The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

Amentep

Hilary has 30 years of experience.

Ivanka is H0T.

I side with Ivanka. :)

Well, of course I mean...

But some people will still be gullible enough to think that our President would gamble using his daughter's email to smuggle in illegal or treasonous information or convincing his daughter to do so.

Ivanka is just a business person (and quite literally), Hillary is a full-scale politician. So it's not very intelligent to hear/read people compare the two, then again, this isn't uncommon and I shouldn't be surprised.

Keep in mind though, that's just my perspective on the whole ordeal. I will happily accept I wrong granted the proper evidence be revealed saying otherwise.

White House lays down new rules for reporters.

https://youtu.be/9vhoZ7cXHBs

I know many hate Fox but since CNN and NBC are saying/reporting the same exact thing and since I linked CNN and NBC before, I thought a well-deserved Fox link was permitted atm. God bless Fox news and their overly attractive brainy women!!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Did the vote go the same way both times? The article doesn’t really say. It does give them a reason to say ‘Go back and do it right’ when the obstruction is clearly political.

It did.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-22/u-k-commits-to-align-with-eu-rules-on-trade-of-goods-doc

There's also a video going around with Albanians burning Serbian products, which our politicians are comparing to nazis burning books.

Edited by Sarex

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-22/u-k-commits-to-align-with-eu-rules-on-trade-of-goods-doc

There's also a video going around with Albanians burning Serbian products, which our politicians are comparing to nazis burning books.

More akin to people burning sports jerseys in protest, I wouldn't compare 100% replaceable products with potentially irreplaceable books.

Though with todays digital print media, the information in books are somewhat less likely to be lost forever, but still, not every book has been digitized.

Edited by smjjames

Not sure how you make the logical leap from burning food to burning books.... I guess they just want to complain that people are burning 'ethnic goods' and compare them to Nazis just because.

I don't understand why you are defending it. They are burning food because it is Serbian, just as the Nazis burned Jewish books and other belongings.

Edited by Sarex

*sigh* How is food the same as books? Crops grown in Serbia can be grown elsewhere (unless maybe they’re uniquely Serbian varieties). If they were burning stuff that would be irreplaceable like personal belongings of Serbians, yes, that should be condemned. But that is not actually what they’re doing, are they?

Remember how the US was all renaming French Fries ‘Freedom Fries’ after France made us upset? It’s not too different from that. Also, they’re burning stuff exported to Albania, which is s totally different situation from Nazi Germany.

Edited by smjjames

We have people burn and otherwise destroy things (music, books, religious texts, etc) they don't like and nobody cares most of the time as they're basically burning their own money.

But yeah, the Nazi comparison is a big stretch for those not named Volo.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Because it doesn't matter what the object is, what matters is the intent behind it. Would it make you feel better to know that before this they burned Serbian churches and demolished Serbian cemeteries?

We have people burn and otherwise destroy things (music, books, religious texts, etc) they don't like and nobody cares most of the time as they're basically burning their own money.

But yeah, the Nazi comparison is a big stretch for those not named Volo.

https://www.b92.net/video/vesti.php?yyyy=2018&mm=11&dd=22&nav_id=1472752

When the burning is motivated by ethnicity it makes a big difference. Also in the context of what they are doing with the tariffs it paints a bigger picture.

Edited by Sarex

cavaliers-fans-burning-lebron-james-jers

We burn stuff for good reason in the US!

:lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Sarex: Do you even know 100% for sure they're the exact same people who burned churches or desecrated cemertaries, like you know 100% those people in the video shown also burned churches? No, you don't. You can't know the intent of the people burning the food without asking them or if they explictly said why. If they said so in the video, I'm gonna need someone impartial to translate as I don't know Albanian.

Look, I get it as far as being upset about burning something ethnic or being a national symbol. I don't like it either when people burn the US flag in other countries, but I don't compare those to Nazis.

As ShadySands said, all they're doing is burning their own money, they aren't destroying other peoples property. If they were ransacking Serbian homes and burning their food, yes that would be nazi-like. Theres also this thing called free speech, you can burn your own stuff if you wanted to (local regulations pending anyway), but you definetly can't go and ransack and burn other peoples stuff.

Edited by smjjames

@Sarex: Do you even know 100% for sure they're the exact same people who burned churches or desecrated cemertaries, like you know 100% those people in the video shown also burned churches? No, you don't. You can't know the intent of the people burning the food without asking them or if they explictly said why. If they said so in the video, I'm gonna need someone impartial to translate as I don't know Albanian.

