What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

Tomb Raider since it was free on Steam.

Game suffers from pacing issues due to checklist syndrome. GPS caches? Check. Relics? Check. Documents? Check. Challenges? Check! Aside from that it's fun and pretty decent.

Eh, and no way Lara survives falling into that rebar spike.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Wait till she survives being wrapped around a tree... that is generally the point the game looses me... as well, as endless chain of explosions that follows soon after. 

I did like the sequel much better, and am yet to play 3rd one. 

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Wait till she survives being wrapped around a tree... that is generally the point the game looses me... as well, as endless chain of explosions that follows soon after. 

I did like the sequel much better, and am yet to play 3rd one. 

Considering how much of a beating Lara can take in the cutscenes I had to laugh at Roth dying from that little axe hit in the back. He really should have had her tank the hit. :p

• Haha 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Mercenary starts a Knock Down strike against Aloth. Aloth knocks him back with a Grimoire Slam, while Eder tries to pull the merc with Into The Fray. The merc, two thirds through his activation, but now halfway between Aloth and Eder, turns around, runs up to Eder and completes the Knock Down without losing any progress.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Predator Hunting Grounds weekend trial.

It's pretty good actually, it does the movie near 100% justice with its themes.  It doesn't raise any bars gameplay wise but who needs that when sometimes "Get to the choppa" is sufficient.

So yeah, if you loved the movie and want a perfect blend cognitive mix it in a game, throw some cash on it.  It's really fun stalking people as the Predator, hopping through high tree branches and using IR vision and cloak to zap your prey. 

NWN EE

I was planning to wait at least one more year before I would play this, since Beamdog's enhanced editions need quite a lot of time before they start to feel actually enhanced for me, but here we are. Performance was fine, I guess. My fps is between 30-40 so that is fine, but on the other hand NWN is 18 years old. It should run better that.

Maybe this just the quarantine speaking, but Original Campaign wasn't so bad. It was just mediocre and too long. 6.5/10

I just finished the first chapter of Shadows of Undertide and I'm enjoying it so far. You can actually finish quests in multiple ways and areas are more varied.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It's probably the quarantine 😛

Actually the OC was okayish in the first two acts. Beginning with the third, it went downhill :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

After Black Mesa I did some Half-Life 2 marathoning. After Episode 1 I remembered why I hated the Episodes enough to not bother with Episode 2.

It's just more of the same stretched way too thin. And not even usually the best parts of it. Like I'm pretty sure every Half-Life 2 installment has a bit where you're crossing toxic sludge by tediously shuffling objects about to stand on. Why?!?!?!?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Again two more hours of Pillars of Eternity, and I was able to approach the Radiant Spore without being obliterated in few seconds! The big bad spore mind-controller fell after a glorious battle!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 3/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, majestic said:

Tomb Raider since it was free on Steam.

Game suffers from pacing issues due to checklist syndrome. GPS caches? Check. Relics? Check. Documents? Check. Challenges? Check! Aside from that it's fun and pretty decent.

Rise is better and Shadow is much better. Shadow is a legit good game IMHO. The reboot series becomes more actual Tomb Raider and less Geara of Lara as it progresses. For example, the sequels have actual tombs to raid. Heck, Shadow even has a couple that aren't completely insultingly easy. Still too easy for my tastes, but better than the Baby's First Platforming Puzzle crap that passes for challenge tombs in the first reboot game.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bannerlords is in early access on steam now. Not sure if I should risk another early access title or rather wait.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Loren: The Amazon Princess. It is a visual novel with turn-based combat and Loren is not the protagonist. So far, I am still at the first chapter, but the story and lore look interesting.

Okami HD. I defeated Orochi and acquired my first sword. This multistage boss battle felt much more engaging, than the previous ones.

20 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Rise is better and Shadow is much better. Shadow is a legit good game IMHO. The reboot series becomes more actual Tomb Raider and less Geara of Lara as it progresses. For example, the sequels have actual tombs to raid. Heck, Shadow even has a couple that aren't completely insultingly easy. Still too easy for my tastes, but better than the Baby's First Platforming Puzzle crap that passes for challenge tombs in the first reboot game.

