Mass Effect 2

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I've mentioned it a few times before. I've tried ME for all of 30 minutes. Didn't like it. I doubt ME2 is going to be my cup of tea.

With that out of the way, those looking forward to it, discuss ;)

is the pc version just a glorified console port or will it really feel like the superior version (like dragon age)

because if its a port i'm just gonna get the 360 version to continue my save

but if its really a superior version in every way then i'll get the pc version

anyone know???

I haven't actually seen much that's said how the pc differs from the xbox... I mean going by how they handled ME, everything was tweaked up to take advantage of pc hardware more and the control system/HUD was shifted to work better with keyboard & mouse rather then gamepad..

I'd assume there'd be something similar this time around ... but it's just a guess.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gee, and I was only just thinking the thread was about due for pruning.. ;)

And on a seperate note ; watching that new launch trailer.. I loved the score. Looking forward to getting ahold of the soundtrack if the rest of it's like that.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

is the pc version just a glorified console port or will it really feel like the superior version (like dragon age)

because if its a port i'm just gonna get the 360 version to continue my save

but if its really a superior version in every way then i'll get the pc version

anyone know???

Not a port, coded separately, like DA.

the difference between dragon age on the console v pc was enormous, mass effect not so much correct?

so if it stays that same proportional difference as ME 1 then it sounds like it doesnt matter much?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

the difference between dragon age on the console v pc was enormous, mass effect not so much correct?

so if it stays that same proportional difference as ME 1 then it sounds like it doesnt matter much?

I'd say it comes down to personal preference more than any kind of technical stuff(unless you want full 1080p or really like mouse/keyboard).

The bare minimum of what is better on the PC version starts with

-Much higher resolution

-Hi-res textures that arent compressed and full of artefacts

-Better framerate

-Faster loading times

..and so on. Me looks like a blurry piece of crap on my 360, but its pretty sweet on the PC and I only have a C2D2.4ghz/GTX260/4gb ram not exactly top-of-the-line

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I did like the pc's shift away from the "wheel" . Maybe it's more aesthetics, but it felt easier to use when it was split into the three seperate boxes around the edges of the screen rather then a glowing wheel in the middle of it..

But then I'm big on keyboard and mouse, tend to find gamepads clunky.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

whats the drm scenario? disc check? or activation limit etc bull****?

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You already are... except with less panache

whats the drm scenario? disc check? or activation limit etc bull****?

They havent really said, but I suspect the hardcopy uses Securom7 and knowthat the digital dowloads is STEAM. You can also run your hardcopy through steam, so you wont need the disc to play

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's the same as Dragon Age. Disk Check.

There's day 1 DLC including a new squadmate that you get with the Cerberus Network Card. The CNC is included free with all new copies of the game. So, basically it's EXACTLY what they did with Dragon Age and Shale.

I'm going to guess they'll do this with all their titles now.

What I'm wondering is if Zseed will be as well done/integrated as Shale. Something tells me he won't be because I know the writers on DA talked about Shale from the very beginning (2005), but Zseed seems to be something they added when they saw how well it worked for DA.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Someone bitchslapped EA / Bioware again. First Dragon Age DLC was leaked early and now ME2. Shame.. especially as offical EU release date is still week away. I bet many don't want to wait :wacko:

Interesting. Personally I think if that's the case and stores have copies of said game, they should just start selling it. I remember the first ME street date was broken by K-Mart here in Aus, which started a chain reaction, by the end of the day every store was selling it.

What I'm wondering is if Zseed will be as well done/integrated as Shale. Something tells me he won't be because I know the writers on DA talked about Shale from the very beginning (2005), but Zseed seems to be something they added when they saw how well it worked for DA.

But will it be noticeable? The only way it would be is if there was banter between party members, which was to say the least poor in ME. I'm not really expecting the characters in ME2 to be as.... talkative as they were in DA. I expect he will get his quest, a bunch of dialogue after each mission and thats about it.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Good point. There won't be nearly as much banter, but character do interact on the Normandy sometimes.

DudeSheps apparently have 5 female 'romance' options on the ship.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.