Look, I get it as far as being upset about burning something ethnic or being a national symbol. I don't like it either when people burn the US flag in other countries, but I don't compare those to Nazis.

As ShadySands said, all they're doing is burning their own money, they aren't destroying other peoples property. If they were ransacking Serbian homes and burning their food, yes that would be nazi-like. Theres also this thing called free speech, you can burn your own stuff if you wanted to (local regulations pending anyway), but you definetly can't go and ransack and burn other peoples stuff.

They said it in English: "Made in Serbia".

I am not upset, just spreading the word as the Western media is disinterested in any wrongdoings done by the Albanians. Had the Serbs done anything to answer this the western media would have been filled with stories withing the hour.

This whole thing is simply a provocation. The Albanians sent their militia to withing 3 minutes of travel distance from the Serbian settlements in Kosovo as means to respond to any reaction from the Serbs.

Apparently the "woke" people are pissed off about a scene in a 45 year old children's cartoon written by a man who has been dead almost 19 years. https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/11/22/charlie-brown-thanksgiving-racist-franklin-scene/#5

Boy (correction, appropriate non-gendered identity specific noun implying imperative exclamation) I hope thy never read Huckleberry Finn or Catcher in the Rye. They WILL have a conniption.

Speaking of burning stuff how far off are we from the PC zombies burning every copy of everything ever made or written prior to 2008? Not too far I'm guessing. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Given the Kosovan response to getting caught trading organs of kidnapped Serbs- literally literally, and high up government officials implicated not Mohammed ibn Random- they shouldn't be anywhere near Interpol membership for the forseeable future. Then again, given the NATO response to Kosovan organ trading, kidnapping, ethnic cleansing and murder was running interference for it and covering it up the monumental butthurt from the west about the possibility of a Russian becoming Interpol's head was also monumentally hypocritical; as if the stupidity of using force to break up countries wasn't enough of a moronic and hypocritical precedent to set. But muh ethnic cleansing, in which 3x as many Serbs died proportionately as Kosovans.

Gotta have that one intervention 'success' story though to mitigate all the other times it's been a complete unmitigated disaster though. Favourite fun Kosovo fact: during the refugee crisis the 2nd most refugees didn't come from Iraq or Afghanistan, Kosovo had nearly as many as those two countries, combined. Indeed, they were only just behind fricking Syria. Great success, the best success etc etc.

The trend towards weaponising international institutions* is stupid, hypocritical yet hilarious when it doesn't go the way we in the west want even with procedural tricks.

*Reminder: the impartial OPCW literally literally (ok, figuratively) buried 40% of the Khan Skeikhoun chemical weapons victims turning up to hospital before the supposed bomb was dropped (and it's still clearly rocket debris) in their appendices, yet- well, as a consequence, since from the west's pov that is Working As Intended- we want them to be able to blame people without UN involvement. That is, literally literally, ignoring causality and if you do that you can blame anyone for anything.

• Like 1

Boy (correction, appropriate non-gendered identity specific noun implying imperative exclamation) I hope thy never read Huckleberry Finn or Catcher in the Rye. They WILL have a conniption.

Did you miss the commotion about banning Huckleberry Finn from schools because of the n-word a while back? :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Observation: Volourn and Jim Carey might be the same person. Has anyone seen them together at the same time?

After 20 years I'm almost 100% sure that Volo is actually an online form of folie à plusieurs. Like an inverse Eldar - we're all alts of Eldar but Volo is an alt of us all.

Eh... or have you seen Volo anywhere else? He's only around because we expect him to be, wheverer there are more than a few posters that are somehow linked to Black Isle. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Is this really the consequences, its very extreme and paints a grim picture of the USA and the potential damage to many aspects to civil society?

But I didnt absorb much of the content, its not my strong point and I find I lose interest.  I relied on a pseudo form of speed reading so I can ratiocinate and consider the consequences. Maybe someone else can study it in detail and summarize the salient warnings ?

Consider the quote at the end 

"If we're going to run this country like a business, it's time to address climate as the threat multiplier we know it is before more lives are lost," said Robert Bullard, an environmental scientistat Texas Southern University.
"In Houston, communities of color have endured back to back major weather events without the acknowledgment from Washington that climate change is the cause. We've known for years that it's true and it's important to our organizing and our local policy efforts that information like this is not only considered, but believed and acted upon."
Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela