nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

Seems to me the only team that has looked consistently good the entire season is the Eagles...and maybe the Chiefs. I've seen too much ugly, inconsistent football from everyone else. Great teams losing games is perfectly normal over a 16...17 game season, but I'm not seeing very many great teams even with that in mind.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Even the Eagles had a 3 or 4 week stretch where they looked very beatable and did lose once, but have been the most consistently great team.

Muh Boys are extremely frustrating because all the pieces are there. When we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot we're dominant on both sides of the ball. We got away with the turnovers against the Colts and Texans because those teams are terrible, but if we do that in the playoffs... Well, it will be the standard one and done for muh Boys.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈRFK Jr 2024πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As difficult as it is to believe, the Packers still somehow have a route to the playoffs...if they win out. If they win out, it's not *that* unlikely they could make it, but it is pursuant to a few different requirements. I do not believe this will happen for the simple reason that the idea of the Packers winning out is ludicrous and the most unlikely thing to happen out of everything, but:

Spoiler

A. Lions are currently ahead of them by 1 game, but the Packers winning out would include defeating them in the final game of the season, and it would place them ahead in tiebreakers even if the Lions win the rest of their games.

B. Commanders and Giants are ahead of them by 2.5 games, but the Commanders play Cowboys, 49ers, Browns...and Giants; the Giants play the Vikings, Colts, Eagles...and Commanders. If both of these teams lose the games they're expected to (for the Commanders, the Cowboys and 49ers; for the Giants, the Vikings and Eagles) and then one of them loses to each other and they don't freaking tie again, the one that loses would be behind the Packers. If both teams lose 3 games each and the Packers win out (maybe the Commanders also lose to the Browns and then beat the Giants?), the Packers are in. If both teams win at least 2 games, the Packers are dead.

C. If only one of them is eliminated, the last team in the Packers' way would be the Seahawks, who play the 49ers, Chiefs, Rams, and Jets. The Seahawks have lost 3 of their last 4, including to the Panthers, Raiders, and Buccaneers, and have lost 6 of their 8 inter-conference (of a total of 10, so 2 more to play) games; the Packers have already won 4 of theirs and would obviously have more if they win out, so if the Seahawks lose 2 of their last games and the Packers win out, Packers are in as well, and I'd say winning 3 of them seems unlikely at this point.

Again, requires the Packers to win out, and they have the Rams, Dolphins, Vikings, and Lions left to play. However, it is a pretty possible path. Give me that little bit of hopium, at least to care enough to keep tuning in, :yes:.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I had a brain fart - for some reason, I was imagining that the Cowboys would become the #2 seed if the Vikings were to fall out of it, but of course, duh, Eagles are division winners, so Cowboys would just be a wild card, thus denying us a Packers-Cowboys playoff rematch in the event of the Packers magically making it, :p.

Spoiler

Not that they're going to.

By the way...Jalen Hurts seems like he's gonna be MVP, :o.

Edited by Bartimaeus

EPIC bed $#!+ting going on by the Vikings right now.Β :lol:

Edit: Followed by an even more epic bed $#!+ting by the Colts in the 2nd half.🀣

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 1

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

cowboys :facepalm:

Well, I said muh Boys would have a stupid loss in this stretch of easy games, and here it is. I'm not bothered because it was inevitable. At least it happened after we already secured a playoff spot. Wins and losses don't matter that much for the rest of the regular season. What matters is that Dak needs to figure out how to stop throwing interceptions.

• Hmmm 1

The NFC South is the saddest division. The Bucs lost again, fell to 6 - 8 AND YET they still lead the division.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

It's entirely possible that a 7 - 10 team is going to be hosting a playoff game come January. That's just wrong.

The only thing muh Boys have left to play for in the regular season is the right to play whatever dog$#!+ pee wee football team emerges from the NFC South. The most depressing part is that we'll lose that game, because the Cowboys always lose in the playoffs.

Edited by Keyrock

The Pats had the dumbest play I've ever seen to end the game against the Raiders. I know I'll get a smarta$$ comment about the butt fumble, but I can explain the butt fumble with physics. Not a single law of science, man, or religion can explain any the myriad of stupid things the Pats players and coaches did on that last play.

• Haha 2

On 12/19/2022 at 10:35 AM, Keyrock said:

The NFC South is the saddest division. The Bucs lost again, fell to 6 - 8 AND YET they still lead the division.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

It's entirely possible that a 7 - 10 team is going to be hosting a playoff game come January. That's just wrong.

The only thing muh Boys have left to play for in the regular season is the right to play whatever dog$#!+ pee wee football team emerges from the NFC South. The most depressing part is that we'll lose that game, because the Cowboys always lose in the playoffs.

firefox_CM4oxdDy6N.png

firefox_Lzr6sGeY2F.png

firefox_N3MBchut8R.png

Post with images, people - it's the way of the future!

Edited by Bartimaeus

With yesterday's win over a Minshew-led Eagles and the Giants loss to the Vikings, muh Boys are essentially locked in the #5 seed. We can't fall any lower than that and the combinationΒ for us to take the division of both us winning out and the Eagles losing their last 2 is extremely unlikely. We'll be losing to whatever terrible team comes out of the NFC South come January.

• Like 1

@BartimaeusEverything turned up roses for the Packers. They won and every single team they need to leapfrog lost. Inexplicably, they can still make the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers is going to sneak into the playoffs so that he can murder muh Boys yet again, isn't he?πŸ˜–

Edited by Keyrock
  • Hmmm 1

Ugh, I'm so conflicted. I was perfectly content with muh Boys being the #5 seed and losing to the garbage team that least loses the NFC South in the wild card round. However, with the Eagles again slipping on a banana peel there is a scenario where Dallas is the #1 seed and gets the bye, meaning we get to have our customary exit from the playoffs a week later. So, do I root for the Vikings to essentially eliminate serial Cowboy murderer Aaron Rodgers from the playoff hunt or do I root for... I can't possibly bring myself to root for the Packers.

• Thanks 1

r.i.p. bozo

• Confused 1

They put the Boys at Bucs game on Monday night, I guess to delay our early exit from the playoffs as long as possible. Obviously, I'd love it if we went on a run and won the Superbowl The Big Game. Since that ain't happening, the next best scenario would be us getting blown out in super embarrassing fashion, 45-3 or something like that, McCarthy getting canned and Jerry backing up a shipping container full of money to Sean Payton's house. What will actually happen is that we'll lose in the most gut wrenching manner possible, McCarthy will be back next year and I'll hate everything.

I guess once we inevitably lose I'll be rooting for Big πŸ“ Brock and the Niners.

At one point in the game last Sunday Dak threw a pick 6 but the defender dropped it. I guess Dak must have felt the guy deserved another chance because on the very next play he threw another pick 6 to the same defender and this time the guy hung on to it and took it to the endzone. Dak was ATROCIOUS in that game.

airplane-suicide.gif

Today we have C-Hox at Niners and Bolts at Jags. I'm torn on the first game since the Geno redemption arc is such a fun story. However, I can't root against Big πŸ” Brock, therefore I must root for the Niners. I'm rooting for the Jags in the second game.

Crazy come from behind win for the Jags. Trevor Lawrence threw 4 (4!) picks in the first half and the Jags were down by 27, then they played really well in the second half and somehow dug themselves out of that deep hole.