nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

I don't understand how you run that QB draw in that position. You're already well within hail mary range. Let's say that draw goes perfectly and you spike the ball with 2 seconds left. How much did the 10 yards of field position you gained by running an EXTREMELY risky play benefit your chances of succeeding on a hail mary you still have to take? Here's a crazy idea: Instead of running that supremely stupid QB draw, how about you run 2 hail mary plays?

The Cowboys got the ball back with 25 seconds left and no timeouts on the 25, in that posirion all you can hope for is a chance at a hail mary. They ran 3 great plays to get well within hail mary range with plenty of time to take not 1 but 2 hail mary shots. Then they ran a QB draw...

732799e82d41662e44bb1f20962012a0.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

is texas, so am not surprised their qb and media indulges in fake news. have mentioned previous how dallas runs a much more simple offense than most other nfl teams, so less responsibilities for dak, but is either his responsibility or the center to get the ball into the hands o' the ref asap during two-minute drill plays. 

fans shoulda' been throwing stuff at dak... though fans throwing stuff is not great, unless is chicago during the late 70s

regardless, am wondering when it is dallas fans realize that it were not the refs but dak who cost 'em a final play.

we didn't watch the tv broadcast and only saw the unedited highlight o' the final play on espn. didn't the booth commentators for the game call out dak for his mistake? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I don't know if the final play of the game was called from the sideline or an audible by Dak, so I don't know who to blame. Either way, I've been watching NFL for the better part of 40 years and that was one of the most inexplicable play calls I've ever seen. Usually, even on terrible play calls I can play devil's advocate and reason out what the play was meant to achieve had it succeeded, but on that QB draw even success would have resulted in a net negative (1 less attempt at a hail mary).

Anyway, the referees were the least of our problems. We played like trash on both sides of the ball. We didn't even attempt to establish the run early on and then later we wonder why play action isn't working. Honestly, we should never even had been in a position to have any chance to come back whatsoever if not for an absolutely horrendous interception by Handsome Jimmy.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

18 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I don't know if the final play of the game was called from the sideline or an audible by Dak, so I don't know who to blame.

as far as losing the opportunity for a final play, it doesn't matter if is called sideline or by dak, 'cause during 2-minute, there is a responsibility to make certain the ball gets to the ref asap so he can set it before the next snap. our experience from college says is qb responsibility, but am s'posing it could be center. cowboys play calling may have been stoopid and it may have been dak or sideline fault regarding the draw, but getting the ball set quick is not a sideline responsibility save for the no doubt hundreds or thousands o' times the 2-minute drill were run in practice to make certain everything goes reflexive in a game, 'cause you don't want your players needing to think 'bout such minutiae in the last seconds o' a game.

if dak or the center didn't know the rules, and their respective responsibilities, then is on coaching staff, but such an outcome is hard to believe. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wait, were people mad that the referee set the ball, costing the Cowboys time? Of course the ref had to set the ball, you can't just set it yourself, even if it is the correct spot. This isn't rugby. Rugby is better. Instead of being disappointed by the Cowboys every year I should probably just watch rugby.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Wait, were people mad that the referee set the ball, costing the Cowboys time? Of course the ref had to set the ball, you can't just set it yourself, even if it is the correct spot. This isn't rugby. Rugby is better. Instead of being disappointed by the Cowboys every year I should probably just watch rugby.

About that... :- Admittedly, it didn't end up working out anyways, but extra points here that it's against the Cowboys, :p.

I think people in the stadium were mad at the refs in general - generally speaking, the home team is penalized less than the away team...whether it's because of home-cooking or just because the away team has more trouble operating when they're not at home and suffering from the crowd noise, it's unusual that the home team was penalized in a number of 49ers drive-extending or Cowboys drive-ending penalties. Howerver, like half of those were completely needless pre-snap penalties...

Don't think it's a wise idea for Dak Prescott to be advocating fans throw stuff at the referees...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It ain't the refs fault that the Cowboys are undisciplined. I'm pretty sure we were the most penalized team in the NFL this year. That catches up with you eventually.

Instead of cheering on dumbasses throwing stuff on the field maybe Dak should work on not choking under pressure.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Is it better to be curbstomped from beginning to end with no chance of ever winning a la the Cardinals, Footballs, or Patriots...or is better to get down big and come back only to be most foully slain at the last moment a la the Cowboys? The latter seems more heart-breaking, but at least you cared and you were invested and it felt like it had meaning and you could've kept going if not for the clock running out...whereas the former is more like "oh, we didn't deserve to be here to begin with, this has all been some kind of great big joke". I guess neither of them feel very good, but in different ways.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Well, my Jets' season is over so I'm already looking at offseason. For the draft I predict that, barring free agency or trades, the Jets will take safety Kyle Hamilton at 4 and linebacker Nakobe Dean at 10 so they can actually field a 4-3 defense instead of the 4-2-5 we had to play last year due to the lack of safeties and linebackers.

• Like 1

Lmao, end of an era in GB to go out like that, methinks.

