RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

I never played WH40K because I always thought it was for dorks. :p

Thanks for lecturing me, fellas but I have seen enough sci-fi to know that SC is one of my absolute favorites. WH40K has too much fantasy for me, SC on the other hand is brutal and rugged. Note that I haven't played SC2 yet and I probably never will so that's another story for another time.

Btw, I am one of the few people on this planet who thinks that the movie 'ALIEN' is overrated. *runsforcover*

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

BURN THE HERETIC!

burn-the-heretic-kill-the-mutant-purge-t

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 6

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Thanks for lecturing me, fellas but I have seen enough sci-fi to know that SC is one of my absolute favorites. WH40K has too much fantasy for me, SC on the other hand is brutal and rugged. Note that I haven't played SC2 yet and I probably never will so that's another story for another time.

Btw, I am one of the few people on this planet who thinks that the movie 'ALIEN' is overrated. *runsforcover*

LoL

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The Tyranid hive-mind is a cheap copy of Cthulhu in space. :p

not at all, if anything Dark Gods are Cthulhu in space (but Cthulhu are space horrors originally so not sure where are you aiming with it)

This is just my opinion, but W40K always sounded extremely gay to me.

In case you have seen humans with a different opinion in your lives(one should suffice) then there should be no need for further discussion. But hey, this is the Internet so who am I kidding...

WH40K has too much fantasy for me, SC on the other hand is brutal and rugged.

40k has plenty of brutal and rugged, setting has a lot of lore. Granted some of it veers into grimderp territory (I like the fact they manually load shells the size of buildings).

Anyway, you're not wrong for not liking 40k :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As Primarch Vulkan put it:

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

If this isn't brutal and rugged, then I don't know what is.

Edited by Skazz

But the most awesome piece of 40k related media is the one thing that's not grimdark

If for nothing else than setting off all the insecure fans :p

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

For someone like me, who has lived most his life in Iran, that just sounds like another sunday. :p

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a movie to watch:

https://youtu.be/JMe0XeWI1zo

Edited by Katphood

I also didn't liked that gothic aestetics of WH40K at start, it seemed strange for 'future' setting but lore behinde it actually make it really interesting and grimdark

There's opinions and opinions.

When you say "WH40k sounds gay to me", I'll say "Fair enough, I'm certain many homosexuals enjoy reading about homophobic societies"

When you say "WH40K has too much fantasy for me, SC on the other hand is brutal and rugged" I'll say "You don't really know jack **** about 40k, do you?"

In case you have seen humans with a different opinion in your lives(one should suffice) then there should be no need for further discussion. But hey, this is the Internet so who am I kidding...

If what you want is sharing opinions without there being any possibility of discussing them, start a blog, not much of a need for discussion boards.

Or... Y'know... Just ignore the replies.

For someone like me, who has lived most his life in Iran, that just sounds like another sunday. :p

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a movie to watch:

try this one:

So... this is a Warhammer fanboy forum too. Who knew? :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

There's opinions and opinions.

When you say "WH40k sounds gay to me", I'll say "Fair enough, I'm certain many homosexuals enjoy reading about homophobic societies"

I am homophobic now?! Even if I were, I wouldn't start yelling about it at a public forum.

When you say "WH40K has too much fantasy for me, SC on the other hand is brutal and rugged" I'll say "You don't really know jack **** about 40k, do you?"

Well, since this is not a blog, let me say it again: whether it's the books, the RTS games, Space Marine, the figurines or the board games, they all look way too epic and childish for my taste. The weapons, customs and armor engravings just make no sense to me at all and no, I am not willing to go through 1000 pages worth of lore to understand why something looks ridicilous in the first place. WH40K always looked like fan fiction to me...

Wow! Transformers for grown ups!

Edited by Katphood

Aesthetically I think WH40K is crap. So... SC wins.

HeresyStamp.png

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I also thought WH40k was dumb. Hell, it is dumb. Especially the fake latin grated on me. But I think it started to grow on me after spending a few afternoons reading 1d4chan.

"It is the scale and depth. Anything can happen, and it does, all day, every day, at 250% maximum awesome. It is the over-the-top-80's, super-gritty-90's, and depth-demanding-2K's all blended together into one multimedia story. It harkens to the classic tales of the Gothic Age, the epic fables of Northern Europe, the darkness and detached sentimentalism of WW1, the corrupt tales of the urban underworld, the mind-warping fantasies of Lovecraft, and all while maintaining a sense of dark humor and romantic heroism."

"Don't forget the Gregorian choir of enraged neckbeards that accompany it."

D6l8fu1.gif

Gotta love this trend of game companies sniping at each other over PR fails.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 6

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's Dark Fantasy IN SPACE where the main good guys are an entire faction of Lawful Stupid Paladins. And the story potential is there for other characters to try and navigate that. Trying to stop some great evil while not being a jerk yourself and not getting smashed by the jerks on your own side.

Usually this goes horribly wrong. But hey, that's what I like in horror stories anyway.

I'm still waiting for an epic party based RPG. Any day now. Any day...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I always see Warhammer games on Steam, on dirt cheap sale bit never bothered to pick them up - as other things steal my interest.

Mechanicus does look cool and Armada II looks amazing artistic wise but looking at past Warhammer games like Dawn Of War series, will it just be the same old Warhammer which has just gotten progressively worse?

Hmmmm..

I avoided Total War: Warhammer like the plague because the essential reskin focis shifted and it looked like a LOTR rts clone, forgot the name of it. Meh.

Other than those things of which I mention, I am not too familiar with the Warhammer games. They had an Gauntlet style game in first person that I was imterested but forgettable (as I forgot that too).

Is this for real? Lol

"It is the scale and depth. Anything can happen, and it does, all day, every day, at 250% maximum awesome. It is the over-the-top-80's, super-gritty-90's, and depth-demanding-2K's all blended together into one multimedia story. It harkens to the classic tales of the Gothic Age, the epic fables of Northern Europe, the darkness and detached sentimentalism of WW1, the corrupt tales of the urban underworld, the mind-warping fantasies of Lovecraft, and all while maintaining a sense of dark humor and romantic heroism."

^That's gotta be the worst marketing pitch in history, it practically screams "I have a identity crisis, don't play me unless you're as artificial as me". Please tell me the devs/pubs didn't say this!!!!

#JustSonicThings but the wise nonetheless.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...