nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Just wait until week 10 when McCarthy goes back to Green Bay!

:DRAMABISIMG:

Muh Boys will be 3-6 by then.

• Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Deshaun Watson reaches settlement of 11 games and 5 million fine...less than the 12 games and 10 million fine that the NFL offered to settle with before the judgement and subsequent appeal. Seems pretty abysmal, and I don't understand why the NFL felt the need to settle on a slam-dunk case where being as harsh as possible is what the vast majority of the public wanted.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

38 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Calvin Ridley got a year for betting on his own team to win.

And I get that there's an issue of affecting the "integrity of the game" vs. external stuff that doesn't, but...you think of past incidents like with Ezekiel Elliot who got six games for just one offense. Here's a guy who went through at least a documented 66 masseuses over a 17 month period (a new one nearly every week for a year and a half straight!), which is so weird and fishy that you even have other players coming out and saying that you usually find one or two that you like and stick with them...and twenty-six of them come forward to allege some pretty serious misconduct. He's not even apologetic about it: the most he's offered is a "I'm sorry if I offended you" type apology, which is so insincere to add insult to injury. It just doesn't compute for me. Is it because there's no criminal case or video?

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

It's almost as if you get treated differently and suffer much diminished consequences, if any, when you are highly talented and play at the most valuable position. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

It's almost as if you get treated differently and suffer much diminished consequences, if any, when you are highly talented and play at the most valuable position. 🤔

It's going to be a stain on the NFL to see him playing, and probably booed everywhere he goes. It really should have been treated as a career-ending injury.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

I pay no attention to the NFL off-season, save for the week leading up to and including the draft, so this happened like a week ago but I only just found out about it. Muh Boys' franchise tackle Tyron Smith is out indefinitely following an avulsion fracture of the knee suffered during practice.

tenor.gif

• Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I pay no attention to the NFL off-season, save for the week leading up to and including the draft, so this happened like a week ago but I only just found out about it. Muh Boys' franchise tackle Tyron Smith is out indefinitely following an avulsion fracture of the knee suffered during practice.

tenor.gif

Yeah, it sucks. There's been a few different teams with pretty seriously injured star LTs the past few years, including Packers' Bakhtiari, Cowboys' Tyron Smith, and Ravens' Ronnie Stanley off the top of my head.

Predictions:

Division Winners:

AFC

East: Dolphins

West: Chiefs

North: Bengals

South: Titans

NFC

East: ABSTAIN*

West: Rams

North: Packers

South: Bucs

Superbowl The Big Game: Bengals vs Packers

The Big Game winner: Bengals**

* I cannot, in good faith, pick Muh Boys after our already suspect O Line lost its best player. Picking the Iggles would be grounds for me to commit seppuku. Side note: I am both perplexed and amused by the Iggles media circle jerk. I get picking them to win the NFC East, but folks are picking them to be the #1 seed and go to The Big Game. Jalen Hurts is still their QB, right? I mean, I'm happy they're doing it. It will make the potential Iggles fans schadenfreude that much tastier and schadenfreude is all I have left this season.

** I am an unashamed Joe Burrow schlong rider.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Think McCarthy gets canned if Cowboys don't make the playoffs? Jerry isn't getting any younger...

Division winners, but assuming none of last years' winners repeat because picking previous winners isn't any fun:

AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Chargers
AFC East: Dolphins
AFC South: Colts

NFC North: Vikings
NFC West: Cardinals
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Saints

7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Think McCarthy gets canned if Cowboys don't make the playoffs? Jerry isn't getting any younger...

Division winners, but assuming none of last years' winners repeat because picking previous winners isn't any fun:

AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Chargers
AFC East: Dolphins
AFC South: Colts

NFC North: Vikings
NFC West: Cardinals
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Saints

With any luck, sooner. I'm praying to any and all gods that may be listening that this is a lame duck season and Sean Payton is the Cowboys head coach next year.

giphy.webp

I see you also are a non-believer in the Bills. I thought I was the only one.

Edit: Ninja'd by @Gfted1:ninja:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

12 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Or if Sean Peyton comes out of retirement.

I believe the Saints would still control his rights since he was not fired but rather "retired", but I'm really not sure how much an inhibiting factor that really would be in practice.

10 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I see you also are a non-believer in the Bills. I thought I was the only one.

Note that I said I was only picking non-winners from last year, :p. I'm not really a big believer of gut feeling or intuition about sports due to their incredibly chaotic nature, so I really only have a few strong feelings about this upcoming season:

1. AFC West and NFC West should both be bloodbaths with possibly 6 playoff teams coming from them.
NFC North will probably be bad and should be pretty easy for the Packers to win unless injuries pile up.
3. Packers will inexplicably implode at some point in the playoffs.

Edited by Bartimaeus

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Note that I said I was only picking non-winners from last year, :p. I'm not really a big believer of gut feeling or intuition about sports due to their incredibly chaotic nature, so I really only have a few strong feelings about this upcoming season:

1. AFC West and NFC West should both be bloodbaths with possibly 6 playoff teams coming from them.
NFC North will probably be bad and should be pretty easy for the Packers to win unless injuries pile up.
3. Packers will inexplicably implode at some point in the playoffs.

I mostly went chalk except the Fins pick. I'm not a believer in the Bills, plus I still think Tua will be good. Father Time will catch up with Tom Brady at some point and I think this is the year, the Bucs still have enough talent to take the division, though. Conversely, I think Rodgers has 1 more MVP-level season in him, hence why I have them going to The Big Game. They're going to lose to my boy Joe Burrow and the Bengals, though. Sorry @Bartimaeus

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Going back to the Super Bowl would be pretty cool at least, :shrugz:.

I don't care all that much about any teams, but I am back on the fantasy football wagon after years of not playing, so I'll be paying some attention. The 49ers are a big deal around here, and all my friends live and due by them, so naturally I enjoy it when they struggle. :p

I'd like to see Derek Carr do well since he went to Fresno State.

Since Carr was drafted in 2014, Raiders had been my secondary/AFC team up until Gruden became their head coach. I'm not sure if I should go back to liking them again now that he's finally gone.

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Since Carr was drafted in 2014, Raiders had been my secondary/AFC team up until Gruden became their head coach. I'm not sure if I should go back to liking them again now that he's finally gone.

Jack Del Rio got a raw deal there for sure. I hope he is a bit vindicated by the way Gruden was shown the door.

• Like 1

It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. Did not believe one bit in the Packers the moment I heard our two star tackles were still out.

(e): Meanwhile, Cowboys season may well realistically be over at 0-1 with all the injuries.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

I'm getting a kick out of the talking heads whose job it is to make hot takes suggesting that the Cowboys should dump Dak and just stick with Cooper Rush. In the immortal words of the great Bill Parcells "let's put away the anointing oil for now." :lol:

I will say this about muh Boys, our defense is legit. Micah Parsons is like a slasher movie monster; dude can just appear anywhere at any time, there's no escaping him. You can't scheme against him because we can put him anywhere back there. He's a legit generational talent.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