If I'm the Niners I'm getting Deebo the ball as often as possible, that guy is ridiculous.

I guess I'll root for a Bengals/Rams Superbowl Big Game going forward.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

If I'm the Niners I'm getting Deebo the ball as often as possible, that guy is ridiculous.

I guess I'll root for a Bengals/Rams Superbowl Big Game going forward.

I'd prefer one out of the Bills/Bengals, but Rams are okay too...49ers are not great, and Chiefs and Buccaneers would suck.

Talk about an egg-on-your-face ending, especially what with Aaron Rodgers having gone on another 30 minute crazy rant to ESPN a couple of days ago.

38 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'd prefer one out of the Bills/Bengals, but Rams are okay too...49ers are not great, and Chiefs and Buccaneers would suck.

Talk about an egg-on-your-face ending, especially what with Aaron Rodgers having gone on another 30 minute crazy rant to ESPN a couple of days ago.

At least he's de-wormed.

• Gasp! 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Too many painful playoff losses combined with too much stupid off the field crap has made me empathize even more with @ShadySands' point of view on the NFL, I think. More than anything, I'm just relieved that it's finished - don't have to worry about it any longer, it's done and over with. This season, I at least had the vestigial excitement from early on into the year to just barely keep me going, but I'm not going to have that next year, even if Rodgers were to return and keep playing at an MVP level - I just don't have it in me to be excited about this team anymore. I think I need a long, multi-year break from the NFL. Maybe by the time I want to come back, the Packers will be terrible and there'll be no point in caring at all anyways.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I just don't have it in me to be excited about this team anymore. I think I need a long, multi-year break from the NFL.

This is me after every season over the past 25 years. :-

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

This is me after every season over the past 25 years. :-

I wasn't born into football - it's a relatively new thing for me (2013 season). Probably a lot easier for me to ignore it for a time than people that have been following it for decades. We'll see how I feel in September.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

I wasn't born into football - it's a relatively new thing for me (2013 season). Probably a lot easier for me to ignore it for a time than people that have been following it for decades. We'll see how I feel in September.

Better Born into Football than

718mnCnOrXL._SX300_.jpg

I wasn't born into football either, to me football was (still is) what folks here call soccer until I moved to The States. I have, however, been watching NFL since the late 80s. I've been trying to quit the NFL for years but they nefariously drag me back in every year, though I don't follow it nearly as closely as I once did. I need to figure out how to watch Rugby. Everytime I've seen either Rugby or Australian Rules Football I loved it, but it's just not as widely broadcast here in Murica. Still, the internet is a thing, I bet I can make it happen.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

19 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Better Born into Football than

718mnCnOrXL._SX300_.jpg

I wasn't born into football either, to me football was (still is) what folks here call soccer until I moved to The States. I have, however, been watching NFL since the late 80s. I've been trying to quit the NFL for years but they nefariously drag me back in every year, though I don't follow it nearly as closely as I once did. I need to figure out how to watch Rugby. Everytime I've seen either Rugby or Australian Rules Football I loved it, but it's just not as widely broadcast here in Murica. Still, the internet is a thing, I bet I can make it happen.

Oh boy, no wonder you're a Cowboys fan then...and also, you definitely had it best early on - been rapidly switching between regular season incompetence and post-season gut-punches since then, :p. Can't say you ain't been loyal... As for myself, I think I'll be content with basketball for the time being - at least nobody on the Bucks gives me a headache whenever I think about them.

That Rams vs Bucs game was wild. The Rams absolutely DOMINATED the game for 3 quarters, engaged in one of the most epic bed ****tings of all time by blowing a 24 point lead, then won the game on a crazy drive in the last 40 seconds.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Do we have any Niners fans on this forum? I want to ask them if they watch games with their hands over their faces through their fingers. Handsome Jimmy threw about 5 interceptions in each of the 2 playoff wins and the defenders dropped 4 in each game. He throws some really clutch pinpoint strikes, but he also throws 7 or 8 really terrible and ill-advised passes a game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

59 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Do we have any Niners fans on this forum? I want to ask them if they watch games with their hands over their faces through their fingers. Handsome Jimmy threw about 5 interceptions in each of the 2 playoff wins and the defenders dropped 4 in each game. He throws some really clutch pinpoint strikes, but he also throws 7 or 8 really terrible and ill-advised passes a game.

I'm not really a fan, but most of my buddies are, and they have major issues with him. They go apoplectic at least a couple times a game. I enjoy it because it is fun to troll them. :p

But he does seem to find ways to win when it matters, so I'm not sure why they can't get behind the guy. They also didn't like Alex Smith, which I never understood.

Personally I just root for guys that went to San Jose State...which is a super short list right now. I think I'll get a couple guys going to the draft this year.

Unofficial reports are saying that Tom Brady is going to retire. Pretty crazy if that just happens out of the blue without anyone knowing it the entire season.

I didn't watch much of last week's games after that Packers debacle, but holy crap Batman, the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl - words I didn't think I'd ever say in my lifetime.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1