next year's will almost certainly be a pick in the 20s at the earliest. I'm a big believer of draft picks being very valuable, but if you don't have the guy at QB, you're pretty toast in this league, and I really don't think their "haul" should give them any kind of confidence that they can rebuild to being a playoff contender within the next three years. We'll see, I guess.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

Two 1st-round picks seems to be a pretty good haul for a 33-year old QB. It is reasonable to assume he will start seeing diminishing returns as he ages. 

And the last time the Hawks went to a super bowl he was in his rookie contract.

Speaking as a long time Seahawks fan, he'll be missed. Russell's not quite as mobile as he once was, but he's still a damn fine tosser of the football.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

46 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Speaking as a long time Seahawks fan, he'll be missed. Russell's not quite as mobile as he once was, but he's still a damn fine tosser of the football.

Yeah but it's easier to build a team when you're not paying one guy a 4th of you're cap space.

14 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Yeah but it's easier to build a team when you're not paying one guy a 4th of you're cap space.

According to this RW was making 11% of the team's 2022 cap:

Quarterback Spending

Not exactly blowing the budget out.

Edited by rjshae

Muh Boys are probably not going to pay Amari Cooper, but we're deep enough at WR that losing Coop shouldn't cause any panic. We need to address the offensive line which isn't what it once was. I don't know if Kenyon Green is somehow still on the board at #24, but if he is that should be a no-brainer pick.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

'Fins just traded their childrens' futures for Tyreek Hill.

That Tyreeks of desperation.

*crickets*

I'll show myself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, the_dog_days said:

'Fins just traded their childrens' futures for Tyreek Hill.

It's probably a year too early for the Chiefs to get rid of him, but better that than a year too late.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I thought the Falcons trading Ryan for a 3rd round draft pick a bit odd (even though I can understand why they needed to trade him before he triggered some clauses in his contract).  The QB they picked up from the Raiders, Marcus Mariota worked with our coach when they were both with the Titans, so I guess he's familiar with the systems.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's probably a year too early for the Chiefs to get rid of him, but better that than a year too late.

They got an absolute haul of picks for a non quarterback. I think it was a steal, and my Jets were trying to top the 'Fins in that trade. I'm thankful they didn't win 'cause of how much he went for.

28 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

They got an absolute haul of picks for a non quarterback. I think it was a steal, and my Jets were trying to top the 'Fins in that trade. I'm thankful they didn't win 'cause of how much he went for.

I like the deal for the Chiefs as well (the value of which is a little better than what the Packers got for Davante Adams, which is surprising to me given that the Packers had very little leverage given that whole situation), but the Chiefs don't have anyone in waiting that can really be even 75% of what he gave them, which is why I would say it's a year too early. Still, Mahomes' career with the Chiefs figures to be long and he'll be able to weather situations like this, so "one year too early" is infinitely superior to "one year too late"...whereas the Dolphins are presumably hoping Tua looks like a better version of the guy we saw win 8 out of his last 9 games the previous season to be able to take advantage of that rookie contract.

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

I thought the Falcons trading Ryan for a 3rd round draft pick a bit odd (even though I can understand why they needed to trade him before he triggered some clauses in his contract).  The QB they picked up from the Raiders, Marcus Mariota worked with our coach when they were both with the Titans, so I guess he's familiar with the systems.

He's getting too old for a team that's had a losing record the last 4 years with no real prospect of changing it in the near future (especially repeatedly going 7-9/10 like they have been...), and they seemed to have prioritized sending him where he wanted to go rather than trying to max out compensation.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I'm left wondering whether this was a one-time behavior, or if the odds finally caught up to him. There is a legacy culture of reckless jaywalking in certain urban areas (which I've encountered from time to time). Anyway, it's unfortunate. My sympathies for the family.