Mass Effect 2

Gorth

I've seen few posts declaring that there aren't any gay bromances of any kind in ME2 and the information has come from that Casey something guy who runs the whole show. Haven't seen any official confirmation though.

If that turns out to be true, then sorry for bursting your bubbles :shifty:

The point of bromances is that they aren't gay.. the bromance is the ultimate buddy concept shown in way too many films. Riggs and Murtagh (however you spell it) from Lethal Weapon was a bromance..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've seen few posts declaring that there aren't any gay bromances of any kind in ME2 and the information has come from that Casey something guy who runs the whole show. Haven't seen any official confirmation though.

If that turns out to be true, then sorry for bursting your bubbles :lol:

Praise the loooord

oral.jpg

They must be short on resources indeed :shifty:

edit: oh shucks, I fell into the same trap as DD.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

edit: oh shucks, I fell into the same trap as DD.

It was so easy to believe, wasn't it?

I just took a quick look at bio's forums, and Tali romance is pretty much confirmed. Haha this game just cracks me up.

How the heck would a Tali romance work anyway? I mean seriously.

They've covered it semi-scientifically actually.. The whole "alien life forms probably won't catch diseases from other alien lifeforms..because they're.. you k now.. alien." The quarren use suits everywhere because after so many generations on starships and that sort of "clean environment" their own immune systems kind of suck. So they react badly to environmental pollutants.

So get a quarren in a "clean" room and they're fine and dandy for getting out of the suit.. but after all these generations there are all sorts of taboos dealing with the suits...

Other point ; there was some mention that Tali in ME1 was like the precocious teenager, unexperienced and eager to see what the world was like.. now it's several years later she's more the experienced twenty-something. One of the Bio guys mentioned something along the lines of it being like a "Now Tali's all grown up and Shepherd gets to contrast what she was like then with what she's like now." Or something to that vague effect...

Now, I'm not one of those hankering for a Tali-mance. I've always kind of had the idea she was like the "adoptive daughter" type of character in a lot of sci-fi films. But ah well.

Other point ; there was some mention that Tali in ME1 was like the precocious teenager, unexperienced and eager to see what the world was like.. now it's several years later she's more the experienced twenty-something. One of the Bio guys mentioned something along the lines of it being like a "Now Tali's all grown up and Shepherd gets to contrast what she was like then with what she's like now." Or something to that vague effect...

Several years later? How much exactly?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think they said 5 years.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

My thoughts exactly, there is only a couple of months between ME and ME2. Although I suppose that time is relative, a galactic week is an hour (I think) so it is possible; maybe.

But I'm reading too much into this, nonsensical comic book plot is a hallmark of the series it seems.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My thoughts exactly, there is only a couple of months between ME and ME2. Although I suppose that time is relative, a galactic week is an hour (I think) so it is possible; maybe.

But I'm reading too much into this, nonsensical comic book plot is a hallmark of the series it seems.

Oh no way is it months. I'm fairly sure they said Shepherd has been believed dead for about 2 years. And I can't remember how long it was he "died" after the events of ME1

Oh no way is it months. I'm fairly sure they said Shepherd has been believed dead for about 2 years. And I can't remember how long it was he "died" after the events of ME1

He dies on months when the disappearances start and stays two years when Messianic figure Shepard (I'm I the only one getting this vibe from the guy) comes back. But I'm not sure may have to double check.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.

Yup, two years. So Tali goes from the perky and enthusiastic 19 year old (thereabouts) to the world weary and experienced 21 year old.. :x

The whole point of a rite of passage is to make someone an adult. When she left the flotilla, Tali was treated like and expected to behave like a child. When we returned and was accepted into a ship, everyone treated her like and adult and she

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What makes no sense is the character change we see in Liara.
You mean the comic?

Indeed. Then again, the writer seems a bit fixated.

Comic one: A group of batarians try to rape Liara, she beats them up.

Comic two: A batarian tries to rape Liara, she bashed his head into a wall and kills him.

There's also this:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/107/ariagrope.jpg

Right. She's in the middle of a dramatic negotiation and stops to fondle herself for the viewer.

Edited by Gorth
Hate to be a nag, but there is that language filter thing. Changed image to a link

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.