Still, barring the tombs, I found Rise to be the better of the series, certainly when it came to portraying Lara, and just storytelling in general.

Reboot and Shadow appear to have been written by the same people, Rise feels like a (and, imho, better) different team.

Let the Rise people do the writing and the other folks do the tomb designing and I'll be a happy camper.

(still gotta finish Shadow, the story was so cringe, even compared to reboot, that I just parked it)

Tried Cities Skylines, sort of interesting that it eats up 9 GB of memory and all I have is a town of 1000 people.  Apparently the more DLCs you have the worse it gets.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 hours ago, Lexx said:

Bannerlords is in early access on steam now. Not sure if I should risk another early access title or rather wait.

i have it and I regret it, honestly just fire up first game if you got the itch, its very similar, even in graphics department...  seriously I dont understand what they were developing for all those years...

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The Next Big Thing is not terrible but nothing great. But considering the last adventure games I've played - Syberia 3, Still Life 1 and 2,  I cannot complain.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 3/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, Skazz said:

Ah, Vampyr. Granted, it's a bit rough around the edges, but I can't help but applaud what the developers tried to do with that game (i.e. the social network stuff).

Also, the atmosphere.

What is darkness but lurking sun?
What is wall but enslaved stone?
What is glass but tortured sand?
What is a song but a call to arms?
What is hate but jilted love?
What is life but death stranding pending?

I hope you will have fun with it all the way through!

I just finished Vampyr and it was a good game and enjoyable experience, its gets a solid 70/100  on the globally trusted and highly respected  " BruceVC gaming rating score  system " 

Initially I was frustrated  when I  battled to beat certain Bosses like Fergal but then I realized it was because of the level differences, he was 18 and I was 13 or so and I accepted I would have to feed on people who I liked but I needed there blood to advance and save London. I felt guilty about certain civilians I killed but I justified it as I was saving the country so I considered it there sacrifice to save many more people 😎

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I just finished Vampyr and it was a good game and enjoyable experience, its gets a solid 70/100  on the globally trusted and highly respected  " BruceVC gaming rating system " 

Initially I was frustrated  when I  battled to beat certain Bosses like Fergal but then I realized it was because of the level differences, he was 18 and I was 13 or so and I accepted I would have to feed on people who I liked but I needed there blood to advance and save London. I felt guilty about certain civilians I killed but I justified it as I was saving the country so I considered it there sacrifice to save many more people 😎

I found that, while irksome, the growing level difference in no-kill runs can be managed by abusing the Blood Shield (iirc, not sure if that was the exact name) power. Each level invested allows you to absorb one enemy hit regardless of damage or stat differences, which is a godsend when enemies start two-shotting your character. With proper point use, you can set up an easily renewable safety buffer to fight back and make mistakes which imho significantly flattens the difficulty curve of the game.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skazz said:

I found that, while irksome, the growing level difference in no-kill runs can be managed by abusing the Blood Shield (iirc, not sure if that was the exact name) power. Each level invested allows you to absorb one enemy hit regardless of damage or stat differences, which is a godsend when enemies start two-shotting your character. With proper point use, you can set up an easily renewable safety buffer to fight back and make mistakes which imho significantly flattens the difficulty curve of the game.

Thats a good tip, I never progressed in Blood Shield but I should have it has some serious advantages :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Before  I move onto my next single player game I have been playing some RDR2 online, its early days and Im enjoying it so far

Has anyone played it before and what is your view on RDR2 online? I see some missions you need to do it with other players and so far my biggest complaint is I dont always find other players online to help me complete the missions 🤔

John Milton 

Just beat 'Control'.

All-in-all, a solid title, but like other games in the modern era, they manage to push physics and hardware limitations but don't really raise the gameplay bar in any significant way, they just find ways to push more gimmicks.  I found the plot to good but nothing spectacular, as focusing on nuance was never really my strong suit.

Worth the purchase, but if you have a backlog of titles you need to get through, not worth bumping them aside for it.