nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

10 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Not just that, but it's being reported that he's not even vaccinated, which...I have to think leads to a suspension for him at least, possibly fines/docked draft picks for the Packers, because he has clearly not been following the unvaccinated protocols. That, or there's some huge misunderstanding with the media and he is actually vaccinated. Ay, karamba.

Also, he directly said in a press conference that he was vaccinated, so if he was deliberately lying about that (how could he not be if he's not vaccinated?), then...he as a person falls very low in my eyes. That'd be so stupid and dishonest.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

According to what the I've read, the league considered him unvacinated after he tried to negotiate an alternative treatement and they denied him.  Supposedly, as well, he referred to himself as "immunized" rather than "vaccinated" in press conferences.  Weirdly though, he was the only Packer's player who was considered unvaccinating meeting with the press face-to-face, all others were doing zoom, according to what I read, again.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

4 minutes ago, Amentep said:

According to what the I've read, the league considered him unvacinated after he tried to negotiate an alternative treatement and they denied him.  Supposedly, as well, he referred to himself as "immunized" rather than "vaccinated" in press conferences.  Weirdly though, he was the only Packer's player who was considered unvaccinating meeting with the press face-to-face, all others were doing zoom, according to what I read, again.

What a dumb bastard if that's the case. As I've made clear many times in here, I'm pro-player 99% of the time, even when it's guys holding out and directly making my team worse...but this is just such a blood-boilingly stupid deception - worse than just publicly saying you're not vaccinated.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

3 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Everyone I know who's been vaccinated later caught covid. Not sure why you're raking Rodgers over the coals for considering himself immunized and getting covid when the same's true of ever vaccinated player who got covid after the shot.

I take Bartimaeus is mostly raking him over the coals over the seeming misrepresentation that he was vaccinated when he wasn't, and possibly the Packers allowing him to do in-person after game press while other non-vaccinated players were forced to do zoom conferences.

The league and the team seemed to have a different standard with treating Rodgers vs other players.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

38 minutes ago, Amentep said:

The league and the team seemed to have a different standard with treating Rodgers vs other players.

Well, he is, outside of Tommy Terrific, the league's golden boy. As for the vaccines, they're not 100% effective at preventing catching the virus, no drug is ever 100% effective. It just makes you more resistant and you get over it quicker and easier if you do get COVID.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There are a number of athletes who have had covid and struggled to recover. Damian Lee missed the end of the NBA season because of it. Among my friends, I had a few that struggled as well. It wasn't life or death, but for athletes it was a setback.

My mom had COVID last year, before vaccines were out (she's fine). Despite the fact that Rodgers has personally assassinated muh Boys multiple times, I wish the man a speedy and full recovery.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

8 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Everyone I know who's been vaccinated later caught covid. Not sure why you're raking Rodgers over the coals for considering himself immunized and getting covid when the same's true of ever vaccinated player who got covid after the shot.

As Amentep said, because he's a lying moron. At least idiots like Kirk Cousins have the gumption to come out and tell the truth about their position - this dude picked his words so carefully to craft a story with the deliberate intent to deceive everyone.

"Are you vaccinated?"
"Yeah, I'm immunized. There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision, I’m not going to judge those guys."

Nobody in the world except for insane conspiracy theorists would ever reasonably interpret that as anything but him being vaccinated - it's a pretty big breach of trust in player-fans relations, especially when he complains about the team not "going all in" (lmao, you won't even get the vaccine to prevent the worst of this situation possibly occurring, buddy!) and about the media constantly making up "bull****" stories about him (again, you've managed to do that pretty well yourself, pal). And then you throw in very obviously not following the covid protocols and arrogantly thinking he could get away with this lie the entire season...which maybe he could've, if he wasn't literally openly breaking covid protocols as an unvaccinated player to go to Halloween parties.

If he got a breakthrough case of covid while being vaccinated, that would be perfectly fine. Would suck to lose him for the one game against the Chiefs, but that's the new life of covid we find ourselves in, I don't expect these guys to stay home alone for the entire lives, and having the vaccine means you're significantly less likely to contract it and almost certainly not going to have any severe symptoms. Flaunting the protocols to go to parties and crap and putting the entire team at serious risk of needlessly losing critical games while talking through the side of your mouth about the front office and the rest of the team needing to be all in? He literally just had a big speech to the team about "carrying the G the right away" over the weekend...what the ****, Rodgers? And never mind we have to hope that he's alright...there are players that had to sit out the rest of the entire season when they got covid early on last year. Just so dumb and deceptive on his part.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

aaron rodgers lied about being vaccinated. and check the tapes from august preseason games when rogers were not in uniform. he weren't wearing masks while in close proximity to reporters and nfl personnel. so either the packers and nfl didn't know about aaron rodgers vaccination status, or they made a special aaron rodgers rule, which highlights the next question which needs be answered: who knew aaron rodgers was not vaccinated?

regardless, rodgers purposeful mislead, at the very least, reporters and fans. makes kirk cousins look like a bastion o' integrity by comparison? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

aaron rodgers lied about being vaccinated. and check the tapes from august preseason games when rogers were not in uniform. he weren't wearing masks while in close proximity to reporters and nfl personnel. so either the packers and nfl didn't know about aaron rodgers vaccination status, or they made a special aaron rodgers rule, which highlights the next question which needs be answered: who knew aaron rodgers was not vaccinated?

regardless, rodgers purposeful mislead, at the very least, reporters and fans. makes kirk cousins look like a bastion o' integrity by comparison? 

