Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Political Thread - Burlamaqui edition

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5160 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

"Change, my dear.  And it seems not a moment too soon."

Start of Old Thread

End of Old Thread

Never thought of you to be the religious type :)

Never thought of you to be the religious type :)

Yes, but in this context you are the sand.

• SonicMage117 and BernardC like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
With the new thread beginning and the last insult which I cannot counter, it's time I took my walk of shame and continued RDR2. I may or may not return later, depending if you all would like to have me back or not.

Until then, faretheewell my fellow acorn horders! The winter draws night!!

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't trust Dailywire. Their prejudice is clearly obvious so I believe this has to be hoax. Please tell me there if no evidence elsewhere that this was actually written;

https://www.dailywir...9H4FpFktd-7hdjo

If it is FAKE NEWS, he should sue.

If it is true, LMAO.

smjjames

smjjames

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I don't trust Dailywire. Their prejudice is clearly obvious so I believe this has to be hoax. Please tell me there if no evidence elsewhere that this was actually written;

If it is true, LMAO.

My first thought was 'where's the actual quotation that is being referred to?' since the target of the lashout isn't actually shown.

You said yourself that you don't trust dailywire anyway, so....

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5301 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

If it is true, LMAO.

The links to each tweet are provided—just click on the timestamp.

https://twitter.com/...527635114852352

https://archive.fo/nYrBL

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Lawmakers in the Ohio House have continued a lame-duck session by approving a so-called anti-abortion "heartbeat bill."

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.

The GOP-controlled House voted 58-35 Thursday in favor of the legislation, which does not include exceptions for rape or incest. The legislation goes next to the Senate.

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. Republican Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) vetoed a similar bill in December 2016, siding with opponents who contend it is unconstitutional.

smjjames

smjjames

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

If it is true, LMAO.

The links to each tweet are provided—just click on the timestamp.

https://twitter.com/...527635114852352

https://archive.fo/nYrBL

Sounds like people taking possible sarcasm WAY out of context and triggerraging like flaming snowflakes (which could actually physically work if the ice was methane. Said flaming snowflakes would be ephemeral anyhow).

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Lawmakers in the Ohio House have continued a lame-duck session by approving a so-called anti-abortion "heartbeat bill."

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.

The GOP-controlled House voted 58-35 Thursday in favor of the legislation, which does not include exceptions for rape or incest. The legislation goes next to the Senate.

The stringent proposal would ban abortions in Ohio after the first fetal heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. Republican Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) vetoed a similar bill in December 2016, siding with opponents who contend it is unconstitutional.

I wonder what the difference is between the two if they found a similar bill unconstitutional two years ago? Also, Kasich isn't actually out of office until January, so, he could still veto it.

Edited by smjjames, 17 November 2018 - 12:35 AM.

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 783 posts

Sounds like people taking possible sarcasm WAY out of context

sarcasm noun [ U ] UK ​ /ˈsɑː.kæz.əm/ US ​ /ˈsɑːr.kæz.əm/
​the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticize something in a humorous way.

Which part of the Rep. comment was sarcastic? He might tried to be funny or witty, but came out dumb and stupid.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2483 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ughhh...don't know what to make of this.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"Sounds like people taking possible sarcasm WAY out of context and triggerraging like flaming snowflakes (which could actually physically work if the ice was methane. Said flaming snowflakes would be ephemeral anyhow)."

That doesn't sound like sarcasm. that is typical SJW Nazi speech. They are so anti violence they will prove it by using violence to get their way.   Afterall, that is how both Antifa and BLM work.

99% of people  are anti violence or pro violence depending on who the target is.

Edited by Volourn, 17 November 2018 - 05:18 AM.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 594 posts

Something to look forward to: https://www.politico...ent-2020-975846

So, how much does it cost to build a Vault and which one should a model it after? Oh wait, that last question is easy. Vault 34 of course!

Edit: Curious how none of the "left" leaning MSM has reported Swalwell's comment. Even in jest is is at the very least in poor taste for a political leader with presidential ambitions to carelessly joke about ordering the incineration millions of Americans for refusing to follow a law that violates their Constitutional rights. No bias in the media though. 

Edited by Guard Dog, 17 November 2018 - 05:59 AM.

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2209 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ughhh...don't know what to make of this.

"The spice crude must flow." - The World Probably

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9303 posts

"Edit: Curious how none of the "left" leaning MSM has reported Swalwell's comment. Even in jest is is at the very least in poor taste for a political leader with presidential ambitions to carelessly joke about ordering the incineration millions of Americans for refusing to follow a law that violates their Constitutional rights. No bias in the media though."

literally obliterating the opposition is what leftists are prone to do

but so are rightists

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nothing in that lien of comments of his suggest he was joking. I bet he would do that if he could. He would **** it to it. But, I agree with Hoondig though. The right are the same way. theyw ould love to destroy their opponents too. Like I said, people are pro or anti violence depending on who the target is.

P.S. Anyone else angry at ****hole countries who treat their citizens so poorly that  they feel the need to flee to a Nazi KKK country like US?  How much a of a ****hole do you have to be that actively choosing  the biggest racist ever Donald Trump as your president is the better alternative. L0LZ

Edited by Volourn, 17 November 2018 - 12:28 PM.

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

He is clearly idiot or at least he has not though things through. 

First nukes are very poor choice of weapons to suppress revolt, as even if they are used to destroy those who rebel against government they will always cause catastrophic damage to civilians and infrastructure in scale which rebelling people most likely never could achieve by themselves. Meaning that it would be just government shooting themself in their own foot.

Second military, especially USA's military has much efficient weapons to use against armed rebellion.

But at end whole scenario is mostly idiotic, because government that starts to persecute people they usually have support of majority of the people which means that usually majority of civilian owned weapons are used to help government to persecute people instead of protecting people from government's persecution. Meaning that second amended more likely protects government from people than people from government.

smjjames

smjjames

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Basically just another 'politician says something really dumb on twitter' or 'politician tries the equivalent of ****posting on twitter and fails'. Also, he has said he's going to run or is planning on it, but hasn't officially declared yet I don't believe.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9303 posts

If you don't kill your enemies, they win.

• Volourn likes this

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5301 posts

Fallout 76 has done real damage.

• Malcador likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 594 posts

The point being Trump's every political uttering on Twitter from the day he announced in 2014 to this very day is front page news. And good lord has he given them s--t to talk about. But this guy says something as stupid as any of that and you only read about it on f-----g Breibart, Daily Caller, and Fox News? Bias is found more in what CNN, MSNBC, etc decline to report than in what they do report. It's popular to cry "fake news" which is pretty weak in that what is reported as news is all true. But it's not all the truth. What they decline to cover is telling. 

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3018 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The point being Trump's every political uttering on Twitter from the day he announced in 2014 to this very day is front page news. And good lord has he given them s--t to talk about. But this guy says something as stupid as any of that and you only read about it on f-----g Breibart, Daily Caller, and Fox News? Bias is found more in what CNN, MSNBC, etc decline to report than in what they do report. It's popular to cry "fake news" which is pretty weak in that what is reported as news is all true. But it's not all the truth. What they decline to cover is telling.

Well Trump was a pretty big celebrity before running for president and I never heard of this dude before he talked about launching the nukes. The media's biggest bias is towards sensationalism, and Trump provides more of it than some dude from the bay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users