HA! Good Fun!

According to Rapoport, it was an open secret with all the other players on the team - everyone knew, but shockingly it never leaked. Must be the best damned locker room of all time if all 60+ guys knew and all of them were determined to not leak it and not let it be an issue. And the team brass and the NFL brass knew as well, since the Rodgers camp and the NFL had corresponded over it and trying to persuade them to count him as vaccinated for his homeopathy crap, but they didn't go for it. What a crazy secret to keep up until now...and he may have gotten away with it, again, if he wasn't going out to freaking Halloween parties in direct violation of the unvaccinated covid protocols.

• Like 1

Sounds like Dak will play this Sunday. I would still sit him if he's even 90% on Sunday morning, but if he's fully healed up then start him.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

My Jets on a Thursday night game against the Colts. I think the short week will make the Jets look a bit better than they are but given how good the Colts defense is the final score gets out of control in the 4th quarter. 28 - 19 Colts. Mike White does not throw for 400 yards in this game and unlike last week the 2 ints he throws tonight will be solely his fault.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

My Jets on a Thursday night game against the Colts. I think the short week will make the Jets look a bit better than they are but given how good the Colts defense is the final score gets out of control in the 4th quarter. 28 - 19 Colts. Mike White does not throw for 400 yards in this game and unlike last week the 2 ints he throws tonight will be solely his fault.

Him actually looking alright but then getting hurt is the even worse outcome here. J-E-T-S.

Aaron Rodgers got on the Pat McAfee show just now to explain his side of the story, and basically opened up with "I'm allergic to an ingredient that's present in both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and the CDC literally says not to get the vaccine if you are allergic to them...and at the time of consideration, my only other option was the Johnson and Johnson shot, which was in the process of being pulled for some potentially dangerous side effects". I wish that he had stopped talking there, because while that explanation may not have been even close to anywhere "great", it would've at least left me with a better feeling than where it lead to, which was "cancel culture", "**** the protocols", "my good friend Joe Rogan", "if the vaccine's so great, why are you worried about me, bro", et cetera. What an unmitigated disaster.

• Sad 1

And it got worse.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e396c495dc36997d66

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611626cc5efd2aeb2307a

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477hz5vf5p4wrh8jzvyn

Do I even still want to watch the Packers? ...Good lord.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they need to have an opinion on the vaccine and they need to explain it. I leave all my medical decisions to medical professionals. My doctor told me to get it or my doctor told me not to get it is literally the only thing anyone should have to say about it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks they need to have an opinion on the vaccine and they need to explain it. I leave all my medical decisions to medical professionals. My doctor told me to get it or my doctor told me not to get it is literally the only thing anyone should have to say about it.

Well, you're not a critical thinker like Rodgers, you sheep!

But at worst Rodgers seems like an idiot.  Better than this **** bag - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543330/henry-ruggs-iii-drove-156-mph-seconds-fatal-car-crash-prosecutors-say

Would be nice if he got the heaviest sentence, but eh.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

But at worst Rodgers seems like a lying idiot. 

fixed. truth to tell, any explanation rodgers offered were gonna be suspect 'cause, y'know, he already had been lying 'bout his vaccination status.

fans like @Bartimaeus and the woke media is the reason rodgers were forced to lie. 'course you all were gonna qq 'cause some rando old person or unvaccinated kid with health concerns maybe ends up getting sick. is not like rodgers didn't follow most o' the covid protocols--was just press conferences and those preseason games... and that recent party and... etc. so, rodgers chose not experiment with an unproven vaccine, which has now been given to billions o' people and is displaying less frequent serious side effects than taking aspirin. you gonna pretend like that is unreasonable? btw, aaron rodgers got advice from joe rogan, which is just like consulting a reputable medical professional. oh, and hippa.

as crazy, selfish and misguided as such stuff sounds, is not like we ain't seen boardies and multiple other nfl players repeating such crass and ignorant bs, so ain't a big surprise even if is a bit disappointing when you hear rodgers refusing accountability. is just a bit more difficult to cheer for a guy if he is a complete tool bag... unless you are a cowboys fan. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)